“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #327 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and found this hotel all I had been led to believe by previous reviews. Helpful staff and good service. Breakfast had all you could wish for. If you are looking for a full English then book a hotel in Rome. Free dinner first night was a lovely touch. So close to metro that if you did not want to walk then a very easy trip to anywhere at a cost of 1.50 euro. Tickets sold everywhere. Local restaurants excellent with good value meals available. Particular mention to Ellectra which was the very very best. Wine 18 euros per bottle and meals 8 euros per plate. Would have had to pay much more at home for the superb quality food. Will return to this hotel ASAP

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here last May (May 2012) for 5 days with a friend. Now, first, be aware that hotels in mainland Europe are very varied. So what is 3 stars one place won't be 3 star another and so on.

The hotel itself was clean. The receptionists were very nice (since they charge for wifi in the room when I was there, I was allowed to use their computer to reserve seats for my plane + printing). The staff were knowledgeable about the important things (nearest supermarket, best family restaurant in area ect) and friendly. Breakfast was alright, the coffee was fantastic!

Air conditioning didn't work properly when I was there, but the staff were very helpful in finding a temporary solution. I didn't mind as we didn't have the heat at the time. I am going back to Rome next year and I will be staying here again! Central, easy to get to, nice people and clean!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the small road, as it is quieter than the main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anne S
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 13, 2013

FIRST. When i arrived, Front woman said 'wait about two minutes'. But it took a long time. and then no explanation with just saying 'follow the staff to ouside'. I said 'What problem?'. and she said 'there is no problem'. It was LIE. i felt upset and expressed. only then, she admitted problem. it was that they had no available room. SECOND. In another hotel, when i was about to enter to room they call that hotel and said 'bring them back.'. So we came back this hotel. she just said 'give me passport'. no explanation. no apology. We was really upset and said 'Explan'. she said 'that hotel have just small room. so we send another customer and bring you back.'. She LIED again. there was a double room. both of them. THIRD. They never say sorry until asked and no matter what they say, just in tongue not in mind. I said 'first, you should said sorry'. only then, she said just 'i am sorry.' and it is all. FORTH. when i checked out, city tax is 6 euro. i gave them 20euro. But they had no charge. So i gave them 5euro and 2euro. BUT they had even 1 euro. Front man said 'next time, i'll give you free coffee for 1 euro'. I'll NEVER come back here and even they cannot remember my face. It is just robbery. 'No charge' is 'I'll take your charge'. THIS HOTEL IS , IN ONE SENTENCE , 'THE STAFF FOOL CUSTOMERS'.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank dagurang

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Stourbridge
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Good location, near Termini station, plenty of choices of eating nearby, walkable to most central places of interest. Spacious room but faced an inner service courtyard, room temperature too warm, couldn't change settings in room. Breakfast adequate reasonable variety of usual foods. Staff mostly friendly and helpful. However be aware if paying when checking out to watch that the transaction is carried out in the currency you want, mine was made in pounds sterling without asking me first and consequently cost me £15 more than if it had been made in euros. This small point marred an otherwise value for money stay on a beautiful city.

