“Would never visit again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Noto

Hotel Noto
Ranked #1,096 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Would never visit again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed on a school trip which it appeared to be quite popular for as there were 2 other schools staying at the same time. The rooms were poor as the beds were tightly squashed together and the window was relitively big and had to be opened during the night as our air con had broken yet it meant we could hear very loud cars and bars all night. The shower head had been placed very far down, pratically same level as the top of the bath so your only options were to squash down or hold it with one hand as you try to shower ,not to mention there isn't a shower curtain so the room then becomes soaked. The tv was the best part at it had sky although there was a day in the hotel where there was a powercut so we were unable to use any electicity. The breakfast is very boring and the machine to produce hot water didn't always function propely. For a school trip it isn't the worst as you walk around rome all day getting up at early hours of the morning so all you plan to do in the hotel is sleep. However if I stayed there on vacation I would certainly leave straight away

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank leemkbtrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

the air conditional only work from 8am-10pm or maybe less. I suffer hot bedroom every night during this summer in Rome. Toilet has no shower curtain, will wet the whole bathroom. expensive tax, 3 euro per night. Black out during the night. cheap breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Neogh

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Bluffton, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a week long tour of Italy. We very much disliked our room because the air conditioning did not work. It was set to cool but the thermostat read 28 degrees celcius for most of the stay. For those who don't know celcius (I'm one), that is about 82 degrees fahrenheit. We complained to the front desk twice but they did nothing about it. We opened our window the second night, but it was so hot in Rome in early July we were still sweating. Other rooms with our tour had the same problem. We also disliked the shower as there was no overhead shower nozzle. There was a spout for the tub and then a hose you could hold over your head, but if you stood up it sprayed the entire bathroom since there is no shower curtain. We couldn't wait to move on to the next hotel after our stay and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KristinDAnderson
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room I stayed in was very small, but nice and clean. The one thing I didn't like was the bathroom - there's no shower curtain, so if you want to shower, you have to sit down in order to avoid flooding the entire bathroom. My drain stopper wouldn't work, so I couldn't take a bath... it was just kind of annoying. The staff was excellent though. I wish I would have caught the name of the front desk girl who helped me out a lot, she was wonderful. I don't speak Italian so she helped me with things like putting money on my SIM card and booking a taxi to the airport. The included breakfast wasn't anything special, but it was free, so no complaints there. I was really worried about bed bugs after reading all the reviews, but I didn't find any (and neither did anyone in my group), so that was a relief. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the train/metro station with lots of great restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BeachBumm16
Wigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here with a party of 42 6th form students in March. Our expectations were not good due to trip advisor reviews, however the hotel proved us wrong and more importantly we found no evidence of bed bugs!. The students rated the acommodation, even though some rooms were cramped with 4 beds in them. They liked the bathrooms, which were functional and clean, use of the safe and sky sports on the TV in the bedrooms. The Hotel is in a good location, handy for walking to the various sights. Breakfast was adequate and kept the students fuelled for the long days sightseeing. The only issue we had was with other school parties who were less well behaved. This is not a hotel for a relaxing peacful break with a loved one. However it does cater for large groups efficiently.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank MJJRJ
Brzeg, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

The other all location of this hotel is good as it is close to mainly anything you might need : metro , bus stops , shops and the cultural sights. You can take a short walk to the big park ''Villa Borghese'' which is near the river . You are also a few streets away from many cultural sights.

The Bedroom:

A bit dissapointed with this as the beds are quite small and all the furniture does not match the other things . There are bed lights at each side of the bed which work well , aswell as the main lamp which did not really give out much light.There is a very small television - more than a computer monitor . There is a small desk which the television is on aswell as again two lamps on each side of the desk because the rooom is quite dark where we stayed in . The room is quite small and there is little space you can relax in the evening. There are also weird painting on the wall which we hated.

Bathroom:

There is a small sink with a mirrow above it , a toilet right next to it . There is a bath with a shower - better watch how you get in if you do not want to fall and hurt yourself. There also is a radiator to dry your towels on if you need to . Again there is not alot of space.They change your towels and rest of the linen and things nearly everyday.

Over all if you want a good relaxing and spacious hotel do not stay there but if you go out and enjoy your cultural holiday to see the Colloseum , Spanish Stairs or The Vatican City , go there and enjoy your stay like we did - but I would not really come back to Noto Hotel , but I would love to come again to Rome.

Room Tip: Make sure you go on the first floor or higher - the cars can wake you up.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank FamilyTravels-PL-UK
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Every year we organise a cultural trip to Italy with our 6th grade (17 year olds). Through the years I have seen the inside of several hotels that specialize in accommodating groups. I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised when I arrived at Hotel Noto last week. This hotel exceeds most hotels that host large parties. Our group counted over 30 pupils and we all got a room on the 3rd floor of the hotel. The rooms are not very spacy, but very clean and pleasant. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are also very clean and comfortable (although some of our students had trouble with the plumbing in their room).The staff is most welcoming and professional. Especially the breakfast buffet is a great asset of this hotel; there is an abundance in choice and the buffet is very well organised by the staff that keeps an eye on everything so that nothing ever runs out. The breakfast area is spacy and can easily cope with groups having breakfast at the same time. At check out the rooms are checked swiftly and correctly. To be brief, we will certainly stay at Hotel Noto again when returning to Rome with a bunch of students. As an private person this hotel would not be my first choice, because hotels of this kind are very often too crowded and noisy to my liking. However, it would not be dramatic to stay here because the hotel is quite sound proof. I also want to stress that the several bad reviews on this site are -according to me- no correct reflection of this hotel's qualities. You can do a lot worse in Italy/Rome!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business