“Perfectly Adequate”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel in Parione

Hotel in Parione
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Hotel in Parione
Ranked #944 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
London
“Perfectly Adequate”
Reviewed November 20, 2006

This hotel is in the perfect location, within walking distance to lots of the main attractions and close to all the action around Campo de Fiori. The room and bathroom are pretty basic, but we didn't spend a lot of time there, so didn't care. The only complaint is that there was building work going on in the hotel or just next door, which started at 8am on the Monday morning-slightly early for us! Other than that, it was perfectly adequate for us and I would recommend it to people looking for a cheap hotel in a great location.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mitford

methuen, ma
Reviewed November 12, 2006

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE "ABSOLUTELY" SURE YOU WANT TO STAY HERE (or their sister hotel, Smeraldo). I had made reservations for Hotel in Parione 10/02/06 for May of 2007 and cancelled 10/04 due to my husbands health and his doctors recommendation. There policy is NO cancellation!! Regardless that they have 7 months to book the room. Since then I have checked the policy of all other credible hotels and the policies vary from cancelling 1 week before to 1 night before, but this practice is unheard of.
By the way, I did offer to pay any fees incurred by the charge card company and they agreed to bill me 1/2 the nightly rate. This didn't happen. They charged my credit card for one full night ,(which I am disputing) because they "changed their mind".

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank DMBVacations
San Diego
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I spent one night at the Hotel in Parione just so I could catch my early flight out of Rome the next day. Most everything in my price range was completely booked so I stayed here thanks to the great central location. The location did turn out to be perfect and the room was extremely clean but that is about all I liked about this place. The staff was abrupt with me and one of them down right rude. My TV didn't work. The water pressure in the shower was great but the shower base was only about an inch deep so I had to turn the water way down so it wouldn't overflow onto the floor. So much for good water pressure! The worst of it was the noise on the street just below my window. The closed window and shutters did NOT block out the street noise at all! It was Saturday night so the loud people were out until about 3am. I wanted to sleep wearing my earplugs but then I wouldn't hear my 5am alarm... so I was stuck trying to sleep with all the noise. There was also a women upstairs from me who must have been wearing heels. The sound of her shoes clomping around on the hard floors echoed through my room. It sounded like hammering in the middle of the night. Last but not least, everytime a door would close on my floor the slaming noise would also echo through my room startling me each time. Not fun when contemplating 24 hours of travel to get home starting the next morning!!

• Liked — Great location and clean.
  • Disliked — noisy, broken tv, poor shower set up, rude front desk guys
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring earplugs AND a loud alarm clock so you can use both!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank doggiedaiz
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2006

My husband and I just got back from 5 nights at Hotel in Parione, which by the way will be changing it's name to Smeraldo Hotel( the name of it's sister hotel). We enjoyed our stay very much. We had room 102 and it had a window looking out over the street. Our room was fairly large by European standards. We had a very nice queen size bed with room to walk around. The room was very clean with ammenities that you don't find in all 2 star European hotels. We had nice big towels, shampoo, air conditioning and a hair dryer. Yes, the bathroom was fairly small but suited our needs just fine. Although the staff wasn't extremely friendly they were very courteus and helpful at all times. It was noisy at times. When the shower was running in the next room it was very noisy. Since we were in Rome we were expecting noise so it didn't bother us much. The best thing about this hotel was the wonderful location. We were able to walk just about anywhere we wanted. It was just around the corner from Campo de Fiori and just a short walk to our favorite spot Piazza Navona. With the Rick Steve's 2006 guide book we paid only 115 euros a night which we think is a bargain for this hotel in this terrifice location. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location Location Location!
  • Disliked — noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Remember you are in Rome so embrace the diversity as part of your experience.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loveineurope
Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Hotel in Parione and enjoyed it immensely. It was a great location in the center of Rome with plenty of amenities within very close walking distance. The rooms were small (very common for Europe ) but were clean. The hotel had a great rooftop patio which we had to ourselves every night!

The only complaint we have is one of the staff members who worked evenings. He had to have been the most unhelpful person we have ever encountered in a hotel and bordered on being rude. Because of him, we may think twice about staying at this hotel!

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Atlanta-travelers
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed September 27, 2006

This hotel is in a fantastic location - very short walk to Campo di Fiori or Piazza Navona. A 15 or 20 minute stroll to Colosseum, or the Vaitcan in the opposite direction.
The hotel is very clean. Don't expect huge rooms - particularly the single room. The width of the room is a single bed and doorway. The length of the room is the length of the single bed. The bathroom is the width of a shower door. BUT, with a location like this it's to be expected. The double rooms I saw were slightly larger relatively speaking - i.e. there was room to walk around the bed!
This was the second time I stayed in the hotel, and maybe the staff were just having an "off" week - or perhaps it was I had just arrived from a hotel where I couldn't believe just how friendly the staff actually were, but I felt a little off-put by some of the staff.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Many of the staff were off-putting verging on unfriendly
  • Tips/Secrets — Leave hotel turning left, take immediate right at eat at Trattoria Nuova - incredible food and staff!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank N_Irish_CityTravel
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We had a pleasant stay at In Parione in early May. In Parione is a small hotel steps from the Campo de Fiori and surrounded by shops and cafes. The location is very good and we were able to walk most places including to the Vatican, back from the Forum, from Trevi Fountain, and to Piazza Navona. All within steps from the hotel is a good place for lunch (Cafe Modern and try the antipasto buffet), a nice cafe for a morning Cappuccino, and a good bakery right next door.

The rooms are small but clean and serviceable. We had a courtyard room with French doors leading onto a small balcony. We made the mistake of leaving these doors open the first evening only to realize that the hotel’s elevator is also in the courtyard by guests who were returning home late.
This is not a flashy or luxurious hotel, but a clean and comfortable hotel at a good price in a great location. We had no problems during our stay and the hotel can’t be beat for the price.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple