The Time Elevator Rome Experience

from $183.60
from $365.20
from $130.10
More Info
All reviews special effects simulator ride rome experience fun experience side street visiting rome roman forum revolution dinosaurs overview romulus
Reviewed 1 week ago

From all my nice experiences in Rome, that was the most (or only) negative. The whole concept is a more or less 25 minutes 5d video experience. However, no matter how much promising 5D techonology level supposed to be, the whole experience was not to remember and even worse, the movement of the chairs that suppose to make it feel real, was terrible causing headaches and backaches, even if I am completely healthy and have no issues.

Also the story of the video about Rome's history was definately not for an adult, making it real boring.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Honestly, I had low expectations, lots about this could go wrong, plus, you're in Rome, why are you here!? But no, that's wrong. The audience for this is a first time visitor to Italy, early in their trip. It will set the scene well, giving you some background on what you are about to experience. It's only 25 minutes, it's not going to go into great detail, but if all you remember of Roman History is from High School this is a great refresher.

For instance, my wife did not know the story of the wolf and twins. She was so enchanted, a Wolf with twins bronze was the highlight of our souvenirs.

The effects are well done, even if limited. You're on a motion platform. The script is a bit cheesy, but honestly who cares, it's fun.

It's a nice break also if it's a hot day. An easy walk from the Pantheon as well and pretty close to many other Roman sites.

We didn't see the other movie.

For the owners of the Time Elevator, well done!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for a family activity that gave us some insight into Rome and the history that was light and immersive.
The concept of taking you back in time to see life and buildings in their glory, is fantastic. The movies themselves were a little dated and corny, but we all enjoyed it and enjoyed taking a break from walking.
If the movies were updated with modern graphics and a slightly better production, this could really be something amazing.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Really poor show a Cinema with seats that jolt you about. The story is poor and the graphics are from the 70s. Don’t waste your money.

1  Thank lovedean154
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We went to Time Elevator today for something different - it's been boiling hot all week so we decided to nip there for a bit of a relief from the sun and to see something different. Upon arrival down a small side street, it shows you images on a TV what to expect - and let's be honest, they looked very dated and a bit cheesy. But we thought, hey it'll be fun!

We did the dinosaur one first (for an additional €2 each) mainly to escape the sun a bit longer! And it was dated and silly, but fun in its own way. The ome experience was just hilarious - I mean, when the history of Rome starts with the story of its founders being raised by a She-Wolf, you know the rest isn't gonna be amazing!! But like I said, it was that naff and silly, it was funny and something different. If you don't mind spending €16 each for a 45-min cheese-fest, then go for it. The acting alone is worth it haha!!

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I came to the Time elevator to get an experience of ancient rome, i mean. We can’t imagine how it looked like 1000years ago.
The time elevator gave us a great insight into the past, and how Rome once was.

I then went to the evolution of life.
This seemed rather outdated. I always wanted to see dinosaurs in full 3D. This dinosaur looked like the plastic ones I used to play with as a kid. The show was short, and was basically a repetition of high school(lasted 15mins or so)

I will still recommend people who consider going there to go. But only to watch the history of Rome.
Gave me a back to the future feeling

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

My 10 years old son is fascinated by dinosaurs. So when we arrived at our hotel "New Morpheus" and saw at the back of the map that there was this 5D show, we made sure to go. The receptionist phoned for us and we were told that we didn't need to book. So the day after we went to see the 2.15pm show. It is walking distance from Via Azzionale where we were staying. It is only 15 minutes long but very educational and exciting. The seats move. The glasses enabled us to see 3D, and I must say that the quality was really good. Sometimes we had spray of water on us and also wind. It was a fanyastic experience and my son was thrilled.

Next we entered another room where we were suggested to see another show about the history of Rome. We took the moving seats but I suggest that for this one you take the fixed seats as with the contrary to the first show, this ones involves lots of unnecessary movements that make you sea sick.....with motion sickness.....also because this is 45 minutes long. But the first show I would recommend that you take the moving seats.

Both shows cost €16 per adult and €15 per child so they are not very expensive.

There is also a small souveneer shop with good prices.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We first watch An ode to life which was an interesting watch in 4d. However the same can not be said for Rome experience, the video for this is very outdated like and old school video and is to brief at times. It only lasted about 25 not 45 minutes as stated. It is definitely more a family attraction with you kids.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

My 2 friends and I who are aged 30, we're really looking forward to "learn about ancient Rome in 3-D at Time Elevator"
This was by far the worst thing i have ever been too.

The stimulating machine is very jolty, unnecessary tbh, movie isnt all what its cracked up to be.

I have a headache from the machine, its stuffy and smelt like indians, if i could get my money back and the memory erased I would!!!!

1 star is way to much and wish there was a 0 star on offer.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

We had seen this place advertised on a map of Rome that our Bed and Breakfast provided. It sounded like something fun to do inside and sitting, after a full day walking in the sun at the Colosseum and surrounding area. This was well worth it! There was a creative, interesting introduction projected on the wall in the hallway, just before going into the theater. The full movement experience for the history of Rome show was not working at the time, but we were given a discount to make up for it. The show was well done and held our attention the entire time. Even my son said that he learned some new things from the show, and this was our 8th day in Rome so we'd heard quite a few facts at the different sites that we had already visited! Rome is a beautiful city, and we really enjoyed seeing all the monuments and the ruins, but with not much for kids to do, this was something that my son especially enjoyed. It was worth every penny, and I would not hesitate to do it again. The staff was also great, and I particularly enjoyed their gift shop. After seeing all the same stuff at gift shops all over the city, this one had some really neat and unique items. We bought a few postcards with then and now scenes (between being open and being closed), and loved the mosaics on display!