We first arrived at the hotel and were greeted by a friendly staffer at the front desk. She handed us a paper and told us to take the "907" bus back to the bus stop that was listed on the paper. The paper stated "Forte Trionfale" so we rode the bus and rode the bus for quite some time. I finally asked the driver when we would get that and he immediately stopped the bus and stated it "was way back there" and to get off and walk back to the last bus stop on the other side. He also stated he did not know if a bus was coming back. We waited 1 hour and nothing in the middle of nowhere. We called the hotel where the same staffer told be to "wait for another bus" I told her we have been and could she please send a cab for us. She stated that we had to call a cab company and told her we were borrowing someones phone that I asked on the street. She said ok and hung up on me. My wife called back and told her not to hang up as we needed to get back and the staffer stated that she knew where we were but again told her to call a taxi and hung up. I tried to flag down 2 taxis (as taxis do not come out there) and no one came. Fianlly a taxi pulled up for another fair at a restaurant and he allowed us to share the ride and took us back. I told the staffer what she did was wrong and they should pay for the taxi fair. She said she was not wrong and that "everyone gets off at the bus stop" I told her the driver stated "they did not stop at FORTE Trionfale" and she stated " that is because it is listed under another name." I stated then why does it state ForteTrionfale on the paper? She stated "everyone knows this is the same name" I told her it was my first day in Rome and I did not know, she said "next time you will know". I am speaking to the manger tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excel Hotel Roma Montemario is located in a peaceful district surrounded by the green, short distance from the Olympic Stadium, the Flaminio Stadium and 5km from Saint Peter Basilica. The perfect choice for those in town on business or leisure, the hotel is near local bus stop and is half hour from Rome downtown. All the rooms have natural light and are provided with bath with shower, hairdryer, tv and wifi. Our Resort offers an outdoor pool opened from June to August, tennis and beach volley courts, sauna, sporting club and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excel Hotel Roma Montemario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excel Roma Montemario Hotel Rome
- Residenza Monte Mario Rome
- Residenza Monte Mario Hotel Rome