• Stayed April 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Upon entering the hotel, the female receptionist was quite blunt, no smiles, can I help you etc, just a Yes! Hardly made eye contact at all and when entering the details onto the computer, ignored my questions and held her hand out and snapped “credit card, not a great welcome at all. Then as she was telling us we had to leave our bags and could not go to the room until 2pm, a man walked in and took up a conversation with her and we were completely ignored.
We spent the rest of the day walking around Rome and came back around 7pm and were given a slip offering a free meal that evening, food only. (more on that later)
We got to our room and I was very hot from all the walking and tried to turn on the air conditioning, it did not work. I thought ok, will have a chat with reception when we go for dinner.
I decided to have a bath, as there was a jaccuzi bath in the bathroom and the shower was quite small(not “spacious” as described online) but when I turned the taps, nothing came out. The switch to the bubbles and jets also did nothing and the actual switch on the bath came out, with wiring not encased in any way. With this I called reception and was told a colleague would come and check it out. He came, could not get it to work either. He sent for another colleague who came in, looked at the bath and said I need to go to reception and change rooms as the bath had been disconnected.
I went down to reception and was asked if I had requested a bath? Obviously I had not as there was nowhere online or when booking this hotel, that asked me if I wanted a bath in my room! I said i had not but that it described them online and was met with “if you want a bath in your room you need to have asked for it or pay 40 Euros, per night, more than what I had already paid. I asked if she was serious and she said “yes and if you want to use the ones on the roof too, that would 40 Euros too. The roof area was not open at all during our stay, very disappointing! I retired to my room, tired and feeling a little ripped off, or due to be if I wanted a bath.
I had my shower and we went down for dinner. Very disappointing and very little of it but it left me feeling hungry. A plate with 3 small pieces of toast, 1 with tomato, one with black olive paste and one with garlic fish, then a small (2-3 inch square) bit of lasagne and the a 3mm slice of pork (2 inch round) with slice of lemon and drizzled in lemon sauce ( best bit), no potatoes or veg or chip or nothing.
I forgot to say anything about the air conditioner and we went out for the evening. When we got back to the hotel, the air con was not working and the room was very hot, so I called down to reception and the gent I spoke to said the air con was not working and should be fixed tomorrow. I said ok and put phone down.
I then turned on TV and found the channels but every 30 seconds the TV would freeze for about 10 seconds. This happened on every channel. I reported this and they said it also would be fixed the following day. We retired to the bed and had a restless sleep due to the heat.
The following morning, we headed down for our “English Breakfast” to be met with staff that did not smile, just looked at us and asked “room number” and then walked away. Give me a clue what to do next? We found an empty table and helped ourselves, like everyone else seemed to be doing. Our “English Breakfast” consisted of scrambled egg and boney, lightly grilled or fried bacon and pancakes, with continental breakfast everywhere else. If we wanted omelette, it would cost an extra 5 Euros. We found a coffee machine but there were no teaspoons for stirring and when I asked for some, I was grunted at and then the waitress said “No” and walked away. I really wanted to say something but by now, with the other issues, felt it would be overlooked or ignored.
I did go to see the manager but was told at the desk that that was not possible even if I had a complaint but had to wait 5 minutes to speak to another member of staff. I told her my issues with the bath, air con and TV. She replied with, you did not book the bath so no bath and air con is controlled by reception and they don’t normally allow guests to control as they complain it is too cold. I insisted I wanted to control and she said she would deal with it as soon as we leave for the day. She said she “will look into the TV” No smiles, pleases or thanks, just OK!
The decor was not good at all, large scrapes on the walls, skirting boards falling off, mould in the shower, very bad silicone around bath, very thin walls, heard people showering, chatting, having sex and TV until all hours and when person above was using water, it could be heard dripping onto our ceiling. Damp patch was there (wish you could see photos)
On the 2nd last day we were told by the receptionist that there was a public transport strike and there was only the tour buses running and we should pay him for bus ticket, 36 Euros for 2. We headed of only to find there were buses running to where we wanted to go at a cost of 6 Euros. I went back to the hotel to get my money back to be told it was non refundable. I began to get angry and the receptionist the said “ok you can have it today” I had not said anything, must have just looked angry!
On the last day, we booked out and when I went back to the hotel, the girl who had booked us in was on reception, dealing with another customer. I realised she would be a while so started to walk to the toilet. She shouted at me, “Oi, what are you doing?” I said “going to the toilet before I pick up my bags” she just turned to the man she was serving and ignored me. When he had gone, she opened a door and pointed into the room???? I could have picked up any bag or bags and walked off with them, no checks, no nothing.
After reading some of the negative reviews, when I got back home, I wish I had read them prior to my holiday as they were exactly how I felt.
There are issues with this hotel, they are unacceptable for a 4*and the hotel should be looked at again for its’ “Star Rating”

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ktull17uk
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Old outdated hotel. Bed was adequate but the shower temperature was impossible to regulate, shower head sprayed in all directions and they miss basic amenities like the ability to lend a guest an iron & ironing board. Not recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
Tenerife
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel clean and friendly,English breakfast was fine at a cost of 10€ per person also the complimentary evening meal on the first evening was fine do not know what people found to complain about on previous reviews.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple