Brando & Gio
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$181
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$148
$69
  • Free Internet
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$534
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, prior to starting an Intrepid Trip. We joined the Intrepid group at this Hotel. It is within walking distance of Termini. Te room size was adequate and it was clean. However the shower did not have hot water - the only way we could have a shower was freezing cold. It was not fixed in the time we were there. Others in the tour group had same problem in their rooms. After 3 days we had to ask for our towels to be changed and bathroom to be cleaned, otherwise we would not have had clean towels offered in 4 days. The gentleman at Reception was rude and barely acknowledged us on arrival, and checkin. His manner did not change the whole time we were there. There was another man on reception at times who was much more pleasant. No Wifi or internet. Lift access to the hotel on 3rd floor. If you don't mind being in Rome in 40degree heat and not being able to have a shower - this may be the hotel for you, otherwise go else where.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed 4 night at the hotel. The location is perfect, just some minutes from Termini station (I came from the airport). The room was really comfortable and very good furnished, with WORKING air-conditioning. The room was very loud because of the street but if you close the windows you can't hear anything from outside.
Staff is helpful and they are nice people. If you smile on them, they smile back. I had problems with the plug (in my country the electricity system is other), but the girl at the reception gave me an adapter.
The only negative: my room was not clean enough. I mean on the mirror were dirty spots and I also found some long hair.

All in all, the hotel is worth for another stay at Rome.

L.V.
Hungary

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Arrived in Rome after a hell 24 flight. So wasn't in the right frame of mind when we walked into the hotel. The antiquated lift at first scared me but became my best friend! The hotel staff were a family it seemed and seemed a bit bemused by two tired kiwis wanting a room. We were a bit early so had a coffee and came back. I was pleasantly surprised. Wooden shutter windows looking into a italian courtyard, nice clean rooms. Stayed there for 4 nights so got the hang of the metro. I would recommed this Hotel. Its not 5 star,but it fitted well with us. During our stay in europe we stayed in over a dozen hotels and this one was fine compared to some!

Room Tip: Ask for the room looking into the courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buck8444
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed there for a 7 nights and was very satisfied.
The staff was friendly.The room in which we stayed was very nice, clean and comfortable.
The location is perfect.
The only problem that can occur is the noise from the street below - but with wrking AC it is OK.
Overall the hotel is perfect when you are looking for cheap and comfortable hotel with very good location

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank calipsomn
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This small hotel is very much aimed at the budget market.I went basic without breakfast.It was a five minuet walk from the rail station,and was located on the third floor of a large building.There is a lift so no problem.The staff speak English,and were friendly enough.There was one shower,but for some reason nobody seemed to use it.Maybe some rooms have their own?t they have free wi fi, but they were having problems with it while I was there.,..The room was clean,and I was surprised to find a safe in the room.There is also A TV.The location is great.In fact I walked everywhere without needing public transport,even to the Vatican.But I know not everyone wants to walk a lot,but there are plenty of buses running from the rail station Plenty of places to eat nearby,and a small supermarket at the end of the street.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo