“Great value/location/but make sure you confirm your reservation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Saturnia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Saturnia
Ranked #611 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“Great value/location/but make sure you confirm your reservation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am an over planner so I reached out to the hotel prior to my stay to confirm I would have an A/C and bathroom and that’s when they told me those are extras and I had only ordered a basic room…glad I asked. I then requested a room with a view, private bathroom and A/C and one bed. Everything was confirmed by the hotel. When I arrived to the hotel (after hours of travel) I was told my room isn’t available till the next day and that for the first night we would have a different room (the room still had a private bathroom but only had one single bed and second single was brought in making the room literally the size of the two beds). Reading other reviews it appears over booking happens often. This would not have upset me if I didn’t go out of my way to confirm my reservations and because my first night was the only day I would be spending time in the hotel and I really needed a decent night’s sleep. When we were finally moved into one of the rooms on the 4th floor (with a private balcony) I was impressed but unfortunately I didn’t spend much time in the room because we were out sightseeing the whole time.

All in all, the hotel is what you pay for. For the price I don’t think you can get a better deal anywhere else in Rome, and I was happy with my stay. The location is ideal to see all of the sights; we walked to the Vatican and other sights without any problems. The wifi worked well. The breakfast was basic and the coffee was strong, no complaints here. The hotel staff was very friendly from the front desk to those working during breakfast. The hotel itself is clean and inviting.

Room recommendations: if you want the best room in the house, the rooms on the 4th floor are it but you need to climb the stairs to get there (for some that could be an issue). If you need an A/C, one or two beds, or private bathroom etc.-make sure you confirm this with the hotel (as it maybe be an extra fee).

My one regret about my stay is asking the front desk where to eat my last night. They recommended Trattoria Nuova Stella (AVOID this place) and it was the worst meal/service I had in Italy. Instead try Non C’e Trippa Pe Gatti or Grazie a Dio e Venerdi which are down the street, or one of the many different restaurants in the area. There are also two super markets and a pharmacy in the area if you need to get water, food, medicine etc.

Room Tip: Room recommendations: if you want the best room in the house, the rooms on the 4th floor are it but...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mosta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Loved this little hotel and stayed for 5 days last July. It was cosy and we could hardly move, the room was so small. However, the staff was so welcoming and friendly that they made up for the lack of space. Also the bed which occupied practically the whole room was comfortable and during siesta time I managed to do a lot of reading which I look forward to during vacation. The location within walking distance from the train station is excellent and the proximity of Via Cavour and Santa Maria Maggiore met our needs in deed. From here we could walk anywhere and we enjoyed the neat back streets of Rome. We have visited Rome on many occasions but this time because of this tiny hotel we enjoyed it more than staying in a five star hotel. It was safe, welcoming and satisfied our needs at the right time. The breakfast was good and the staff courteous. A plus was that there was a newly opened laundry mat less than a block away and since we travel light it proved to be extremely handy. We would go again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

No problems convenient location. No elevator but this is common in many European older buildings. Staff was friendly, professional and extremely handsome :-) breakfast was simple quick and easy. I would stay here again if on a budget and looking for clean and convenient....and it's next to restaurant with excellent pastas!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank AMK323
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

PROS:
+ Great location, at a walking distance from Termini station (though luggage can make it tough), and even walking distance from the Colloseum. Lots of pizzerias and Gelato stores on the way.
+ Some very helpful and nice staff.
+ Nice decoration.
+ Free WiFi, strong signal in the room.
+ Nice breakfast, very pretty breakfast room.
+ Private bathroom
CONS:
- No elevator.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mecartistronico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

If you like efficient and value this is the hotel.Friendly staffs going way out to help
You with your need.Close to major attraction, restaurants.Train station to others Italy and major city is about 5 min walking distance, spanish steps, colosium,shopping,etc....restaurants is plentiful in the surrounding areas.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Golfboyyk
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The location is great, within walking distance of Termini and ancient Rome. The service was fantastic, with a receptionist available 24/7. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful.

I stayed in a triple room with two good friends, and the room consisted of three twin beds pushed together to form one giant bed. This was okay, but we only had between one and two feet on each side of the bed to walk around.

The bathroom was a different story. We are all small to average sized girls and the shower was so small we had to keep the curtain open to maneuver. In addition, the fabric shower curtain was stained and gross. The bathroom also had a sewer smell.

The breakfast was satisfactory, offering breads, hard-boiled eggs, coffee, cereal and juice.

I would recommend this place if you are just looking for a convenient place to stay and do not intend to spend much time in the room. Also, I would only recommend this place if you are okay with the room being semi-clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Didn't have any info on this place prior to arrival, but was quite pleased. Room was clean, quiet and small, which was just great, considering I wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in my room.
Service here was second-to-none, with a lot of great recommendations from the lovely Alejandro.
Very conveniently located by the train station - very walkable, even with suitcases.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you're not a light packer, ensure you get a lower floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo