“Great location- don't bother with shuttle service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Eva's Rooms

Eva's Rooms
Ranked #666 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
New Hampshire
“Great location- don't bother with shuttle service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This B&B had a great location, near the Spanish steps. My boyfriend and I were able to walk to each destination in Rome within a 1/2 hour walk. Beats waiting for public transportation. The clerk at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I think she was the daughter of the owner? The rooms were comfortable and clean. The shower was amazing, hot with great water pressure. The breakfast was typical of an Italian breakfast; crossant which was glazed, juice, italian toast and coffee. Just enough to get us going.
As for our problem... A few months prior to our trip I emailed Eva's Rooms to ask if they offered a shuttle service from the train station (Roma Turbita (?)) to their hotel. I recieved a response saying to email them again the day before our arrival with our train number. I thought great! So we did that and a man picked us up right from the train landing and brought us to the B&B. When we arrived he asked for 50 euros! We were expecting to pay a tip. The man who picked us up told us that the 50 euros included our trip back to the train station when we depart. So we thought that was fair. The day before our departure we wanted to make arrangements to be brought back to the station. We were then told that our 50 euros was for one way only and that we were emailed with this information back in July. The printed email was under our door for us to see. I searched everywhere in my inbox, trash ext for this email and I could not find it (no way I would have agreed had I known it was so expensive- this is a less than 10 minute drive mind you). I looked at the Sent to address and it was sent to "nobody..@whatever.com". NOT my email address!! When I explained to Nicola that we never recieved this email and this was not sent to the email address that we had corresponded with he got very irritated to the point of yelling at me over the phone. At this point I felt very uncomfortable even staying my last night. My boyfriend and I left to get some air and when we returned we had a note saying that they would pay for our taxi to the station the next morning. (which was only 8 or 9 euros... lesson learned just get a taxi!(but agree on a price before getting in the car)) They did make it up to us but Nicola still insisted that we were wrong and he sent the email to me. I just gracefully accepted and was happy to leave. After this experience I know to always get a receipt and make sure everything is clear. I wasn't so upset at the expense but more of the way I was treated. The 50 euros was my lesson learned but no one should be spoken to the way we were. If you decide to stay here just learn from our experience and get a cab instead of arranging a shuttle service from the B&B. The B&B was nice overall but that experience did leave a sour taste.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liane M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am travelling with a girlfriend through Italy so our accommodation is twin shared. We expect smallish rooms as it is Europe, however we also expect to be able to move.

This place came recommended however it was nothing like the reviews and am not able to rate this with much more than a 1. I What gave it the 1 was location which is brilliant and the decent hot water pressure plus good size towels. Single beds were narrow but relatively comfortable. Sadly this is all. There is nowhere to sit and relax at end of the tourist day however there were 2 nice looking chairs on the landing.

Maybe it was the fact I arrived quite late at night that put the owner off me but there were no words of welcome then or any other time during the stay. Even when we left there was no indication he was happy to have our custom and no arriverdici!!

Incredibly the inner walls are thin and loud guests at 3am were not conducive to a good start to our Italian tour. Wifi works only in lift that smells disgusting and reception which is where everyone congregates. The man at reception said it was due to the thick walls that wifi was limited yet we could hear everything in the room next to us..Huh??

No space to swing the cat or to put suitcases. Website is not true representation of the set up. Eg couch in pictured room is in fact in hallway. Hair dryer heated up to point of being red hot and stopped promptly after. Not good.

To describe the tray delivered each morning as breakfast is a stretch of the imaginations. There were no plates, plastic disposable cups with juice, one knife, packeted food including croissants in plastic bags and tea for one.

The icing on the cake was asking for toilet paper and begrudgingly given being half a roll which was paper rerolled onto the roll!!!! We didn't believe the stories that toilet paper was scarce in Italy but there must be an element of truth..

This place has very little going for it other than its brilliant location, and I do not recommend staying here, especially if travelling as a pair rather than a couple.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are not travelling with a partner but don't go with huge expectations...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth D
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in January 2013 and think it was one of our favourite hotels on our stay.
Firstly, you can't beat the location! 200m from the Spanish steps, a 5 min walk to the Trevi fountain, 20min walk to the colosseum and walking distance from the Vatican and any other major attraction (we didn't have to use public transport once!).
The staff here were so helpful, on arrival we were shown the main attractions on a map and tips to skip cues etc. The staff were so friendly on every occasion of service, we felt so welcome! They did everything in their power to ensure we enjoyed our stay.
The room was clean and comfortable and had a lovely view onto the street. Breakfast was brought to us personally and was a lovely touch.
We felt very secure with multiple levels of security. Overall it made our stay in Rome a fantastic experience and we will definitely choose to stay at Eva's Rooms again on returning to Rome!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Lovely hotel within easy walking distance of the Piazza de Spagna and the Trevi Fountain. We also walked to the Colosseum but with a choice of 2 metro stations only a few minutes walk away you can get anywhere you would wish to go within minutes. Breakfast was served in the room each morning at the time you request, a continental breakfast which suited us well. Room was beautifully decorated, clean and had air conditioning. Our room had a little balcony which was great for breakfast. There was a lot of noise on the street below as the horse carriages trotted up and down from early morning until late, but we were so tired from the walking and the sightseeing that we barely noticed. We will most definitely be visiting Rome again and will be using Eva's Rooms as our base.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The location is very good but the rooms are a little shabby, the walls aren't finished in my room and the lamp isn't working, there was something fluffy in my tea this morning as well and there was nothing much on the tray for breakfast but the lady was very nice and the elevator smells weird. The croissant and the coffee was very nice though. The staff are alright as well but when they fight in the night, you can hear them.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Eva rooms great people they did all to help us .we had to children with us so it was quite an effort to find suitable accommodation .nicola the manager is great so is Eva and husband Francesco
The Aloi family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was a single female travelling for a month in Italy in December 2012. I stayed 10 days at Eva's room, 7 at the start of my journey and 3 at the end. I highly recommend this hotel as the location is first rate a 2 min walk to the Spanish Steps and honestly every tourist attraction is within an easy walking distance. I found the staff helpful and the lady who delivered my breakfast each morning delightful ( she makes a wonderful coffee) I arrived very early after a flight from Singapore and even though my room was not available until noon they allowed me to freshen up, stored my luggage and even offered me coffee. I had a double bed in my room which had its own heating, bathroom and was more than comfortable and spacious. I loved waking each morning to the sound of the horses on the cobbled roads on their way to the Spanish Steps. Every patron has their own key and I felt safe at all times. A wonderful stay and next year when I return to Italy i will make Eva's rooms my hotel in Roma.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo