“Welcome Piram Hotel”

Ranked #350 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Glossop, England, United Kingdom
“Welcome Piram Hotel”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Could'nt ask for more! Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely spacious room. Very clean and tidy. 3 Night stay. Wonderful stay in Rome, with wonderful memories. Would stay here again. Thank you all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mariepeacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I read many reviews about this hotel before I stayed there and I decided not to use them to judge my time there. I'm normally a fair person and don't let much bother me with hotels as long as they are clean and the food is good. At first all seemed well, the hotel was clean, the staff seemed pleasant and the decor was nice following the refurbishment that I read about.

However what the hotel staff failed to tell me was that they put my friend and I in room number 535.....this is not a problem in the first instance, but in the opposite room of 536 there is a big gap/hole in the wall. It cannot be seen as it is behind the coving/skirting and so very high up. Anyway it means that you are in for an extremely noisey stay if you get room 536 and it means you cannot cough, sneeze, walk, talk, go to the toilet or do any other reasonable thing you could think of if you are in room 535!!!!!!!!!

One neighbour complained to the staff about my friend and I talking at a normal level one night and they never mentioned to us that there was an issue with the building itself, instead they called our room for us to keep down the noise!! Another person who stayed in room 536 the next day, kindly knocked to advise us that she could hear every word when we spoke! I was embarrased and shocked considering the fact that she had complained to the hotel on several occassions about the real issue and they tried to act as if they never knew.

I thought that these two rooms just needed to be sorted alone, but when I went to see my friends who were in room 531 down the hallway, their room had damp marks on the ceiling and scratch marks on the wall, where furniture has obviously been dragged and moved. Again this was not that bad and could be put down to one room, but then they showed me their bedsheets...there were stains on the top (not nice) and then they told me that they could hear from their room when our room phone rang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So not only could 536 hear us, but it would appear that the walls are so hollow, people can hear each other generally.

The breakfast was ok, enough food to choose from, dinner was better. The pizzas are a good choice. Staff were nice in the restaurant/bar areas.......reception staff were nice if you didn't bother them too much. But I had a debate with 4 reception staff on my last night when they lied to me about how much the jacuzzi cost, they were clearly in the wrong over my bill but stood firm like guardsmen and would not compromise with me at all! Their idea of customer service is not worth mentioning!

However if like me, you want to stay here purely to sleep and shower, you will be fine. If you want to get out and see Rome from a great base, then this will do.

My points to note would be:
1. Don't stay in rooms 535 and 536 obviously.
2. Eating in the hotel is good.
3. Watch your bill and look out for hidden costs, only talk to those who can communicate properly.
4. The location is perfect, the terminal is minutes walk away. Ciampino airport is approx 30-45mins (car) drive away so where possible take the bus transfers to save money. The hotel is easy to find.
5. The jacuzzi hardly bubbles at all, it fits 2 people (not very comfortably) and is a big waste of money.....it's just like having a hot bath.
6. Sauna and steam room area is great, did not use the roof terrace as it was closed.

Room Tip: If you stay in a quiet room i.e. one at the end of each hallway and one without holes, you will slee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Derby
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel was booked for my birthday for three nights through groupon. We were a little apprehensive to what to expect as we got such a good deal. We really needn't of worried. The hotel is a stones throw away from the main railway, bus and metro station. It is a small friendly hotel with many original features including an old wooden lift with a seat in which is charming. The welcome was nice and as we were early they locked our luggage away for us until we could check into our room later. The room was spacious and beautifully clean with crisp white linen. The shower was so powerful that we had to turn it down as it ended up flying out of the holder! There was a well stocked mini bar which was around the same price as anywhere else in Rome (expensive). I think the only only improvement that could be made would be to have coffee / tea making facilities. I would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LadyCDerby
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is not a good hotel. The staff is not friendly. The room is noisy. The water in the bathroom sink was scolding hot and they could not fix it. The breakfast was awful. I had better coffee at the McDonald's upe the street. I am glad my stay was only one night because I could not take another night in this place. The TV did not work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sonia W

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I travelwd the whole world, and even an 2 star hotel in Rundu (a really small rown in namibia)
Is better than this one!!!!

1.) No double bed, but two really old single beds ;((
2.) the room smelled like an ashtray !
3.) u have an Air Condition but No remote controll
4.) the on demand movie service doesnt work .. It has never worked !!! U have only italian and arabian tv channels.
5.) the food was terrible ! (low quality, high price)
6.)the room was extrem noisy, u can hear cars the hole day and night!!

Dont go there !!!!!!

2 Thank Artur N
Birmingham,
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a pleasant hotel. The reception staff were nice, but not exceptional. The rooms were rather plain, however they were cleaned to a good standard. Unfortunately we learnt when we arrived that the roof top was closed, which we were rather disappointed about. The spa that was part of our offer was closed when we came to use it on the Sunday. We had a lovely meal there on one evening, and quite a bad one another. Breakfast was nice, but the layout of the restaurant was rather odd, and was sometimes a struggle to find a seat. The location was OK.

All in all, nothing I can say that would recommend people not to stay there, but in the same breath I couldn't recommend it either. Just average!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Katy_Jo
Cymru/Wales
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the Piram for 4 nights and did not really find anything much to complain about! As other reviewers have mentioned, the location is excellent if you are arriving by public transport as it is only 2/3 minute walk from theTermini. The room was fine (3rd Floor), shower was great and heating working well (it was really cold ouside!). We walked miles, but you can get the bus or metro very conveniently if you so wish. Breakfast was ok, perhaps more selection in the pastries/cakes department, but you could have scrambled eggs ,bacon and pancakes if you wished which was good.
The staff were fine, perhaps not OVER helpful or enthusiastic, but generally would answer any questions when asked. The only small gripe I have is that the hotel bar/dining room closed very early so if you wanted a drink/snack when you came in about 9.30/10pm there was nothing available. Also this Wine Bar area was a bit cold with not much atmosphere!(We had a meal there one night, but were told they stopped serving at 8.30pm). There are plenty of restaurants around for reasonably priced meals.
I cannot comment on the rooftop terrace as it was closed. All in all, I would use this Hotel again but would perhaps like to try others in the same area which looked a lot more welcoming than the Piram! Having said this, we had a good deal and therefore we found th Piram really good value for money!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a window as some rooms are "internal".
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple