“the WORST experience”

Ranked #597 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Nicosia, Cyprus
“the WORST experience”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was the worst experience i ever had staying in hotel though im travelling a lot. I am not telling that pictures in websites and reality are two different things, i can live without absence of ac and unclean entrance with smell of shared bathroom. But when we were late to check out 10 mins because we stuck in traffic (we came 11.10 instead of 11.00) we have found out that all our things are inthe corridor near ENTRANCE!!! Noone borthed to call us. The things were not packed in bags in the room while leaving and im afraid to think how they were taking my personal items and puting in the bag.
Dear hotel, "thank you" for your assitane to pack my stuff!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Alina N
hotelboccaccio1, Proprietario at Hotel Boccaccio, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Reading your unpleasant comment after just one night in our hotel ,in the same way , we could say that also for us you can be judge one of the worst customers we have seen in our hotel .
First of all as you can read on other undred comments of customer on Tripadvisor ,the hotel is exactly like you can see on website.
We have told you 4 times that the room must be left free at 10.00 ( and not 11.00 as you wrongly said ),therefore 1 hour and 10 minutes of delay we think it's enough to put your stuff out of the room and sorry but we can not pack your luggage also because we don't want to damage you personal items. And yet...you have not paid the city tax 4 euro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel Boccaccio and have to say that the hotel staff – Patricia - was wonderful. She offered suggestions of where to go, what to see, where to eat and what tours to take. I have to say that their attentiveness and personalities was spot on!!!

The hotel room was nice but limited with amenities – no T.V. and no A/C but comfortable bed and clean. It was inexpensive since most of the time we spent in Rome was walking around and hanging out at the different sites. So we had no reason to spend money on a 4star property. The location was close to the Trevi Fountain and the main drag that had tons of restaurants, shops and grocery store. If you have to pick a property that is inexpensive, great location and exceptional hospitality - stay at the Hotel Boccaccio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Miss Patty was very accommodating and directed us to the hotel from the Termini Station with an email ahead of our arrival. We took the bus option but realized that the Metro option would have worked out much easier. The subway let's you out 1 block up from the street (Boccaccio). There is a great coffee shop and market on this street. A few steps and an elevator took us up to Patty's rooms in a secure building. We shared a shower and 2 separate toilets but no problem and very clean. Would definitely stay again. Nice quiet terrace to sit in the morning and evening. No breakfast but the café downstairs was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bundaberg
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel in July. What a great spot. We had a private room with bathroom and I must say out of many hotels we have stayed at in Europe over the years this was the biggest. The hotel was on the first floor of a lovely old building located within walking distance to all the sights. Good restaurants were also nearby. In particular the little Café Boccaccio served cheap and delicious meals. Patty was very helpful. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelboccaccio1, Proprietario at Hotel Boccaccio, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I'm glad when the guests take away good memories of the hotel boccaccio.
Thank you, and Arrivederci !

Hotel Hoccaccio
patty
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Boccaccio for two days on a spur of the moment solo trip to Rome. The location was perfect. I was able to walk everywhere from the hotel following a map that was provided. Patty was a perfect hostess. She explained the details of my stay patiently in English, and helped me schedule an airport shuttle for 6:30 the morning of my departure. As a single woman traveling alone I felt every safe behind three locked doors in the evenings.

• Stayed July 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I travelled to Italy alone and this was Rome was my first stop. Patty who runs the hotel is a lovely lady, very helpful. E-mail correspondence was very fast and efficient.

The hotel itself is on the 1st floor, VERY tiny elevator if you HAVE to use, otherwise a quick walk to reception. The room itself was tiny, but lovely and what I expected. Lovely bod window. There is a sink and desk apart from the bed and cupboard. Shared bathroom ( off the foyer) water temperature fluctuated quite a bit, but it was superr hot in Rome, so I did not really mind.

I stayed 3 nights and would stay here again. Literally 5 minute walk from Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps about 10-15 minute walk and piazza Popolo and Villa Borghese just beyond that. The Metro station Barberini also very close-by (2 stops from Termini) . Loads of restaurants and Gelato shops just down the road as well as a DeSpar supermarket (great sandwiches and baguettes)

The area is lively at times and as a light sleeper, I had to close the window at night after which is was nice and quiet. No tv, but this really wasn't a problem. Patty has lots of maps and other leaflets available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Weston, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I normally stay in 3 star hotels when I go to Rome. This time I decided to select a 1 star hotel and I found this Hotel Bocaccio to be a delight. It was my first time sharing a bath when I come to Rome and I found the sharing of the bathroom at the Hotel Boccaccio to be great. The host at the hotel Patti is super Friendly and always available when you have a question on what to do when you have a question on how to get to a tourist attraction or what new to do if you have been to Rome a few times. This is why I call her "Super Pati!!" The hotel is also super close to some of the main attractions and restaurants. it was within a couple of minutes walking to the Trevi fountain, Pantheon and the Spanish Steps. The train station to get to the vatican and other main tourist spots is also two min walking distance

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
thank you very much for your kind message and for my new name "Super Patty"
ciao arrivederci