“Terrible service”

and 1 more site!
Brando & Gio
Ranked #945 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My partner I I booked this hotel 9 months in advance for our stay of 1 night. Three months after the booking was made, we received an email advising our booking was cancelled and no explanation provided. We immediately sent an email asking why, and a response was received some days later advising a mistake was made with our name and the booking was cancelled by accident. We were then advised if we wished to rebook, the room would now be double the cost, after the hotel made the mistake and cancelled our booking! Needless to say, we did not re-book the room.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Young C
There are newer reviews for Brando & Gio

Reviewed December 1, 2011

The room was clean and tidy with the added bonus of an in room safe. Bathroom was tiny, but clean and sufficient. I would definitely recommend this for the budget conscious traveller. Good location close to the train station.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Plenty of space with a comfy queen bed for me and a single for my travelling partner. Clean and air conditioned room, which was great as it was VERY hot! It looked like our room may have been recently refurbished. A tiny lift (that worked well). Ideally situated near Termini and walkable to some tourist spots. Good restaurants and bars nearby. Street not so noisy as others.

Room Tip: We (2 women) had a queen bed and a single in a large room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of my time in Italy. It is located close to Roma Termini station which is great for travelling beyond Rome but it is a fair walking distance to all the other tourist sights.

When I arrived the first time I was lead to a room which already had someone elses bag in it. It seemed they weren't sure where I should be. I ended up in a double room, near reception which was quite ok if not a little noisy at times. The beds were very hard but I found this to be common throughout Italy. The second visit I was in a single room which was very small but was quiet with a bathroom adequate for my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from reception and the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I really liked this hotel, very friendly staff and generally very clean. Didn't change the towels during our whole stay, but otherwise the room was cleaned reasonably well and bed made.
Had air con in the room but the bathroom was rather small. Shower was a a bit weak.
Breakfast was included and taken at a cafe further down the block, but was nothing to write home about and was just a coffee each and croissant.
Price may not have been best value for money but it was overall and fine experience here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The hotel is a quick 10 minute walk from the train station. The room was a good size, the bathroom was a little small and the air conditioning was really good. The beds were awful, so hard it was impossible to get much sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Very much a "budget-hotel" in a backstreet, so it wasn´t so nice to be heading home much to late, but besides that very close by to the central station and good restaurant and a good supermarket (condeti). The room was ok, but in the bathroom we found some muld :-( and the staff wasn´t so good at english, but they tryed to help us with directions when we asked on the map. The hotel was ok, but that´s it. The room was kind of small.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends