“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #218 of 1,100 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Cascais, Portugal
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

staff friendly ... rooms clean, toilets clean and in great condition for an hostel .. I could enjoy every morning an hot shower our bath :D and after it if you wake up earlier you could have the typical breakfast.
The dinner it's the same .. but don't forget !!

if you arrive late for the breakfast or dinner ... there's nothing left for you.
both, dinner and breakfast are free!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank joaoXD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Great location, minutes walk from the Roma Termini, with a secure gated entrance, nearby bars/restaurants/market and laundry with internet. The dorm rooms are fairly sizeable with a hutch for luggage and ensuite bathroom (plus hall bathrooms that are pretty much communal). Cereal/toast breakie is light but comp'd and the free pasta dinner sign up each night is a good beer sponge but will leave you hungry. Overall good value.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Augusta, GA
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Hey Everyone!!! Staying at Legends RUINED my vacation. They have bed bugs.... Not just myself but another girl in my room were eaten alive. Now I am in Madrid and cannot enjoy myself because I look like I have giant chicken pox!!! I stayed in the girls dorm 3 on a top bunk. Please do not stay here!!!!! I know its hard to resist the temptation to stay in a place so cheap, but now I am going to have to pay twice that to have my laundry done here because I am paranoid that I brought the bugs with me!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank rnovakgs

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

aussie
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Hostel under new management now has Free Pasta at night with a glass of wine, Free Breakfast in the morning Kicken/ common room has every thing you need to cook and even free food in the cupboards, staff are awsome and so much fun, has everything you need with out leaving the hostel, Internet, International Phone and they have Free Dvd to watch if you wanna relax and put your feet up..

• Liked — Nothing is ever a problem 4 the staff and they are there making sure your having fun
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank robert_ira
St. Louis
Reviewed July 17, 2006

I had an extremely bad experience at this hostel. I had a complicated booking at Alessandro Legends Hostel, (I was scheduled to change rooms twice.) On the third night I made a point of confirming with Mintu, the guy at reception, that I was in the correct room, and he agreed that I was. Later that night, around 2:30 AM, he came into my female dorm room, shook my shoulder and shined a flashlight into my face, and then ordered me to gather all my things and change rooms. Naturally this woke up the entire room as I began trying to pack all of my belongings at 2:30 AM, in the dark. Mintu ordered me into a room with three men who I didn't know. When the girl who was traveling with two of those men, who never wanted to take my bed in the first place, convinced him that she was fine staying with her friends, Mintu told me that I could move all must stuff BACK to my room. This pointless ordeal lasted atleast half an hour, and because I had a museum reservation in the morning and had to wake up early, I am physically exhausted and furious about it. I told Mintu that I expected a refund for that night and tonight, the last night of my stay in Italy, and he said Ok. I made reservations at a different hostel for tonight, and when I spoke to the staff about the incident, they informed that they could not give me a refund for cancelling my reservation. I would like to emphasize that I did not expect a refund for having to change rooms, or because I cancelled-- I expect a refund because Mentu's behaviour was totally inappropriate, pointless and inexcusable. Because the staff was unwilling to compensate me for my trouble, I plan to post as many negative reviews as I possibly can on as many websites as I possibly can. Take my advice-- find a different hostel.

• Stayed July 2006