“Great!!”
Review of Hotel Saturnia

Hotel Saturnia
Ranked #631 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Didn't have any info on this place prior to arrival, but was quite pleased. Room was clean, quiet and small, which was just great, considering I wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in my room.
Service here was second-to-none, with a lot of great recommendations from the lovely Alejandro.
Very conveniently located by the train station - very walkable, even with suitcases.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you're not a light packer, ensure you get a lower floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Travel-Paloozarama

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is not a top notch hotel but you definitely get what you pay for here. It is very close to Centro Storico with Colosseum and Forum Romanum and also importantly to metro stations (Cavour and Termini) and the termini central station. The latter made it very convenient for us to take the train, Leonardo Express which is direct route from Fiumicino airport to termini for 14 EUROS/person. Our room was tiny but clean. When I say tiny I do mean tiny, when were were at the hotel we would lie on the bed because there was barely any room around it and the bathroom was for one person only. However with that being said we would come back again, although maybe pay a little more for a larger room because it did get a little tight at times with all the luggage stored underneath the bed. Because having it elsewhere would make it impossible to move around or open doors. Generally the staff was friendly and helpful. Only one time did we experience that a guy at the front desk was too busy talking about drinks or what not with a woman that I felt I had to interrupt to get the room key and ask for checkout time. Arriving at 9 pm with a tired 2-year old boy we did take our time to let him finish up.
But again...we would come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trucci
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Hotel Saturnia was very centrally located.
The staff, especially Tiziano were always helpful, could not do enough for their guests and always went above and beyond, no matter what the request.
Even though there was an automatic coffee machine in the breakfast room, each morning we were offered espresso from the machine behind the bar.
Tiziano was like a personal travel advisor. Every morning he would take the time to mark the sights on a map, tell us how to get there, and what to do on the way.
When I fell ill, the staff found a local doctor that didn't charge 'tourist' rates and ensured our trip was not disrupted.
The hotel is small but exceptionally well maintained.
Excellent value in what is normally a very expensive city.
Very highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

For the price you are paying, you are truly getting an amazing deal from this place. The complementary breakfast offers a great selection of carefully prepared foods. The location is a 10 minute walk from the Colosseum and a 5 minute walk from the Main Termini. But what really makes this place special is the service. Everyone is so understanding and accommodating. Definitely worth the stay. Oh and remember to say hello to Makayla!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a 2 person room with air conditioning. The 3 person rooms do not have air conditio...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My fiance and I just stayed at this hotel for 5 days. It was a wonderful experience. The room we stayed in was super clean and the staff was very friendly. I found them all to be very helpful. It is a very good location as you are close to the train station and are within walking distance of many of Romes main attractions. The attractive pricing was also another bonus. We felt very safe staying there. We stayed on the top floor and the staff carried our bags up for us. I will certainly recommend this place to anyone who asks. The day manager is extremely helpful and friendly. Also the lovely woman who serves in the breakfast area. There was a lot to pick from in the breakfast area compared to other places in which I stayed in my few weeks in Italy. I found our room to be very quiet. We did however go with the private room with our own bathroom as opposed to the shared lodgings. The place seemed to be full and very busy. All other customers I saw seemed very happy as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ginny K
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed a weekend at the Saturnia Hotel, where we were treated as we were very good friends by the hosts Michaela and Renato...a place to feel like home! The 2 rooms we had on the top floor had all conveniences and as a very pleasant extra: A private rooftop terrace where we enjoyed the view while drinking a good glass of wine. Good breakfast with excellent coffee...and just a short 15 minutes walk to the Colosseum. Nice restaurants and ice-creamparlour just around the corner. We would definately come back here again if we want to visit Rome!
Renatus Altena and family!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Renatus A
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed in Saturnia hotel for 4 nights in Rome. The hotel is small, clean and a little noisy in the night but it in the center with suitable price. The staff helped me lots during my trips and thanks you all. The breakfast was basic and don't forget to have a cup of capuchino in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo