“Navona Gallery Suites”

Navona Gallery & Garden Suites
Ranked #22 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in the Bernini Suite. Spaceous and comfortable. Hotel staff , first class.

Locatiion is outstanding, walking distance to many , many historic attractions. Greatr restuarant and other options.

There are newer reviews for Navona Gallery & Garden Suites

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just back from Rome after a surprise trip for my birthday compliments of my husband. He researched and therefore booked the Navona suites as he wanted a place with character,a personal touch, accessible to all the attractions of Rome and a cosy retreat. It met both his and my expectations! it was absolutely wonderful! I find it hard to read the negative comments by a previous reviewer as it was nothing like he wrote (apart from no safe!!!) Also I have stayed at hotels in the US that suppply only greasy doughnuts and burnt coffee kindly known as "continental breakfast".I can only assume that this reviewer had other issues while on holiday! The suites are so full of character, withmagnificent pieces of furniture, Staff were so helpful and friendly and I was given a bottle of wine to celebrate my birthday compliments of the management. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we ever slept in and there was no noise at all considering we were metres from Piazza Novana. I will definitely stay here again on any other visits to Rome and will be happy to recommend it to family and friends.
Thank you to Trianan and rest of staff. Deirdre & Dean

1  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Cannot think of a better location if you want to visit all must places in Rome. The place is a perfectly quiet court yard in the center of everything.

Everything else was fine as well. Room was fine, breakfast was fine, service was fine. We had "Borromini", which is a smaller room and our breakfast was in the kitchen room next to that. Fridge was stocked with breakfast stuff only for us. The only other people using the same kitchen were guests next to us who shared a coffee machine with us. Didn't really understand why they did not have an own coffee machine in their room as they had their own kitchenette. :-)

1  Thank KalleGee
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I were delighted with the "Raffello I" suite and the Navona Garden Suites in general. The Raffaello suite was extremely roomy, with an eat-in kitchenette stocked daily with milk, orange juice, and breakfast meats and cheeses. Abundant fresh fruit on our table, and packaged pastries on the counter. The place was super-quiet and we slept well. Our concierge, Traian, was courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful with whatever questions we had. Location can't be beat - - central to everything and we walked everywhere. The street it's on is lively and interesting as well, but once you step into the entrance of the hotel, it's like a quiet, charming retreat. We regret not being able to spend much time in the lovely courtyard due to rain, but did get a few minutes in on our last day. Stay here and you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Raffaello I Suite was very quiet, spacious and comfortable. Don't know about the others but the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the Bernini Suite for four nights in September 2012.
The suite is very nice in the first floor with great windows and very clean. Only point that is not so good is the baththub, thery is only a little one in the room.
Daily Room Cleaning Service without any complaint. The breakfast service is italian like but ok. We like to take the breakfast close to the open window in our suite.
The staff (in our case Mr. Trajan) is very helpful in any case with good tips for restaurants. We also can recommend the offered Taxi-Service.
The situation of the hotel is perfect for make sighseeing tours in the whole centro storico. No taxi, bus etc. is needed.
On balance we can very recommend a stay in navonna gallery suites, especcially the bernini suite.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at the Navona Garden Suites for a week in May. This is my third time in three years. I would never stay anywhere else in Rome. The street is so active and full of tourists/vendors, but as soon as you close the huge front door, walk through the ancient outdoor hallway to the garden, the city recedes and You Are Home.

I can't say enough about the owner, staff, accommodations and attitude. Loredana was my point of contact and as always she responded quickly. I was lucky that she also was in Rome when I visited and we had a chance for a few conversations. Giampierro and Traian were so kind to help me bring my mobility scooter in/out of the exterior centuries old door. Camelia, the housekeeper is an absolute darling with a huge heart.

I have been in DaVinci 11 twice and it is a lovely room facing the garden. This time, due to the new scooter, the room off the ancient outdoor hallway was more accessible. I was so comfortable with the large room, which also had a little kitchen, safe, two large beds and a standup shower.

There was enough room outside my room and the staff were kind enough to put a table and chairs, for me to sit, read and have a libation.

So looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Navona Gallery Suites in Rome for 4 days this summer - we had a wonderful stay -
the staff was more than kind and helpful - we really received all the info we needed about what to see and where to eat etc - it is situated in the middle of the historical center - max 15 minutes walk from alt the thing you "have" to see.
The rooms are excellent - the building very interesting - and much to our surprise very silent when the front door closes even though you are only 100 meters from Navona Square. The rooms was very nicely decorated with old furniture - very nice (and big) beds - excellent cleaning - nice breakfast - we will definitely stay there again when we are in Rome next. Highly recommendable - We wish Navona Gallery Suites all the best
/Sabrina & Keld, Denmark