“An excellent hostel with great service”
Review of Conte House I

Conte House I
Ranked #732 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed three days at Conte House last week (late July 2013) and had a great experience. The service was very good, the room was very clean and the extras were fantastic. I was impressed with how helpful the staff were with all my enquiries. The breakfast was very generous and delicious. I liked that there was a full bathroom for every room. When I asked where to buy a transformer/charger the staff member actually found one in their store room and lent me one. The location allowed me to walk to all my destinations and there were many nice stores in the area for food and other shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Conte House I

Reviewed July 24, 2013

- very good location, 10 min walking distance from Termini, 10 min from Colosseum, typical italian street with lot of trees and shade
- the stuff was helpfull all the time, gave us lot of very usefull advices
- rooms were clean, spacious, tastefully furnished
- breakfest beyond sufficient (bread, croissants, toasts, ham, cheas, vegetable, delicious espresso, tea, juice), for that price, who would expect a feast?
- we´ll definitely return back!

Room Tip: Rooms "with view" can be little bit noisy because of a busy street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms are located in the second floor of an aparment house. The rooms are clean and from small balcony you can enjoy the street rush. The staff is very pleasant. There is a brekfast with a small room with a modest choice, however the choice is convenient and you can enjoy very good espresso! The house is situated close to Roma Termini train station just a hop from Colosseum and Roman Forum, actually all the historical city centre is within walking distance. The price is really convenient, I have alredy been there three times and next time in Roma I will book it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Staff were excellent and went beyond to be helpful to advise us on best way to see the sites. No price gouging for drinks and when the cooler got low they responded immediately and with a smile. You could appreciate their sincerity to get you satisfaction. Room and breakfast were great. I will book there on my next visit to Rome.

Room Tip: Get one with balcony...really adds to the relaxing part
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Three years ago, while traveling through Italy by myself, I stayed at the Conte House and absolutely loved it. It's good accomodations for the price you pay, nice location, clean, and safe. When I was planning to take my family back this past spring, I was excited share my experience with Conte House with them. While I have no complaints with the room: it was still nice and clean and well maintained, we did have difficulty with the fact there was no 24 hour reception on site. Due to arriving early, we got the keys to our room quickly (indeed we had to wait downstair for someone to come and let us in) and since we spent 7:00- 10:00 out wandering the streets of Rome we never saw anyone to go through the formal registration process. Conte House is a nice stay, but be aware that there isn't reception on site and be sure to keep lines of communication between you and the staff open should your plans change.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsay S
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Conte House was a very pleasant surprise to what we had imagined! Upon our arrival the staff was very accommodating, despite our lack of proficiency in the Italian language. The abundance of staff also ensured that the facility and bedrooms were spotless. Breakfast was more than enough for the price we were paying and whatever we needed, the staff was at our service. We even asked for an ironing board and the staff ended up doing the ironing for us (which was more than generous). Not to mention the location was perfect, just a five minute walk from the colosseum! If you're looking to save a bit of money when staying in Rome, I highly recommend staying at Conte House.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We absolutely loved this place. From the moment we arrived, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Our room was wonderful and just perfect for our requirements for a 4 night stay in Rome! The breakfasts were lovely and there was plenty of it, you could each basically as much as you needed. The atmosphere was so chilled out and relaxed. Our kids loved the sweet bowl. Rooms cleaned daily. We also liked the fact that our room had double glazed windows. This was brill as we were on a main street, it kept the noise out amazingly well! My daughter described it as 'Our hometel!' (That speaks for itself doesn't it?)The location was excellent, close to the bus station termini and the Colosseum was also a stones throw away plus most other amenities were within walking distance. We found Rome an amazing experience with the Conte House a big part of our fantastic stay. Many thanks to all the staff for making this an unforgettable holiday. We would love to return someday and will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family