“Kind and friendly staff, cozy rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mi Casa Tu Casa Bed & Breakfast
Mi Casa Tu Casa Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2,949 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Bratislava
“Kind and friendly staff, cozy rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

Location: streets/surround dirty and noisy, doesn t look safe, but there was no problem during our stay (so maybe it was just our prejudice), close to termini station (10 minutes walking,easily to reach), metro/tram/bus 100 m, small park nearby, near to S.Maria Maggiore (10 minutes walking), Coloseum (25 minutes walking). Supermarket 200 m, lot of chinese shops
Building: probably after reconstruction, nice and clean (mi casa has its rooms on 5th floor), elevator
Rooms: big, nice, clean, simply furnished, tv and some books, maps and tourist information at disposal
Breakfast: at choice croissants, toasted bread, biscuits, jam, butter, milk, coffee and tea, Kitchen: no ability to prepare own meal, microwave owen, ewer, fridge and hollow-ware at disposal
Staff: kind, friendly, helpfull, english speaking (maybe multilanguage :) ), fast response to emails
Other: two bathrooms for all visitors, foehn, tath towels at disposal, no reception (but they give you telephone no to call them in case of need).
We would reccomend it to our friends

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here twice now. Once for a week in the spring of 2005 and once for a week in the fall of 2008. We absolutely love the place and will continue to stay there whenever we visit Rome. Now keep in mind, this is Rome (Roma Bella) it is noisy. Romans are not consumed by their work, be patient. If you want a large hot breakfast plan on cooking it yourself. What is provided is a nice little kitchen with a stove and fridge and everything you need to cook your own pasta dishes every night. The owners do not live there but make frequent stops and are there for your check in when you coordinate it with them. There is a grocery store 1 block away and the train station is about a 10 minute walk. There is a subway station within 100 meters that will have you at the Spanish steps in 10 minutes for wine and laughter every night,

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

I stayed with my daughter and her partner at the casa for three all too brief nights. It's an excellent B & B in a wonderful city. Comfortable, stylish, spotlessly clean and friendly. Very well situated for the metro, buses and the station termini. I liked having a kitchen and it was well supplied with all we needed for a light Italian breakfast. Those reviewers who criticised the neighbourhood, the breakfast, the number of chairs in the kitchen etc. cannot be aware of the general cost of accommodation in any big city these days. If they require more than the Casa offers they should open their wallets and go to a hotel.

Ernest Hall - London

• Liked — comfort and stylishness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank kaneLondon
Barcelona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2006

I have been for 5 nights at "Mi casa tu casa".
The first day I had to wait on the street and telephone to ask for someone come to give me my room.
At the telephone there was a machine.
A lot of time after, a girl from Bulgaria? Russia? come and get my money for all the days.
She said to me that no one listen the aswering machine so she appears by chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I said I was coming, and I had payed one night before!
At night I suffer the high noisy place I hace ever stayed. Not because the noisy street, it was because of the neiboughs that were in the bed and breakfast. You can listen EVERYTHING of the peoble who stay at the room beside of you because the rooms are connected by doors!!!!! not by walls! so you listen if they sing, they laugh, they (---), they smoke, everything.

Vueling, the aereo company, lost my luggage. I gave the telephone of "Mi casa tu casa". They call to the hostel but as always, the answer machine. NO ONE OF MI CASA TU CASA say to me that Vueling bring me my lost luggage.
When I realize, I telephone to a mobil phone of the hostel that they only give you when you pay. A man told: "IT'S YOU LUGGAGE IT'S YOUR PROBLEM". Nice, very nice.

Moreover, the last days of my stay, one of the two bathrooms, was broken. A lot of peoble, just 1 bathromm.

About the breakfast? it's cheaper and better if you go for a capuccino and a cornetto to the street.

I wont come back there, I rather prefer a place where you can find the owners or workers of the hostel, a place you can trust.

Good luck,

Marta

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Tips/Secrets — no service there
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Manchuria

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2005

My partner and I spent six nights at Mi Casa Tu Casa, and we really enjoyed every minute of our stay. Our emails were answered promptly before we left and we were greeted upon arrival by friendly Simona who waited for us to arrive late due to a delayed flight. The B&B is a converted apartment on the 5th floor of a downtown building, and there are only five rooms in it so our stay was quiet and relaxing. Our room was large, the beds comfortable and the apartment was sufficiently heated. The apartment was decorated nicely Ikea-style in bright colors, a bit stark but ok. The breakfast was alright (jam, toasts, croissants) but not amazing (there's a supermarket next door where we bought cereal and eggs). We really enjoyed using the communal kitchen and we found the other guests really quiet and respectful, catering mostly to couples. It's not the Ritz, but it's super clean and private. The only downside was that the whole Termini area is seedy. But the metro was close and the traffic wasn't too noisy and we could sleep well. I should mention that we had to state our time of arrival and since no one lives in the B&B, the staff came to meet us at arrival and if you're early you have to wait in cold outside (this happened to another couple there). This B&B is perfect for a couple on a getaway, not too expensive and really cozy with the plus of having a kitchen and being downtown. It's definately not the type of place to party or meet other people. All in all, a great little jewel of a B&B that we highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2005