“DAISY APARTMENT - GREAT LOCATION”
Review of Hotel Cecil

Hotel Cecil
Ranked #207 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Great location only a couple minutes walk from the Spanish Steps and a couple minutes from the Trevi Fountain as well. The Pantheon is also just a few minutes walk past the fountain. All have great eating areas.

If you are looking for value - then the Daisy Apartment might be a good bet. You check in through the Hotel Cecil - about a block away.

You get a basic room with a hard bed (pretty normal I guess). There is a bar fridge, a table to play cards on, air conditioning and a basic bathroom. Lots of hot water for showers. I traveled with my father and stayed a week there. Our days were pretty busy, and after a nice meal out at one of the dozens and dozens of restaurants within a 10 minute walk - a quiet basic room was all we needed.

I guess my one complaint would be that although I had given my credit card a month in advance of check-in --- they insisted on cash when I got there. I didn't have enough cash and was sent to the ATM (luckily I could withdraw enough). I then had to change money at one of those rip off money exchange places. This cost me a lot of money and I really wish they had told me this in advance. I made reservations with them via email and they were kept!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed for a family holiday at the Hotel Cecil for the week of 13th.-20th. August, 2009. The hotel was centrally located, literally only a few minutes walk from the Spanish Steps. The location of the hotel meant we could reach all key sights by foot. Great views from the rooftop garden. On arrival at the hotel we were warmly greeted, shown to our rooms which were on the same floor and next to each. As we were a family group, the hotel arranged, without our asking, to have the rooms located next to each other for convenience and enjoyment. The hotel Manager and all staff were very friendly and always greeted us with a smile and asked after our welfare. The Manager asked us daily if we had any problems and if we wre satisfied with the standard of our accomodation, service and cleaning.
On arrival we were given a map of Rome, shown where things were and given advice about making visits. Throughout our stay the manager and staff helped with locating places to see and where necessary ,transport arrangements.The hotel areas and en-suite bedrooms were always clean and comfortable and air conditioned.
We have no hesitation in recommending the use of the Hotel Cecil for a sight seeing visit to Rome. Finally, Rome is a truly wonderful city where every corner you turn there is always something to see, enjoy and marvel at.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

It was the second time I stayed at hotel Cecil and also this year I have no complaints. The hotel was lovely. Our room was big enough for three people and I think they 'renovated' the bathroom because it was very modern and nice. The service in the hotel was great. The people were friendly, they asked how your day had been etc. and if I can say it... the men who work there are good looking ;) . Breakfast was good. There was enough variety in it. Even after 8 days I wasn't getting tired of eating all the things you could chose. So I can't say anything bad about my stay at hotel cecil beside the fact that my stay was too short. If I ever go back to Rome (I know I will), I will stay at hotel Cecil!!! Ciao

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The front desk was excellent. They gave out maps of Rome which helped when getting around. The lobby was very bright and welcoming and nice to relax with a bar. There is an elevator which was helpful. The airconditioning was strong and cold, which was great because it was so hot out. The windows were sound proof, so we got a good night's sleep. The breakfast was good. The location was very close to the metro and Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. There was a safe in the room, which was great. Not much negatives, except the shower was very narrow and the water was sometimes cold when showering. The showerhead was placed in an awkward position making it hard to wash my hair. The room was also dark. There was no internet. The roof terrace would be nice at night to sit, but there was no light at all to see where you were walking on the roof, which made it scary and unsafe, so we didn't sit up there at all. Otherwise, the hotel was a nice stay while in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2009

After staying for 3 nights at the Hotel Cecil in Rome, Italy, we could not wait to check out! The lobby area was clean and friendly. The rooms, however, we horrible! They had padded walls that were dark and worn, almost moldey. The bathroom had tiles falling off of the shower walls, the backsplash on the sink counter was coming apart, the blow dryer was broken, the TV did not work, the dresser had so much dust on it that when we placed the luggage piece on it, there was a dust-cloud that emerged! Disgusting! The hallway rugs were covered in dust and dirt as well. My nephews comforter had dry blood on it! Would never consider staying here again.
The price was $160 euro per night which amounted to about $240 US dollars which was inexpensive considering the hotels location being very close to the Spanish Steps. I would have rather spent more money and had a clean hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2009

very nice apartments right in the centre of rome, clean, room 9 very large, but has a very small bathroom (the only negative point). You have 2 supermarkets 5 min walk from the apartments, spar open till late and on a sunday. turn left out of door, turn right at bottom of road, walk approx 200 yards and you wll see the big sign for the spar store. Trevi and spanish steps 2 min walk, as is the metro which gets you to all the attractions at a ticket price of 4euro a day, so easy to use. A good way to see the sites of rome is by the open top buses which you can also catch not too far from the apartment, near to the metro station....range from 18 to 19 euro a day and you can get off and on the bus whenever you want.

This has been my third trip to Rome and i will be returning nxt year, and i will be returning to the daisy apartment.

One thing i will point out that in apartment 9 there is no cooker, just 2 hobs, which is great for preparing breakfast, but not to cook a meal.....mind you who wants to eat in when you have so many fantastic restaurants at your doorstep, walk towards the trevi-fountain and there you will find so many to choose from and not that expensive.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Nice comfortable hotel within walking distance of all cultural highlights. We booked a superior room and were located in a quiet (doubled windows, so no street noice at all) and spacy room. As we booked for 4 nights, we had a 10% reduction for 'long stay'.
Breakfast was above what we expected for Italy (they don't have a breakfast culture) although we missed some fresh fruit.
The friendly hotel staff helped us in French and English.

Johan and Lutgarde from Belgium.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple