“beeten up in this hotel”
Review of Giorgina

Giorgina
Ranked #722 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 5, 2009

do not stay in this hotel Giorgina or the one connected to called the Hotel Acropoli i got beat up here by the night porter because i asked about the broken vending machines

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed October 18, 2008

Termini Station with its trains,buses, Metro line and open top bus tours made the Giorgina the hotel of choice for us as it was literally only five minutes walk away. My wife and I are in our sixties and apart from the hairy crossing of the roads we found access to the transport to be what we wanted. The hotel was clean, the staff were hard working and friendly and the continental breakfast, which included cornflakes, was more than adequate for us. Our room, which overlooked the street, was on the 5th floor and was to be honest slightly cramped with no room for a chair.The exellent shower never ran cold, though the cubicle was bijou, the lift worked ok. If you want TV, only CNN in english, but who wants TV when in Rome ! Noise, its Rome, we live in a village so it was a contrast but I did go prepared and used earplugs in bed as the bars and traffic went on until 3 am, the main road with trams, etc , ran right under our window so gave us some interest. Plenty of nearby eateries but no english pubs or sunday roasts,' When in Rome' its mosly pasta, go for the tourist menus, good value. We found the Giorgina fine for us as we just slept there and stayed out all day, we had brilliant weather so it might be different if it was raining as there are no diversions at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2007

Giorgina is a cheap hotel near the Termini station. That means the surrounding area can be somewhat dangerous at night.
Photos did not match what was seen over the internet.
I got a large triple room that was not so bad and looked clean. Bathroom was small and the shower got all the floor wet.
Noisy at night.
Breakfast was poor and the aforementioned orange juice is indeed bizarre and tastes like it was pressed by the time the Roman Empire was crumbling.
I wouldn't recommend this place, but I've seen worse.

• Stayed: January 2004, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I had to stay at the Giorgina in September 2006 for a week. As far as the check-in is concerned I was satisfied, because it was done fastly and without any problems. The rooms are bright and have simple but sufficient furniture. So, everything was nice and I thought that we had luck for a two star hotel since even the bathroom was clean. However, the hotel is not as "good" as it seems at first sight because later we saw that there was mould at the ceiling of the bathroom. Furthermore, it is impossible to take a shower without having the bathroom and all your cothes totally wet, which is very pesky. The breakfast is simple, just jam and rolls. Please beware of the juice they offer... it is not tasty and I was not sure where it really comes from. The dinner we booked for the whole week was in a restaurant in the street of the hotel and it was actually okay. The staff there were very pleasant in comparison to that at breakfast and at the reception.
In general, the hotel has a really good location regarding the transport facilities (250 metres to main station termini) but the streets are noisy, dirty and the area is dangerous in the evening.
Finally, there was one thing that made me suspicious: Where was the fire exit?
I would recommend the hotel only to people who are not very demanding, who do not go out for clubbing (hotel closes at 2 a.m.) and who just want to visit the beatiful sights. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank Polaco1212
Reviewed October 23, 2005

I booked Giorgina because 1) it was a budget hotel centrally located in Rome 2) we aren’t picky travelers and ask only that a hotel is clean, safe and a good place to get a decent night’s sleep and 3) reviews and pictures posted on another travel website looked favorable. What a terrible surprise when we arrived to find that the hotel was truly nightmarish. The street noise was absolutely awful and the street itself undesirable (and it is possible to find a good hotel near Termini no matter what anyone tells you). The elevator was broken (which the staff didn’t tell us) so we had to haul our luggage up 5 long flights of stairs. The hallways were like something out of a horror film, I kid you not. What a slummy building. Once upstairs, the room was NOTHING like the photos we saw online. The furniture and colors were essentially the same, but the room was dark, filthy, and the lights didn’t work save for one scary institutional looking thing on the wall above the bed. The toilet didn’t really flush well, there were hairs and other things I won’t mention on the bathroom fixtures, and the bedspread was grubby. When we asked to change rooms, we were given keys to a marginally better room with two twins, but the street noise in that room was worse (if that’s even possible) the room was still dirty, and the doors to the closet were broken so we couldn’t access pillows and blankets. When I saw two large bugs run across the floor and into a hole in the wall, I decided to just change hotels rather than spoil our time in Rome. Although the reservation document listed no cancellation policy under the section provided, the very rude front desk clerk yelled at me, would not listen to my grievances about the state of the rooms, insisted that he was entitled to charge us for the room and actually said “If I can take your money, I will.” You can find better hotels in Rome for this price. For the sake of your journey, avoid Giorgina.

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank SeattleWeekender
Reviewed July 10, 2005

The best feature of the Giorgina is its close proximity to the Termini (Railway Station) if that is what you need.
The noise at night from the street is unreal.
We asked for the toilet to be fixed as the flushing system was just about impossible to operate but nothing happened.
The breakfast, while there was plenty of it was not fresh and we didn't exactly appreciate a staff member eating her breakfast as she served the guests.
We always check out the fire exits in these old hotels and in fact couldn't initially find the door out from the floor we were on and then discovered the exit sign was on the rear of the door!
The staff were friendly. We wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank Tuki
A TripAdvisor Member
Brisbane, australia
Reviewed June 16, 2005

The rooms are very clean and the hotel staff speak quiet good english, however we have an 18 month old child, the hotel was not suitable as the noise of the traffic keep us awake most of the night. I'm really not joking the noise was unbearable it did not cease even in the small hours of the morning. The hotel does not have any port-a-cots or cribs for small children and no high chairs for them to sit in at breakfast. The hotel also has no airconditioning or fans and the rooms are very warm, you can open the window but only if you have no intensions of sleeping.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member