“Not really a hotel - more like someone's house”
Review of Suite Oriani

Suite Oriani
Ranked #11 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not really a hotel - more like someone's house”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel was close to a metro stop (a couple blocks walk)
it was clean
it was quiet
but one of the workers entered our room in the middle of the day
after the room had been cleaned.
They didn't even knock.
Not happy about that.
Also, no shades on the windows, just really sheer curtains -see through :( .

Room Tip: there are too few rooms to choose from (only 2-3 rooms total in this place)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank school_hunting
ALESCOGNA, Owner at Suite Oriani, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear school_hunting,
thank you for having stayed with us and for posting this review.
Thank you also for highlighting good things of Suite Oriani.
I personally check you in and shown you how the shutter (shade, blind) worked on the window of your room. I was sure you understood it.. I'm sorry if I was not really clear.
About the worker getting in your room. Well, it was not a worker but another Guest making a mistake. It sounds like you left the door of you room open. But the Guest making mistake told me it was a very quick "visit", I mean he came inside, told you "ops.. sorry I made a mistake" and got out, and you were sit on the couch watching Tv.
Again, I personally apologize for what is happened, also the other Guest did, but we talked about it at check-out and everything sounded good.
Last but not least, I would have loved you to mention that even though you reservation was just for a room with no breakfast included, you had every morning of your 5-days-stay, a plentiful breakfast at no extra cost.
Thank you again for having stayed with us and hope you to be our Guest again in the future.

Alessandro
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Suite Oriani is exactly as described. It is a very comfortable guest house in an upmarket residential area of Rome only 5 minutes from the Metro with lots of restaurants close at hand. There is no bar, no restaurant but this makes for a very peaceful stay. Breakfast is charmingly served in your bedroom. The rooms are individual and extremely comfortable & Alessandro, his parents & staff are welcoming hosts. We will certainly go back to Suite Oriani when we next visit Rome.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Suite Oriani is a lovely B&B-- the room was so clean, the bathroom was modern, the breakfast was delicious. They prepared a special breakfast meal for my gluten free dietary needs. The staff and owners are very friendly, helpful, and generous. The bed was very comfortable. Staying there made my business affairs in Rome less stressful. This is where I will stay when I return to Rome in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Italy
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Simply one of the best hotels we've stayed at. In reality it's almost and B&B...wonderful breakfast delivered to your room. Very nice room, wonderfully decorated and clean. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Only real drawback is the location...about 8-10 minute walk to the metro station. Will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ALESCOGNA, Proprietario at Suite Oriani, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you very much for your nice review :)
We will wait for you to come back at the Suite Oriani!
All the best,

Alessandro Scognamiglio
Owner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to a meeting that I had to attend. The room was large and comfortable, the staff was friendly and it was in a very quiet area. Although it is quite far from tourist attractions, the staff did a great job outlining where everything was and how to get there and even had some excellent restaurant recommendations for the area. The biggest drawback is the location, but everything else, including breakfast that is brought to your room, was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This place is an absolute gem. We were attending a conference at the nearby auditorium and this place was well-placed, reasonably priced and highly-rated by guests. We booked 4 rooms and were absolutely delighted- and the envy of all our colleagues who paid much more for poorer quality accommodation.
The area is a wonderful upscale neighbourhood- out of the centre which is a plus but well-served by public transport- we left the centre at midnight one evening and were at Oriani 20 minutes later (taxi fare about 12 euros). The rooms are slightly different in size- mine was on the ground floor and enormous with a little veranda, high ceiling, walk-in wardrobe and tastefully-furnished throughout. Breakfast is served in your room between 8 and 10 although they can manage slightly earlier or later if you need it. As we were a group we'd have preferred to eat together but there was no communal place to have breakfast. No big deal though and breakfast in your room particularly if a couple is a wonderful treat.
Bruno, Alessandro and Vittoria are totally charming and extermely helpful. Our booked taxi to take us back to the airport let us down and Bruno drove us in his own car- it was more expensive than we would have paid but we really felt rescued and extermely grateful.
I have been to Rome several times and have enjoyed almost every place I've stayed- but this place really is the best- I won't look for anywhere else (particularly if I can get the room I had this time!)

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel not through an agent!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank KP58
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 2, 2011

All in all I very much enjoyed the stay. The convenience of having a limo driver meet us at the airport (and then take us back) was a great relief after a long plane trip from San Francisco. The location is very nicely situated away from the center of Rome but within an easy metro ride into the city. My husband and I were in Rome for the Italian Open and found that we could walk a rather easy 45 minute walk to the Foro Italico. Good exercise before and after a lot of tennis watching!

I especially enjoyed being in a real Roman neighborhood. When we went to local restaurants, we were the only non-Italians usually. The neighborhood restauarants were very good (esp. Duke's).

Vittoria is a gem. She took care of all our breakfasts and logistical needs...I agree with other reviewers: she is special and makes the place all the more worth staying at!

The room was clean and suitable. As so often is the case in Italy, we could smell cigarette smoke wafting up through the window. As non-smokers this was troubling, but it's hard to avoid this in Rome. The floors are wood and noise travels readily. When other guests are polite and respectful, there is little problem, but this is not always the case. When we arrived, exhausted from our travels, we encountered other guests who were very loud with their t.v. and conversation. We used our sound machine to drown out the noise, but unfortunately, we were also too loud and were politely advised the next day not to use it again....There were subsequent outbursts of noise from other guests, but with ear plugs, one can generally block out the noise.

And finally, the free Wi-fi was very convenient!

All in all I recommend Suite Oriani.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple