“very helpful great location”

Le Suite di Via Ottaviano
Ranked #665 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Close to major sightseeing and very good service. For the money, one cannot expect a 5 star room. All is OK! But old, but clean and working.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After receiving a confirmation number from Hotels.com (Venere/Expedia affiliate) we traveled from the Amalfi Coast to Rome via our car rental with GPS. The GPS and we had a very difficult time locating the hotel as well as the street it was located on! The dark of night and the rain that eve didn't help matters. Once we found the hotel the clerk let me examine the room. I felt this was important since I had booked prior to reading revues which included a few nasty ones! The room was small but acceptable since we were only staying the night to view Vatican City the next day. The clerk graciously volunteered to help get the luggage from our car. Once we returned to the building's elevator that takes you up to the floor the hotel is housed on, another guest showed up with confirmation in hand. The clerk seemed confused and asked us both to wait at the elevator while he went upstairs to check records. Apparently, while upstairs he had phoned the owner who mysteriously appeared at the elevator explaining to me our confirmation had been cancelled by Hotels.com due to credit card validity! Interesting enough we were never informed of any inconsistency and in fact had a confirmation number from Hotels.com!!! We had no trouble anywhere in Italy either before or after this incident with using our Visa for thousands of dollars worth of purchases! I suspect the room (our room) was given to this other couple because they were staying 3 nights (vs. our one night).

The owner then proceeds to tell us that he has another newer hotel around the corner that is nicer and that he will honor the same price at that location. I was reluctant to go check it out after what I had read in a previous revue where the lady detected mice and had an attempted purse snatch when her husband went to check the second hotel! With hesitation, I did go check it out at the owner insistance that there would be "no obligation" in broken English. A clerk from the second hotel came and escorted us and our bags around the corner to his location. Up another elevator again to view another hotel room. Once there I decided to pull back the covers to examine the bed. Upon doing so I found 2 long strands (about 9" long) of hair on the pillow and sheets in just the one corner I looked at!! Needless to say, we moved on! We were very fortunate to find a fantastic boutique hotel just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: View room and linens before check in!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable bedroom in an apartment in a private block with lift access to the fourth floor. We were made very welcome although we arrived early. Ideal location especially for the Vatican area. Breakfast brought to our room each day, orange juice, croissants, bread, jams, cold meat, cheese and yoghurt and of course a hot drink.
We can recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank douglas m
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We arrived early in Rome and drove to the hotel to see if our room was ready or if we could at least leave our luggage with them. It took us over an hour circling the same block over and over trying to find it since there was no signage that the hotel even existed. We ended up parking the car and literally walked the entire street and asked local businesses trying to find it. Finally we found a tiny intercom box with the name of the hotel on it. We pressed the intercom button for the hotel and then waited about 15 minutes for the receptionist to let us in. When he finally came down, he informed us we were staying in another building down the street. He offered to show us the room - parking was not available as advertised at the hotel. When we asked the receptionist, he said there was a parking garage down the street we could use if we chose (in a really sketchy part of the street with many unsavory characters hanging out in the front) or we could park on the street ( which we were told is known for many car break ins). We then walked into the building surrounded by tons of graffiti, swastikas, and very shady men selling knock off purses that followed us to the door (extremely unsettling to say the least). Upon entering the building we were greeted with an instant smell of mold, urine, and mice scurrying across the floor. Then we took an extremely rickety elevator ( that had graffiti on it ) which sputtered and struggled to reach our floor. We arrived to our door after stepping over an air vent that had fallen off the wall, the receptionist unlocked it, and the first thing we saw was an open closet to the left filled to the brim with tons of odd and ends, cleaning supplies, and a skateboard that fell out as we walked in. I noticed after we walked into the room (which I thought was our room), there were 4 other doors and a tiny dilapidated desk with office supplies, a telephone, and a Rolodex. He took us to the end of the room, past the tiny desk, and unlocked another door which was now our room. Again, the smell was unbearable. I'm not a princess by any stretch of the imagination, but the linens looked they had been washed so much over the years that they were covered in pill type lint and hadn't been new since the 70's. At this point, I was in tears. Not only was this hotel in deplorable condition, smelt horrible, had mice, we were supposed to stay in a room section with 4 other 'guest' rooms, and if I had to guess, the hotel's storage area. The receptionist saw our concern immediately and wanted to take us to see a room in the other building which my husband went in to look at , I was honestly afraid to. While my husband and the receptionist were looking at the other room, I sat outside looking for a store to buy an international cell phone. While searching for a store on the same street as the hotel, a man ran up behind me and grabbed my purse, which was strapped around my neck. Thankfully a local store owner helped me and nothing was stolen. My husband finally emerged from the building, saw me in tears, and I told him what happened. Well, that was the final straw and we were not staying there. We told the reception to cancel the booking and we left in search of another hotel in a safer neighborhood. This being our first experience in a new country, I was ready to head back to the airport and go home. Thankfully, we were to locate a reputable hotel about 10 minutes away that had availability.

Do yourself a favor and book a hotel. This place is a horror movie!

Room Tip: Go stay near Via Veneto... Neighborhood is sketchy!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple