“Very basic, but lovely”

Ranked #2,546 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Very basic, but lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Two thing I like most about «My Life» are the family that owns it, and the location of the B&B.

Pacino family is extremely welcoming and helpful, it was a pleasure to be their guests.

«My Life» is located in a very quiet and beautiful district of Rome, yet not that far from the «center». We usually either walked directly to the center (~25 minutes walk), or walked through Villa Borghese (10 minutes walk from B&B to the villa) to Spanish steps or Piazza del Popolo. There are bus stops near the B&B, but we have not used the bus much.

The only downside I can recall is that Wi-Fi is not always on (router shares the power plug with toaster :-) — sometimes you have to ask to turn it on.

I would definitely recommend «My Life» to anyone, who does not want to stay in overloaded with tourists «center» of Rome, and doesn't mind some walking; and is OK with the fact that it is, literally, Bed and Breakfast — very basic, but lovely one!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory P
bbmylife, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast My Life, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
We respond with the usual message of thanks and an invitation to return soon to spend a peaceful and relaxing period at the bed and breakfast my life. Our structure, simple environments, which is essential in furniture, friendly in welcoming awaits you with our affection. Thanks for the wonderful review! bbmylife - rome

Florence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this B & B. The hosts were very helpful and kind and thoughtful. They provided information and were very willing to help in any way needed. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The location was close enough that I was able to walk from the B & B to the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain etc., but I love walking. The other days I took the convenient public transportation system to visit the Vatican and the Coliseum. A taxi to the train station was around 10 Euro when it was time to depart. The wifi was free and it worked great. When I come back to Rome I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arcobola
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

The room was very comfortable - the bed perfect, bathroom quite small but totally adequate. The family went out of their way to please me. The breakfast was provided as soon as I appeared and the service was perfect. I would definitely return and also recommend it to other Rome visitors. Good value also. Easy walking distance to Villa Borghese, restaurants, and shops- a real plus!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

A lovely family, who took care of us during our stay in Rome. The hostel is clean, nice and in a good location. The best thing is the family who owns it, who does everything they can to make you feel at home, and is always there, eager to help whether it is umbrellas, maps or advice about bus you need. I truly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
bbmylife, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast My Life, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

I thought I'd add an English language review, although my comments are similar to what's been posted previously. (f.y.i., http://translate.google.com/#it|en| provides reasonable translations between your choice of languages. Very useful!).

The accommodations are simple, but comfortable and very clean. There no common area, other than the kitchen, where breakfast is served. The proprietors are extremely gracious and hospitable, and will extend every effort to make your stay comfortable.

The window of my room opened onto an interior courtyard, so there's no view, but the room is quiet, with very little street noise. The neighborhood itself is quiet. The shower is of very modest dimensions. The breakfast is simple but sufficient, with various biscotti and pre-wrapped pastries of your choosing, juice, freshly prepared cappuccino, and cereal and milk if you like.

The location was convenient to the office where I was working, but it is not in the center of the tourist areas. I found it easy to get around the city, however, using public transport. The #19 tram stops at Piazza Buenos Aires, two blocks away, and runs to the Vatican Museum & St. Peters. The #86 and #92 buses run frequently on Via Tagliamento, one block away, and can take you to the Termini Rail station, with connections to the Fuimicino airport and Metro lines. The Borghese Gallery is a pleasant 15 minute walk.

Non-Italian-speaking visitors may have difficulty. My functional knowledge of Spanish and French was of little help. There are no English language channels available on the TV, but the (free) wireless internet connection was good. Guests should request that it be kept on, if you want to use it at "off hours".

Depending on your expectations and your budget, this could be a good choice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business