“Nice place”
Review of Hotel Saturnia

Hotel Saturnia
Ranked #626 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Quite nice and price is reasonable. I booked it in a rush and did not realize it was shared bathroom until I got there. About 6-8 mins walk from Termini and 10 mins to Colosseo. The next day the hotel upgraded me to a room with bathroom.
Breakfast is typical Continental. Not great taste for me from China but I know "eat as the Romans when you are in Rome". To be frank, the breakfast is quite nice to a budget hotel like this one. At least better than the one I stayed in Paris two years ago.
BTW, Hotel Saturnia is much better than Hotel Silla where I stayed one week later after coming back from Athens. Hotel Silla is not recommended.

Room Tip: Not bad a choice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeff Q
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saturnia

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have just returned from Rome having booked an attractively-priced package holiday with Expedia which included five nights in Hotel Saturnia. Any qualms that I should have booked a three-star l were quickly dispelled. The room was clean and tidy; it overlooked a quiet street which was ideally situated for reaching the main sites and Termini. Breakfast, which was included and served between 7-10.30am, was more than adequate. Above ll it was the staff's welcoming, friendly and accommodating presence which made our stay such a memorable pleasure....not least their unceasing patience and good humour whenever I tried out my faltering italian on them. Multi gracie!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brigittebardot
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Saturnian at the end of December and loved it. The staff is warm and welcoming and the hotel is very conveniently located. After reading so many Trip Advisor reviews we chose one of the fourth floor rooms with the shared terrace. The view is lovely but as the week wore on I started to dread that last spiral staircase! The fresh air, sunshine, and bistro table made it worth the hike.

Tziano, Alenjandro, and Alberto are all wonderful (and quite handsome). When chatting with Roman friends on our second night there we said, "We went to dinner and then went home." They laughed at the concept of calling our hotel "home" but it really feels like a peaceful homey haven in a sometimes chaotic city.

The neighborhood has some great places: definitely make time to see Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica! Second only to St. Peter's in ornate beauty. We loved Mela D'Oro for lunch and dinner and returned several times. The tiny store Namaste is nearby; we found beautiful scarves, bracelets, necklaces, and rings as gifts for friends.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location was excellent, a short walk from Termini, the colesseum, and forum. The staff was friendly and breakfast was very good.

Only minor issues: We stayed on the fourth floor, which was quite a trek with no lift. Also, while it was nice to have free wi-fi, the connection was sketchy, at best. The beds were not comfortable in the least.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Blake D
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our room overlooked a lovely walled garden; and we enjoyed breakfasts in their breakfast room every morning. But it is the staff that makes this place great! Alejandro always seemed delighted when we returned and let me use my paltry Italian as I wanted. When we were considering moving to a lower floor the manager, Tiziano, would not hear of it ("What?! In that little room?!")

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Penny Y
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Saturnia for 3 nights. Hotel is located very near to Roma Termini with few meters of walk from Colosseum. Cleanliness in rooms was ok, only wash basin of my room had some blockage, but was manageable. Hotel staff, specially Alberto was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good, and I will recommend this to others as a budget hotel.

Room Tip: Select spacious rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nitin s
Reviewed December 30, 2012

For us older folks an elevator is a must. No such luck here. What was worse, we got booked in the penthouse - two rooms accessible by a NARROW winding staircase. When we made our concerns known to the staff, they were very obliging and helpful. They carried our stuff up (there was no other way, we would have had to leave). The next morning they moved us to the very bottom floor (no other rooms). It had no windows, no internt access and it was cold and noisy. We moved that evening (about 7:00 pm) to another hotel around the corner. We were charged full price for the room.... they said they were totally booked and we checked out too late. Live and learn.

Room Tip: Nice if you are young and fit...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family