The only star I give this hotel is because of the renovated rooms. First, if you are looking to stay close to the touristic attractions this place is out of the way (about a 20 min taxi ride). Staff is extremely rude, dismissive and unhelpful...they can care less about you, after all you are just another foreigner tourist.
Our bathroom sink was clogged and did not drain the water, and the shower had only 2 temperatures, freezing or scolding hot.
When we arrived we wanted to enjoy the pretty pool, so we went down to the pool area only to find out we could not swim unless we rented a £5 swimming cap. Towels were also for rent for £3. Nowhere on the hotel site was that listed, and when I complained on the front desk they did not care or offered me an alternative, just shrugged.
I will not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel, neither will we come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excel Hotel Roma Montemario is located in a peaceful district surrounded by the green, short distance from the Olympic Stadium, the Flaminio Stadium and 5km from Saint Peter Basilica. The perfect choice for those in town on business or leisure, the hotel is near local bus stop and is half hour from Rome downtown. All the rooms have natural light and are provided with bath with shower, hairdryer, tv and wifi. Our Resort offers an outdoor pool opened from June to August, tennis and beach volley courts, sauna, sporting club and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Excel Hotel Roma Montemario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excel Roma Montemario Hotel Rome
- Residenza Monte Mario Rome
- Residenza Monte Mario Hotel Rome