“Hotel Golden - Great find!”
Review of Hotel Golden

Hotel Golden
Ranked #18 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Golden for 2 nights. The room was large and very clean. The decor was charming and the family that owns this hotel is very attentive. Not only is this hotel in a great location, but we felt very safe in this area as well as in the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here as a family for 3 nights in June. Giuseppe and Marco gave us very good tips about what to do during our stay and especially where to eat! The hotel was clean and our family room was ample space even with a teenager. What impressed us most was how welcoming and friendly the family were. We would stay again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harriet H
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Golden for 6 nights in May, and I returned alone after some solo traveling at the beginning of June, for 2 nights. This is a remarkable place, run by the nicest family I met on my travels. Every time I walked in the door, I was welcomed warmly, and after my solo travels for 2 weeks, I was greeted with "welcome home," and that is exactly how it felt. The breakfast was delicious every morning, and most importantly, the room was quiet every night; which was not my experience in other cities. I received excellent directions and suggestions of sites I might not have visited otherwise. I hope to stay here again. What a delightful experience - my favorite place to stay in 5 weeks of travel!

Room Tip: We started with a double room, I moved to a single room when I started my travels, and after returni...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenheather3
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife, myself and a friend stayed here in late May. We had booked on line and had a double and a single room. Both rooms were very good, welll appointed. clean and comfortable..

The general feel of this small, family run hotel is warm and friendly. We were given good advice about our stay and they recommended restaurants that were close to the hotel, these lived up to expectations and saved us time and trouble finding somewhere on a "pot luck" basis (especially valuable when arriving in a new City after tiring travel).

The only slight qualification is that the beakfast area is rather cramped, but this didn't detract and is a minor detail.

Overall an excellent stay in a small, well run, friendly hotel which is conveniently located. To be highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AggiBri
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in May.

Giuseppe and Marco were amazing. They helped us with direction around the city, and even helped us with reservations at restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was an excellent start to the day, fresh fruits, pastries and coffee.

The hotel is located close to the Borghese Gardens, the Spanish steps,Trevi Fountain and metro were all within walkable distance.

This hotel had the best service of all the hotels we stayed in Italy.

Most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globetravels123
Reviewed June 4, 2012

While I was only in Rome on a very short trip, I really appreciated the service and warmth of this lovely hotel. The location was perfect and in a nice quiet location. The room was spacious with all the amenities needed. The breakfast was delicious with a good selection of choices. Most importantly was the personal service in terms of suggestions of places to go, directions and walking routes which were so helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lhgreenacres
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Staff were pleasant and room was clean. Transportation was nearby within a two block walk. This area is in the more upscale part of Rome with plenty of restaurants.
Breakfast included cereal, eggs pastries, bread and what appeared to be canned fruit.
Walking distance to a wonderful park and zoo.
Staff were helpful and were great booking a taxi to the airport. Retrieved our luggage and walked us down to the taxi and provided all the information to the driver. the family could not be more accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends