This is a very nice place to stay in Rome and I would recommend it, but travelers should be aware of some items:
1) This isn't a typical Bed & Breakfast. The owner has taken apartments in old buildings, gutted them out and put multiple bedrooms in each. The decor is very contemporary and the renovated apartments are completely automated (e.g., electronic sensors throughout to control the lights). On that note, the bedrooms in the units are very nice. My apartment had 9 bedrooms in it. There isn't a common area or place to socialize with other travelers or talk with the hosts. Not all the apartments are in the same building. I had to walk around the block to my apartment after checking in at the office located at the address featured on my Expedia reservation confirmation.
2) My bedroom did not have: a cup in the washroom, a telephone or an alarm clock.
3) You get a voucher to have a morning croissant and coffee at the neighborhood cafe / bar. For me it was one block away from my apartment, but it may be closer for some depending on which building you're staying in.
4) Finding the office to check in is challenging. I walked from the train station, which is about a 10 minute walk and not too difficult if you have a map. However, when you get to the street of the address you should note that there's no sign for the B&B as it's in an apartment building. You have to buzz the B&B on the intercom to gain access into the building and then proceed up one floor to the office to check-in. Once you arrive at the B&B's office, you'll have to buzz again or knock to get in.
5) There is no wireless internet as indicated on Expedia. However, this is free internet, but it's hard wired and you need a cable. If you don't have a cable there's a Mom and Pop computer shop a few doors down from the apartment building where the B&B's office is located. Cables are $5 Euros.
6) As mentioned in Point 1, the bedrooms are located in newly renovated apartments in old buildings. These apartments are very automated and contemporary. When entering the apartment be sure to note the exit. In the apartment where my bedroom was located the door exiting the apartment is hidden by one of the contemporary wall panels. There's also no doorknob or sign to indicate that the wall panel is an exit. Since there's no doorknob on the exit door panel, you have to pull the panel towards you by gripping a small lock on the panel. The hallway leading to the bedrooms is lined with similar panels, so determining the exit can be a challenge the first time if you entered the apartment quickly and didn't look behind you to see the door/panel close behind you.
Despite these odd problems, it is a nice place to stay. The rooms and apartments are exceptionally clean and modern. The prices are also very reasonable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Carra 1 Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carra 1 Hotel Rome
- Carra 1 Bed And Breakfast