Hotel Boccaccio
$299
$607
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$212
$322
$308
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroompastrypiazza di spagnapleasant stayclean roomsshowerattractionsunlock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel Boccaccio and have to say that the hotel staff – Patricia - was wonderful. She offered suggestions of where to go, what to see, where to eat and what tours to take. I have to say that their attentiveness and personalities was spot on!!!

The hotel room was nice but limited with amenities – no T.V. and no A/C but comfortable bed and clean. It was inexpensive since most of the time we spent in Rome was walking around and hanging out at the different sites. So we had no reason to spend money on a 4star property. The location was close to the Trevi Fountain and the main drag that had tons of restaurants, shops and grocery store. If you have to pick a property that is inexpensive, great location and exceptional hospitality - stay at the Hotel Boccaccio.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Miss Patty was very accommodating and directed us to the hotel from the Termini Station with an email ahead of our arrival. We took the bus option but realized that the Metro option would have worked out much easier. The subway let's you out 1 block up from the street (Boccaccio). There is a great coffee shop and market on this street. A few steps and an elevator took us up to Patty's rooms in a secure building. We shared a shower and 2 separate toilets but no problem and very clean. Would definitely stay again. Nice quiet terrace to sit in the morning and evening. No breakfast but the café downstairs was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel in July. What a great spot. We had a private room with bathroom and I must say out of many hotels we have stayed at in Europe over the years this was the biggest. The hotel was on the first floor of a lovely old building located within walking distance to all the sights. Good restaurants were also nearby. In particular the little Café Boccaccio served cheap and delicious meals. Patty was very helpful. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelboccaccio1, Proprietario at Hotel Boccaccio, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I'm glad when the guests take away good memories of the hotel boccaccio.
Thank you, and Arrivederci !

Hotel Hoccaccio
patty

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Boccaccio for two days on a spur of the moment solo trip to Rome. The location was perfect. I was able to walk everywhere from the hotel following a map that was provided. Patty was a perfect hostess. She explained the details of my stay patiently in English, and helped me schedule an airport shuttle for 6:30 the morning of my departure. As a single woman traveling alone I felt every safe behind three locked doors in the evenings.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I travelled to Italy alone and this was Rome was my first stop. Patty who runs the hotel is a lovely lady, very helpful. E-mail correspondence was very fast and efficient.

The hotel itself is on the 1st floor, VERY tiny elevator if you HAVE to use, otherwise a quick walk to reception. The room itself was tiny, but lovely and what I expected. Lovely bod window. There is a sink and desk apart from the bed and cupboard. Shared bathroom ( off the foyer) water temperature fluctuated quite a bit, but it was superr hot in Rome, so I did not really mind.

I stayed 3 nights and would stay here again. Literally 5 minute walk from Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps about 10-15 minute walk and piazza Popolo and Villa Borghese just beyond that. The Metro station Barberini also very close-by (2 stops from Termini) . Loads of restaurants and Gelato shops just down the road as well as a DeSpar supermarket (great sandwiches and baguettes)

The area is lively at times and as a light sleeper, I had to close the window at night after which is was nice and quiet. No tv, but this really wasn't a problem. Patty has lots of maps and other leaflets available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo