Hotel Giorgina
  • Free Internet
Hotel Teti(Rome)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to termini stationcroissantswalking distancewi finutellaneighborhoodeurotoiletriessightseeing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Free Wifi and location to Central Staion attracted me first.Management and Proprietor were very considerate on a mix up about booking.Its better than its 2 star rating and lots of rooms refurbished.They are currently doing the outside.Only critique is limited breakfast,no cheese included!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

do not stay in this hotel Giorgina or the one connected to called the Hotel Acropoli i got beat up here by the night porter because i asked about the broken vending machines

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Termini Station with its trains,buses, Metro line and open top bus tours made the Giorgina the hotel of choice for us as it was literally only five minutes walk away. My wife and I are in our sixties and apart from the hairy crossing of the roads we found access to the transport to be what we wanted. The hotel was clean, the staff were hard working and friendly and the continental breakfast, which included cornflakes, was more than adequate for us. Our room, which overlooked the street, was on the 5th floor and was to be honest slightly cramped with no room for a chair.The exellent shower never ran cold, though the cubicle was bijou, the lift worked ok. If you want TV, only CNN in english, but who wants TV when in Rome ! Noise, its Rome, we live in a village so it was a contrast but I did go prepared and used earplugs in bed as the bars and traffic went on until 3 am, the main road with trams, etc , ran right under our window so gave us some interest. Plenty of nearby eateries but no english pubs or sunday roasts,' When in Rome' its mosly pasta, go for the tourist menus, good value. We found the Giorgina fine for us as we just slept there and stayed out all day, we had brilliant weather so it might be different if it was raining as there are no diversions at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2007

Giorgina is a cheap hotel near the Termini station. That means the surrounding area can be somewhat dangerous at night.
Photos did not match what was seen over the internet.
I got a large triple room that was not so bad and looked clean. Bathroom was small and the shower got all the floor wet.
Noisy at night.
Breakfast was poor and the aforementioned orange juice is indeed bizarre and tastes like it was pressed by the time the Roman Empire was crumbling.
I wouldn't recommend this place, but I've seen worse.

• Stayed: January 2004, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I had to stay at the Giorgina in September 2006 for a week. As far as the check-in is concerned I was satisfied, because it was done fastly and without any problems. The rooms are bright and have simple but sufficient furniture. So, everything was nice and I thought that we had luck for a two star hotel since even the bathroom was clean. However, the hotel is not as "good" as it seems at first sight because later we saw that there was mould at the ceiling of the bathroom. Furthermore, it is impossible to take a shower without having the bathroom and all your cothes totally wet, which is very pesky. The breakfast is simple, just jam and rolls. Please beware of the juice they offer... it is not tasty and I was not sure where it really comes from. The dinner we booked for the whole week was in a restaurant in the street of the hotel and it was actually okay. The staff there were very pleasant in comparison to that at breakfast and at the reception.
In general, the hotel has a really good location regarding the transport facilities (250 metres to main station termini) but the streets are noisy, dirty and the area is dangerous in the evening.
Finally, there was one thing that made me suspicious: Where was the fire exit?
I would recommend the hotel only to people who are not very demanding, who do not go out for clubbing (hotel closes at 2 a.m.) and who just want to visit the beatiful sights. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006