“Fantastic location, fantastic service!”
Review of Domus Mazzini B&B

and 1 more site!
Domus Mazzini B&B
Ranked #1,240 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
London
“Fantastic location, fantastic service!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've just returned from a week in Rome for work and stated at the lovely Domus Mazzini. Just a 5 or so minute walk from the nearest tube station you find yourself in the heart of 'real' Rome, yet so close to all the sights.

Ciro was incredibly welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. He asked what I liked for my breakfast and for the next 5 mornings I had it!

The room was well equipped with a modern bathroom and international TV news channels for the rare moments I was in my room.

If you want a great base to explore the city then look no further. I will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CYHSYF
CiroDB, Owner at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Sean, sorry for the late reply. Your words help me trying to do what I can to give the best hospitality to my guests, thank you very much.
I hope to have you back here soon, even if it's a long way to Tipperary.
Bye.
Ciro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The owner of the hotel is a very nice and welcoming person. Trying to do his best in order to help the visitor on its best way. He helped us a lot during our stay (if it's regarding directions to anywhere, or anything else we needed during our stay) The location of the place is not in the center of the touristic zone (which was in our search, so we enjoyed the quiteness of the neighborhood) and still, the touristic zones as the Vatican was 15 minutes walking, and the farest - the Colusseum was less than hour walking. The hotel was 3 minutes from a metro station that can take you anywhere. The breakfasts were rich in content and nice. And great capuccino

Room Tip: The green room is the biggest (suitable for 3 persons, but we got it as a couple)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CiroDB, Owner at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi and thank you very much.
We always try to do our best to pamper our guests, I am happy to see that we succeeded this time.
Thank you very much again.
Best wishes.
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Where should I start? When I think about Domus Mazzini only best memories comes to my mind. We’ve stayed there for our honeymoon, since Rome was our city of choice. After a lot of research regarding where and which is the best place for us, and believe me it lasted for almost two weeks, I got a “secret deal” offer for Domus Mazzini. I cross checked comments and grades on both booking.com and tripadvisor.com, and we booked our stay at Domus Mazzini. A week before our arrival date, I exchanged some emails with Mr. Ciro, who is one of owners/managers, about WIFI availability and room accessories, but nothing could prepare me for what we came across when we arrived: absolute perfection, hospitality, kind words and staff ready and eager to help.
Whole Domus Mazzini used to be, I assume, one big apartment in quiet part of residential area of Rome, surrounded by many trees, private gardens, trattorias, cafes, theatres… That apartment is divided in several spacious sweet rooms decorated in eclectic style with private bathroom, manager’s office, and kitchen. Every room has TV with satellite programs, including ones in English, in case you don’t speak Italian, air condition… Rooms are being made every day, towels exchanged every other day, and Italian breakfast is served every day from 8.30-10am. Key is given to you upon arrival, one to room, one for domus, and one for the building.
We were welcomed by Mrs Rosana, very kind lady, who explained us that Domus is at only 20 minutes light walk away from both piazza del Popolo and Vatican, she was superkind to let us in our room earlier than 2 o clock, she showed us where main bus stops are and where each one of buses could take us, if we decided to take bus instead walking or subway. Since we spoke Italian she was delighted to speak with us, and very charming. The next day, and all the other days till the end of our stay we were served by Mr Ciro de Benedetti, who is, I think, one of the owners. He prepared breakfast every day for all the guests, made EXCELLENT espresso and cappuccino, toasted bread, and talked to us about everything. He recommended few good places to eat, drink coffee, eat sweets, among which, I would highly recommend “caccio e pepe” trattoria nearby. When we said that we, usually don’t eat sweet breakfast (common for all accommodations in Italy) he prepared some mortadella and cheese for us next day. However I’d recommend you to do as Romans do and, act like they do, eat sweet breakfast, enjoy coffee and cornetti, eat ice cream at gelateria dei Gracchi, try saltimbocca alla romana, go eat pizza al taglio where they measure it on grams, try prosciutto, eat Panini... On our last day, Mr Ciro, came to say goodbye, since he’d leave before we came back to depart, he was very kind, honest and cordial, and we were truly touched by his gesture. He advised us to take busshutle, instead of metro and train to Fiumicino airport, since it’s cheaper, and takes less time. All in all, I would like to thank him for the great welcome, pleasant time and hospitality, and I’d recommend staying in Domus Mazzini to all tripadvisor.com members looking for a great place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnaCupina
CiroDB, Owner at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Ana ! I have no words to thank you for being so nice.
Best wishes to you for everything.
Ciao.
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I went for just over a week for the rome open tennis. Perfect location for walking to arena every day . The area is perfect for staying in rome as there is no stress of tourism and traffic and you have the feel of a chilled out area where you can sit outside many roadside restaurants which are wide and tree lined. Ciro the owner is always available to make your breakfast in the morning. Rooms are very clean and cool. Wi-fi is very good in rooms. All in all, it was perfect for me and next time i need to stay in rome.... I know where to go.

CiroDB, Proprietario at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hi Adrian and thanks for your nice words I expect you to come next year for the Tournament, it should become a kind of "mini slam" on two weeks, shouldn't it ?
As you might know we are going to miss the Uefa League one more time :-( too bad !
Say hi to Katherine on Rossana's and my behalf.
Take care.
Toronto
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent 7 nights at the Domus Mazzini B and B and were very satisfied overall. The rooms are super clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, and enough for us to get the day started. What really made this place worthwile was Ciro's warm and engaging conversation with us and his wonderful suggestions about places to eat and visit. It is a bit off center, but we certainly appreciate the quietness of the neighbourhood after a long day. The nearest metro stop (Lepanto) is only about a 7 minute walk from the b and b and it is so easy to get to the main attractions (for example, Spanish steps are only one metro stop away while Trevi fountain is only two stops away from Lepanto station) and there are buses that are easily accessible. The neighbourhood restaurant Cacio e Peppe is a must try and we had our best meal there during our stay. I loved this neighbourhood and it's a real treat to just wander the streets with the other locals. I will certainly recommend this place and will not hesitate to stay here next time I am in Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CiroDB, Proprietario at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Theresa ! Thank you very much for your review: it is easy to be a good host when guests are so nice.
I hope to see you again soon, either side of the ocean.
The best to you and Meytal.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I spent three nights at the Domus Mazzini B&B with my mother. We had booked two rooms and found them spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We arrived early and were greeted with a very friendly reception by the owner Ciro. He was extremely helpful in dealing with our enquiries about restaurants and bars in the city and made several phonecalls on our behalf, seeking out information to assist us. The B&B is approximately a 15min walk from the Vatican and myself and my mother walked to most of the main sights, including to the Colosseum (roughly an hour away, but all the more enjoyable by stopping along the way at the numerous cafes for refreshments!). I would recommend the open-top buses as a great way to see most of the major tourist attractions of Rome as you can hop on and hop off at the various stopping points to explore at your leisure.
The rooms at the B&B are very clean, including the bathrooms which are cleaned each day. Breakfast is prepared by the owner Ciro and includes tea/coffee, breads, fruit, yoghurts, cereal, fruit juices, cheese and cold meats. All in all it was very sufficient and provided a perfect start to the day before embarking on a walking tour of this beautiful city. While eating breakfast we chatted with the very friendly owner on a multitude of topics and he was a very charming and entertaining host.
We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Domus Mazzini B&B when we next come to Rome.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
domuscavour, Owner at Domus Mazzini B&B, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Derek ! Thank you very much for the very nice comment. I should reward you and your mother to give me the chance of practicing my limping English.
I am really looking forward to visiting Dublin in a near future, hopefully we may meet there this time. Ciro
Roosdaal
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Good location in a rather quiet neighbourhood, on walking distance of the center and subway.
Comfortable, clean rooms. The rooms are kind of part of a big transformed apartment on the first floor of a big but majestic building, and have private bathroom.
Perfect reception by friendly and helpfull owner.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple