“great location”

Ranked #1,050 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
istanbul
“great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed 3 days in this hotel during our erasmus experience. It was very economic, has great location near to the termini station. Open buffet breakfast was nice. Rooms are ok but heating was very bad. We stayed in february but they activated head systems only 2 or 3 hours a day. All the night ıt was closed and we felt very cold. It is not professional.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gzdrs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice hotel very close to Termini station. We arrived very late (at 2 a.m. - our plan was late), however he hotel staff was very friendly and checked us in very quickly. The room is not big, however enough to stay a couple of nights. The room was clean, as well as the bathroom. Windows were to the street, and it was a little noisy in the morning. But it was not a problem.

Room Tip: We had a room with windows to the street - it was a bit noisy in the morning, however better than ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karitena
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here in the middle of August 2012 it is on the 1st and 4th floors of a building two streets away from the main railway station, on arrival we were given two rooms one on the 4th floor which was a twin bedded room it had a double and a single bed in it and my son and daughter used this room I’m glad we gave them this room as there was a group of youngsters in about 3 of the rooms on the same floor, they weren’t very noisy but they were teenagers and like most teen agers they don’t close doors quietly ( my youngest is 18 years old so they were ok on a different floor , but if you have younger children it might be better asking before you go if you want rooms on the same floor.
My self and my wife had room 3 which is right next door to the reception desk and also the dining area (the room back on to the bar area where the staff wash the breakfast dishes) I personally didn’t find it a problem but some people would, our room was not as big as the 4th floor room but it was adequate it had a shower, toilet & bidet. Aircon was an extra 5 Euros per day but being August we needed it.
The breakfast was the typical continental, rolls, jam, croissants, coffee and juice (they also had boiled eggs but they didn’t smell too good after I opened it so I didn’t bother the rest of the days)
The hotel is within easy walking distance of many of the main attractions in Rome and there are plenty of restaurants on the streets around it.
All in all it was a clean and convenient hotel for our 4 day stay the staff were friendly and spoke good English, I would certainly use this hotel again.

One last point the bracket for our shower head was broken so we just held the shower head

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from reception if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tezzam
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Not the best hotel of its kind but it has an excellent location. It has elevator. My booking included breakfast. Nothing extraordinary! For solo travelers, this is the best choice.

----

No es el mejor hotel en su categoría, pero tiene una ubicación excelente. Tiene ascensor. Mi reserva incluía desayuno. Nada extraordinario!
Para viajeros solitarios, esta es la mejor elección.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank IPERHER
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

It was our first time to Rome, and we found the place pretty easily, it's right down the street from Roma Termini Station. The only bad thing was the elevator! We got in and it stopped between floors and would not go anywhere! We had to scream for help and a few minutes later two very nice people pryed the door open and pulled us out! It was a hilarious but terrifying way to start our trip! Great location in the center of Rome. Conciege was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and a good size. Nice breakfast lots of bread. Would stay here again! Just don't use the elevator!!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank crazycaity17
Caxias Do Sul, RS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Best location ever. Within a walking distance from everything you wanna see in the city and just a block from the train/bus station. There are a lot of bars and restaurants downstairs. The hotel itself is not brand-new, but it’s clean and comfortable. The food served at the breakfast is ok for the price, and the staff is excellent. I’d stay there again (it’s a simple hotel, but it’s ok if you don’t wanna spend lots of money in accommodation)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Priscila_Garibaldi
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

I am a 21-year-old frequent traveler on a budget. I have stayed in some crappy hotels/motels/hostels so far, but this was by far my worst experience. I don't consider myself too picky about cleanliness or service. However, I have never had such a bad experience that I felt compelled to write a review on tripadvisor.com to try to save other travelers like me from booking this hotel.

First, the bathrooms were so disgusting my friend and I chose not shower during our stay - which is saying a lot. There was mildew everywhere. The smell was so awful it wafted throughout the whole room. The toilet would not flush, no matter how long you stood there with your finger on the button, which only added to the smell after 2 nights, as you can imagine. I couldn't even comfortably use the sink to wash my face. It was so mildewy I physically gagged when I tried, which was just as well considering there was almost zero water pressure so almost no water came out.

The beds were incredibly small and uncomfortable. I had to use my blanket for a pillow since the pillow we were given was so thin it hurt my neck to sleep on. That made for a cold night.

The staff was incredibly unfriendly, unhelpful and rude. At 7am my friend and I were woken up by the group of students that had booked the remainder of our floor. They were screaming, shouting, running between rooms and blasting music from then until 9am! We politely asked the front desk to ask them to be quieter, at least to turn off the music, and they replied, "They're a group of students," shrugged and laughed. Duh. Thanks for nothing. It's ironic, since I know they have experience "shush-ing" people because they "shush-ed" me when I was in the lobby skyping with my mother in the U.S. to tell her that I made it to Rome OK, since the WIFI would not work in the rooms as promised (They said it would be working "tomorrow." Shocking - it never got fixed). I guess I was disturbing the staff member, who was the only person in the entire lobby, as he watched a movie at the check-in desk. So, my friend and I had our breakfast of a rock hard biscuit and water, since the juice machine did not work, until it was taken away at 9:20am.

The location might draw your attention to this hotel, but trust me, not worth it! It only takes up one floor in a whole building complex of hotels. Perhaps try another hotel in the same building? There's plenty around. Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank riplex

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels