“Great Location, very helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Labelle

Hotel Labelle
Ranked #519 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Its not a luxury hotel, but very good for the price. it has a real local feel to it. the location is great, 5-10 minutes from the coliseum and a metro stop. But the local streets around the hotel are also very quaint and have lots to see. don't miss the St. Peter in Chains Church, which is right down the street from the hotel, with Michelangelo's Moses statue in it. The Staff was extremely helpful. We wanted to make reservations at a restaurant someone recommended to us and they called all day long to try and get hold of them (never did find the restaurant). Then, without finding it, they made a reservation for us at a restaurant they recommended. Clean, comfortable rooms. I've had a lot smaller rooms in Europe. We had a great view of the crowds in the street during New Year's Eve.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scott L

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We walked from Termini train station to this hotel with our luggage. We did use a taxi to go back but it is right at the top of Via Cavour. The Coloseum is about 2 blocks away and the Roman Forum and Victor Emmanuel Monument all within a few minutes walk. Also the bus stops for local bus and hop-on hop-off bus. We took a taxi to St. Peter's Basillica for about 5 euro also took a bus for 1:50 euro each. Also walked from Trevi Fountain. Lots of restaurants in this area too. We would definately go back to this Hotel. Breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank slicricky
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner and I have stayed in many hotels around the world and been perfectly satisfied in all. We stayed in Hotel Labelle for two nights and had a very unpleasant experience.

Rome is extremely hot in August. The air conditioning in our room was broken.

Without going into the whole (bad) experience, the basic problem is this hotel - or certainly the room we had - has not been maintained or invested in and so is run down (air conditioning, shower, fittings etc).

When we raised any issues with the management, they aggressively blamed us for causing these issues. Any promises to fix issues were not followed up on.

We found the manager very erratic, rude and - at times - a blatant liar.

We would not recommend this place - the only advantage is the central location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin I
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The location is great and the staff is friendly. This isnt the cleanest place I stayed by by far. Found a big toe nail in on the bathroom floor n the walls need to be washed or painted. The window are sound proof so u don't hear any of the traffic in the road. To bad the doors aren't and you can hear ppl coming and going all day and night. The ac starts dipping when it's on to long so u have to watch where u put ur stuff as the staff say this is normal.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 20, 2012

For what I paid, I was really pleased with this Hotel. The location is fantastic, within sight of the Forum and a short walk to the Metro at the Colloseum. I liked the style of the hotel, it felt authentic. It's tucked away on the 3rd floor of a traditional building with an old fashioned lift. We had a car and had no idea where to park, the manager was so helpful; she came down to the street, helped me to get my young children into the lift and then went off in the car with my husband to help him park for free, where he wouldn't get towed away. At night we had a great meal in one of the restaurants outside the hotel and then walked around the area, looking at the forum and colloseum. Because it is on a wide road and so near to the Forum, I felt safe walking around on my own at night. There was street noise but it wasn't too bad. I expect small, expensive rooms when staying in cities but our two rooms were larger than standard hotel rooms and a good price for Rome. I suggest you look up the property on Google Street View as there is only a small brass plaque beside the door to indicate that the hotel is there. My sons thought this was fabulous as it made it a secret hotel but I think most adults would find it frustrating!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed April 25, 2012

GREAT location: By the Forum, close to the Coliseum. Located third floor of a Roma habitation building, typical and nice setting. Friendly and helpful staff.
But very noisy (bar down the street open late night), not very clean and bare comfort.

We had a four person room (a queen and 2 twins), bedding was fine. The room furniture is minimal. Breakfast in the room, no restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MJLParis
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location, on your doorstep is the entrance to Paletine Hill/ Roman Forum and no less than 5 minutes to Colleseum. The centre is 5/10 minute walk. The rooms were small but clean, and in a fairly quiet location, although the walls are quite thin. I would ask for a room furthest down the hotel as i imagine it would get quite noisy. The hotel isn't luxurious so I wouldn't stay here if you are looking for something a bit extra. But I thought it was fantastic for the price we paid-plus you get a small breakfast that see's you through the morning. The bathrooms were also very clean with a good working shower. The staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012