“Excellent service,attractive pricing”
Review of Hotel Saturnia

Hotel Saturnia
Ranked #631 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The first thing was the fantastic deal on the hotel website,
I must say that the hotel far exceeded our expectations. The room was little small, but cozy. The beds were very comfortable, and the entire place was very clean.
Breakfast was consistently good with an assortment of bread, pastries, yogurt, coffees/teas, hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, juices. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Twice we had to get up early to meet a tour bus and breakfast was made available to us in advance.
I cannot emphasize how pleased we were with this hotel. The fact it was off a side street near Via Cavour was awesome.
We had the quietness of that street and the convenience of being right next to a major avenue without all the noise.
Walking to the train station was just under 10 minutes.. This place is very close to the major sites: Coliseum, Roman Forum, Vittorio Emanuel II monument, etc.
Thanks all the staff Ruslam,Mikela,Alina
If we ever come back to Rome, we will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elisalan

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I must admit I usually dont'leave any reviews, but my stay at Hotel Saturnia changed my mind about it.......everything about the hotel made my stay in Rome so much better.
To begin with the location:it's excellent located near the Termini train station, so when you arrive, you've just got a short walk to your hotel, 5 minutes.This way you can get rid of your suitcase and your other packings very soon and check out the wonders that the great city of Roma has to offer you!
Second: the staff of this hotel is SUPERB!Most kindly and always ready to help you with anything you need.
The staff of this hotel sets an excellent examplee of how any staff in any hotel should be!!
I've travelled to Roma by myself, however I've never felt alone in my holiday of a week.
I think it's one of the best places to stay during a holiday to Roma.
Nothing but goog things about this hotel, keep in mind that it is a 2 star rated hotel, so the rooms are this class...however the location, the staff and the entourage are more rthan a 5 stars!
They're amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Taylor C
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked 4 nights here, in a single room with shared bath, on arrival I was informed of a double booking and my first night would be at a near by hotel. A short walk later I arrived at the second hotel very near the Basilica (can not remember name of hotel, but would give it 4 out of 5), as it was a double with attached shower room I was happy enough.

So into the Saturnia, first of all the good points, it is very near the Termini, I would say when you know where you are going 5 mins, 10 mins to the Colosseum and Roman Forum, and I walked to St Peter's in about 40 min. Secondly the staff are first class, very helpful and cheerful so thumbs up to them. The not so good points were the room and shared bathroom. The room itself (210) was clean, maid in every day, but looked rather shabby, the bathroom, 1 loo and shower, was shared between 5 rooms, so there was times when it was in use etc (but I knew it was shared facilities.

Overall its ok for the price; if your there to see Rome and your out of your room most of the day as I was, then fair enough, but, if your planning a romantic trip away, guys splash a bit more cash and upgrade.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dougie O
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was great, especially for the price. 10 minute walk from train station with our carryons- nice reception by the manager who quickly laid out a map for the day's travel. Our room was on the top floor- we knew there was no elevator, so it wasn't a surprise to lug the suitcases up- (the last flight is a metal circular staircase- so it was tight). You don't run up and down to the lobby very often. The room was very nice- large with a balcony, private bath. TV has about 100 channels, none of which are in English, but then...this IS Italy.
We loved the breakfast- the pastries are some of the best I've ever had. A coffee machine was ever ready for cappacinos and the conversation was plentiful and pleasant. Cereals and other breads and meats- really nothing more I could want.
The men who run the place are very helpful and pleasant; really a joy to talk with. They always have time to help.

Room Tip: Room 402 or 404 is on the top and share a nice balcony with private bath. But, you will have to cli...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Chosen from the internet for proximity to Termini (only 4 blocks) and the price. Its also a short walk from Metro stop Cavour. Its close to the Colosseum and Paletine Hill. Plenty of little restaurants around. Staff were helpful and courteous and their breakfast is very good with staff providing fresh made cappucinos. We stayed 4 nights early October and 2 more before we left Italy late October. The first room was on the 3rd floor and had aircon and shared bathroom ...no lift but we expected that. The second room was on 2nd floor and had a shower and bidet...but no toilet ....no aircon but a good fan. The shower was one of those where you could just get inside and thats about it. The rooms are probably in need of a spruce up but its Ok for a budget choice close to the station.You can actually feel a small rumble as the metro trains pass under the hotel. Would we stay again.....maybe... but would research Trip Advisor first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on via Ruinaglia. Rooms on via Cavour - a main road - are noisier.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My trip-planning on a recent trip to Italy was not terribly well-informed, but I was quite happy with this hotel. If you end up staying near the train station, which would not be odd given the sheer number of hotels around it, this hotel is definitely in the best location relative to the station. It's still touristy, but the street around the corner from the hotel, Via Urbana, has all local-serving businesses and feels very neighborhoody. Cross Via Cavour -- the hotel is between Via Cavour and Via Urbana -- and go up the hill and you are in another seemingly ordinary Roman neighborhood. Though I put many miles on my feet and walked everywhere, the hotel is between 2 subway stations, so it's very convenient on public transit.

My room was simple but very clean, and I had wifi in my room, which was not always the case with other hotels I stayed at (at several other places it was only accessible in the lobby or common area). I had a single room with a shared bath, and the bathroom was clean and not very well-used while I was there. Breakfast was good -- everywhere I stayed on my trip had pretty similar breakfast fare -- and staff were quite friendly. The one negative that I would note is that my room was very loud. Via Cavour is very busy, and my window was right on the corner of it. I live in NYC so it did not bother me much, but if you are used to quiet, the traffic noise, which was 24/7, could be unpleasant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at Hotel Saturnia. We were on the 3rd floor and judging from other reviews we were pretty lucky not to have lugged our luggage up 3 flights of stairs, because we arrived early our room wasn't ready so they stored our luggage at reception and brought it up for us! The room was a good size, we did not have the problem of lack of floor space like what other readers were describing. There was air con is our room as well
But the room did look old and tired.
Bathroom: we chose the shared bathroom option which wasn't so bad, but I must say it wasn't cleaned very well, there was no bath mats so floor was wet after anyone had a shower. I personally would not stay here again however depending on budget this might actually one of the better hotels around Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012