“Great place and easy on budget”
Review of Hotel Giardino

Hotel Giardino
Ranked #881 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms were nice and comfortable, we had a single and a double and both were very accomodating, even had a nice little balcony overlooking the street. The staff was very helpful and nice, spoke good English as well, which helped us being first time travellers in Italy. The location was extremely convenient and the breakfast was good. Would stay here again. Only drawback was no wifi access in rooms, had to go to the little patio for service, but that was ok too.

Room Tip: ask for the double with the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jilld776
There are newer reviews for Hotel Giardino

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Like other reviews have noted, the location is perfect. Easy walking distance to sites, kind of in the middle of all of these: Coliseum & Forum, Pantheon (really close), Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. Vatican is a short, easy bus ride away. The train station is also walkable (10 minutes), but it's so easy to just take the bus (which stops literally around the corner from the hotel). If you have a Roma Pass, the bus is free. Note: Hotel Giardino is not near a metro station, but the metro doesn't take you all the places you want to go anyway.

The staff was very nice and super helpful. Everyone speaks English. The room was unremarkable, but very clean and adequately appointed. The breakfast was more filling than I expected and a nice break from having to pay for every meal. It's really all about the location though. We took many night walks, and between the hotel and places of interest at night (e.g. Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona) it is completely safe to walk around. I highly recommend seeing Rome at night!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jasonlillis22
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Wow yet another great stay. I absolutely love this place, for all the same reasons in my first review in September. This is why we chose only to stay here again. The location is perfect to get around in Rome, the rooms are quite and cozy after a day full of Rome. Its such a pleasure to come back at the end of the day, its like home. We always enjoy talking with the other guests in the morning at breakfast about where they have been and where they are going, giving tips and so on. We have met the greatest folks here. I guess what make Giardino so special is the staff and level of service they provide. You guys are all so friendly and helpful and that is the reason why on a return trip to Rome, we did not consider any other place. Tiger, your absolutely the best dude. We could not have managed around Rome without you. Heres to our Texas hats off to you.

Room Tip: You can check out my previous review of Hotel Giardino for pics, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank philcentraltexas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this B and B. The staff was incredibly friendly and made our trip in Rome that much more enjoyable. They helped point us in the right direction for finding great locations to eat at and offered so much more info that made the whole experience great. The room was cleaned everyday and so was the bathroom. The only complaint that I have was that the shower was incredibly small and for a guy like me 6'2" I had a hard time taking a comfortable shower. However that was a minor blip on an otherwise great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The service at this hotel is absolutely amazing! Every single person working there is so friendly and helpful. Tiger in particular was extremely helpful suggesting places to go and advising us on the best ways to get to our destinations. At one point, I had to call my bank in the US - Tiger went out of his way to help as did another man at the desk who loaned me his cell phone when we couldn't get the calling card to work any other way. The service alone made our stay worth it but in addition it's a great location, clean and tidy, and offers a free, decent breakfast! Absolutely worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nothing but the best experience. We arrived earlier than our check in time. They said it was not problem. The staff offered us cappicinos and snacks while we waited, even offered to hold our luggage in a locked room for us if we wanted to go around Rome. The room was ready for us in 30 minutes. In that 30 mintures the man at the front desk gave us a map of Rome- we told him the sights we wanted to see. He gave us estimated time it would take to get the locations, how long he thought the wait we would be on lines, and told us the better places to see at night. Everytime we came in, the staff greeted us with the friendliest smile. Every moring breakfast was prepared and the staff made sure everything was going great for our visit. Highly suggested- very homely feel to this place. Every man at the desk was friendly and great!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris i
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The staff at the Giardino really make this hotel great, Tiger is the best host and really helped us with everything we needed, he gave us good reccomendations for places to eat / things to see / do... he even found us a plug converter to borrow so we could charge our camera! We were really grateful!

I liked the breakfast area, quite cute and it was nice to speak to other travellers over breakfast, it has a nice relaxed atmosphere.

I also liked the fact that our room had a balcony, it had a little lemon tree on it which was lovely, I liked having somewhere in my room to watch the busy, roman world go by!

The rooms were clean if a little drab, I mean, the decor was nice but there were a few scuff marks on the wall and the grouting around the bottom of the shower was a bit mildewy - however it was clean, and the daily cleaning service was good. Bed was also comfortable with nice clean sheets.

To be fair, this hotel is pretty good value for a really good location, close to all parts of Rome, we walked to pretty mutch everything apart from the Vatican... Although a little tip - bring comfy shoes as walking everywhere is pretty knackering!!!

I would definately reccomend this hotel, I think if you are going to do Rome properly, number 1 in your choice of hotel is the location. How long are you going to be spending in your room anyway?! You also have to be realistic with what you expect for what price, and I would always go for friendly staff and cleanliness and over look things like scuff marks on a wall!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple