“Cozy and Friendly Hotel”
Review of Hotel Aventino

Hotel Aventino
Ranked #65 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was travelling to attend a meeting and was booked to Aventino Hotel, which I found very nice, cozy and all staff were very friendly. the room had a Jacuzzi which i found relaxing after a long working day.
I rated the hotel very good, for that you have to walk to like 15 mints to reach to the bus stop which i found sometimes hard in rain and cold weather as I went February it was very cold. the bed was big and the room was well furnished felt luxurious though the hotel is really small and nice. the breakfast was not super but fine to the value rate of the room. I enjoyed my staying there.!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shaza83_13
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Shaza,

Thank you for the nice review ! We're so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Hotel Aventino. We really hope to welcome you again during spring or summer time, where the weather is pleasant and where our garden and neighbourhood are at their best.

Ciao ciao from Rome ! !

sincerely

There are newer reviews for Hotel Aventino

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Coming to hotel Aventino is as coming home. Already when entering the beutiful garden of the hotel you feel welcomed. Fancy, having break in a garden at the center or Rome! The staff is very freidly and helpful. The rooms are clean, confortable and beutifully decorated. I always return to hotel Aventino.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jan K

Dear Jan,

The staff and I, are really thrilled to read that you feel like at home in our Hotel Aventino. Thank you so much ! !

We're happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast in our lovely garden which is really a plus, being in the centre of Rome ! ! We really hope that you can admire it also in spring, where the colours and the smell of the orange trees and multi coloured flowers are at their best.

Thanks again for your visit and we are looking forward to your return back " HOME" in our hotel Aventino.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel Aventino was recommended by a business colleague and I saw both business and tourist types during my stay. It's a great choice if you're not interested in staying smack in the middle of Rome city center, among tourist sites and traffic, but it's still just a 15 minute walk from the Forum and Colosseum. The Aventine Hills neighborhood is perfect for relaxing after a long day of touring. The hotel is better than a B&B yet not quite a full-serve hotel. It has great value, and more so if you book in advance. Staff are friendly, willing to help, and speak English. Our room consists of painted mosaics and old European decor both in the bedroom and bathroom. Our bathroom had a whirlpool bathtub (which I didn't try), but the water faucet for the bath was difficult to use. The shower was hot and nice but not fully enclosed, so water gets on the bathroom floor and toilet. The bathroom door also stuck when opening and I had to push the door forcefully to get it open all the way. These are small inconveniences that didn't bother me but could be a problem for other travelers. Breakfast is continental, typical Italian, which includes warm croissants, assorted other pastries, cold meats, and yogurts, as well as coffee/tea, made to order. Be warned: wifi in the lobby only and A/C system in room can be loud if you're a light sleeper. I would stay here again for the price and neighborhood. However, see my review for this hotel chain's other hotel, Hotel Villa San Pio, which I prefer but is slightly pricier.

Room Tip: Room 348 has a small wrap around balcony. Bathroom door gets stuck when opening.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marian27x
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review about our Hotel once back home!

I'm glad to know you enjoyed the calm and beauty of our neighborhood and the decor of the room.

I'm sorry you had to experience some deficiencies in the bathroom which we took immediate action to fix in order for future guests to avoid this little inconveniences.
Hotel Aventino as you said is the cheapest of our Hotels on the Aventino hill and often you can get good offers and special rates on our official website.

Thanks again for your visit and we are looking forward to see you again, maybe next time for pleasure in our beautiful city of Rome.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hotel Aventino was recommended by friends, so we booked a 1 week stay and couldn't have ended up happier! I shared a room with a friend, and my grandmother and sister shared the room next to ours. Our rooms were on the courtyard level, tucked around the side, so we felt like we had our own little private area. We had a wonderful week in Rome together, and all LOVED coming back to beautiful Aventino every night. We all felt it was a very great price for the beauty and comfort you get. Our friends stayed around the counter at a different small hotel with the same owners, and it was great, too! Be sure to walk down to the end of the street to The Knights of Malta gate (Secret St. Peter's view)!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Veronica V
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Veronica,
we are happy to know you had a great time in Rome and that you found in Hotel Aventino a special place that will remain in your hearth!
We are also glad to know you found the "Knight's of Malta gate", just a step away from our hotel....from where you can admire a unique and pittoresque view of St. Peter's dome!
Thanks again for your visit and looking forward to see you soon again!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I need to put this review into context: I am sure that the Hotel Aventino is lovely on a warm spring/summer's day. I,however, arrived on a dark, wet January evening and I had the start of a heavy cold. I was traveeling alone and had a large suitcase, which the taxi driver helped me with, not a member of hotel staff. The receptionist showed no sign of welcome or warmth, however he did wheel my suitcase around to my room, room 333, which is a garden room; again lovely in Spring/summer, less attractive on a cold, damp evening in January.
I had just arrived from the airport, fortunately I knew from Trip Advisor that there was no restaurant at the hotel, however I had not expected it to be so remote. Had I felt well I probably would have taken a cab to a restaurant, however I was not in the frame of mind for that. There was a mini bar in the room, which had biscuits, chocolates, nuts and a supply of cold drinks. There is no free bottled water in the room, nor is there any facility to make tea or coffee.
The bed was huge and took up most of the room. The tv had only BBC News and CNN in English. The bathroom was adequate.
Breakfast is sparse, no hot options, just a selection of cheap cereals, cheap ham and cheap cheese, fruit and yoghurts. A variety of breads, some "orange juice" that tasted like it came out of a packet.The breakfast room had no atmosphere, it was like a morgue, cold and unwelcoming.
On checkout the receptionist, a different one, still unsmiling, tried to charge me for the pre paid room, and offered no apology when i pointed out the error. At this point I would like to add that I am a well-seasaoned traveller and am always courteous and smiling when speaking to hotel staff, this made no difference. No one helped me with my luggage, so I wheeled my large, heavy suitcase up the hotel path in the rain.
If you want a high-end bed and breakfast out of the hustle and bustle of the city centre, then you may be very happy at Hotel Aventino. For me, this was an experience that I really do niot want to repeat.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
we're sorry to hear your stay hasn't been great.
For sure, the best time to visite Rome is in springtime, when on the Aventino hill jasmines bloom and their scent fills the air.
The Aventino Hotel is only at five minutes walking distance from the famous restaurants of Testaccio area, where one can enjoy typical roman food, and where romans and tourists like to go and eat.
The water of Rome is famous in the whole world, because is one of the best and it's drinkable, even straight from the tap.
I assure you the products for our breakfast are selected among the best brands, like "Giglio" for cheese and yogurt, "Torre in pietra" for milk, "Sorrentini" and "Lenti" for salami, all with no polyphospates added, "Kellog's" cereals, "Twinings" teas, "Mulino Bianco" cookies, "Buitoni", "Perugina" , "Natura nuova Bio", and fresh fruit, croissants, orange juice and concentrate orange juice.
The products change according to the season.
The breakfast hall is decorated with genuine antique furniture beloning to the owners, a great fresco taking up an entire wall and depicting flowers and fruit with peperino frame. A genuine coffe machine "Stefano Ugolini" embellishes the place.
From the breakfast hall you can go out straight into the patio, when the weather is beautiful or taking cover under the big ombrellas.
I honestly think it's very different from what your described.
Perhaps when a day is not too positive one tends to perceive people and things in a different way.
We hope springtime will give us back our usual smile, so we can give our guests an open and friendly welcome.

Best regards!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I were having a wedding anniversary trip to Rome - club class flights, chauffeur driven cars from the airport and I wanted a hotel to match. The Aventino did not disappoint - we were given the rooftop terrace unasked at no additional cost. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is the in diplomatic quarter, one of the best parts of Rome. Everything a boutique hotel should be - elegant and understated. The Aventino is not cheap but it is money well spent. You feel you have got what you paid for. The aircon was more of a novelty function but hey - it's Rome!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooftop terrace
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wageouris
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
The staff and I, are pleased to read your positive comments and I am glad to know that your stay during the “ special occasion “ met your expectations. Hope this sweet memories will cherish during this year 2013 and wish you all the best for a very prosperous, serene and healthy year.
Best wishes and look forward to see you again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Aventino several times and have always been satisfied with the rooms and the outstanding service. While not all rooms have french doors opening onto a balcony we have been lucky enough for the past two years to have one that did. A big plus on a sunny, balmy day. Prior to that we had rooms that were comfortable and all had very nice bathrooms. As others have noted, breakfast is not particularly exciting, although the coffee is properly made and better than what one finds in a lot of hotels. Some might complain about the slightly out-of-the-way location but that is why it's quiet and the leafy-green neighborhood is utterly charming. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your comment.
Our hotel Aventino is the smaller hotel of the chain and we particularly pay attention to the comfort and the quietness of each room. Some rooms have balcony with nice view of the garden but all of them are comfortable and well equipped.
Our breakfast is served in the small breakfast room but during the good weather is possible to get it also in the garden which is a good solution when the sun is still warm. It’s a pleasure for us to serve a good coffee and cappuccino because we think it’s important for starting the day properly.
The Aventino hill, where the hotel Aventino is located, is a residential area, not so far from the centre but quiet and plenty of green.
Hope to have you as guest for your next visit in Rome