My wife and I live in Italy. My family came over to visit so we decided to take a trip to Rome. We found this supposed B and B on several websites and thought it hit what we are looking for.
Wrong!!! Here is my breakdown, I'll start with Pros so I am not a negative Nancy.
Pros - location to Vatican, rooms are ok.
- Power goes out everytime someone takes a shower which are big enough to fit a small teenager.....maybe.
- air-conditioner is too small to cool rooms in summer and constantly overflow and need a bucket dumped. Very hot in summer months. The owner needs to quit being cheap and buy a wall mounted a/c unit or atleast buy fans. There are also signs posted to leave the A/C off during the summer months due to the flooding from these units. It's always nice coming back to a room that is 100 degrees with a screaming baby, I'd rather sit outside and wait an hour or so until it gets slightly cool enough to come inside.
- Breakfast is a joke. Pre-packaged bread cakes is not what we expected.
- Owner tried to make us pay in cash. My wife and I believe is a tax evading criminal so we wanted to use our credit card so there is proof of purchase through our bank. Don't let him swindle you. Tell him you do not have a pin code to your debit card so you cannot pull out cash.
- We opted for the pick-up service. It was me, my mom and dad, wife, and 2 month old baby girl. He brought a vehicle with 4 available seats and expect my wife to hold my baby. Plus a stroller, 2 suitcases...... We finally fit everything in there but it was a cramped right, that's for sure.
- We again opted for his airport delivery service at 6am to get my family to the airport. He did not show. He did not answer his phone. He stood up my family to include a 2 month old on the side of the road. We had to walk over a mile to a cab station. In the end, the cabbie was 10 Euro cheaper and 10x more friendlier than the guy who runs this "B/B"
Overall - Do not stay at this place. If I would have read the reviews before I went, I would have canceled my reservation right away. Save your money and find a B and B that has great reviews. Don't necessarily settle on location. The subway is very good and can get you anywhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Francesca Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.