Hotel Lella
$218
$179
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$336
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I spent my last night in Rome here because my sister was in town and staying at the same hotel, and I needed an inexpensive room since i'd be leaving at 3:00 am the next day for an early flight and the last place I was staying was booked that night. The room was awful... not even worth the 40 euros I coughed up for it. The bed had to be 20 years old, with springs popping out and making sleep uncomfortable. The linens were threadbare; I could see holes in the fitted sheet. The blanket looked like it hadn't been washed since 1980. The bathroom smelled like sewage. The worst part of it all-- I got BED BUG bites the next day. Thanks God I didn't take them home with me, but that is seriously unhygienic.

As far as breakfast went, my sister stayed for 3 nights and was not once served any. I heard it's nothing to write home about, but the fact that it wasn't even given was awful. There's a hotel called Crosti, where I stayed the rest of my time in Rome, that cost me 63 euros per night (booked on hotels.com). If you can afford to pay the extra 23 euros, you really, really should.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank NYCnative76
Reviewed December 1, 2010

We booked Lella because we read good things about it on Hostelworld and for its proximity to the station as we were arriving late at night after a 12 hours flight. We were looking forward to a hot shower and nice bed. We are not fussy people but what we were confronted with at Lella took us aback. The bathroom was the worst, dirty with hair everywhere and no hot water at all. It was obvious it has not been cleaned for weeks as there was built up grime. Our vision of a hot shower disappeared. The accommodation we were taken to was outside the reception area of Lella, so we thought later this may be bait and switch, especially after I read back over reviews of others giving this 100% on the same night of our stay - this couldn't possibly be the same accommodation. Breakfast was bad, coffee, juice and croissant served in the lobby at the reception desk. The staff were hot and cold - the best part of this place was helpful sightseeing advice for Rome. The second day however when we turned up for breakfast we were treated very offhandedly. This was the first stay of our European itinerary so we were very green and would not have put up with this had we not been exhausted from travel and had been on the road a little longer. We returned to Rome and stayed in another guesthouse/hostel and it was so much better for much the same money. Do not chance this place, do not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Katie8808
Reviewed August 16, 2010

En-suite double room ok for the price. The location is excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed in a four bed room at Lella hotel for 2 nights..Even though the hotel was in a great location, close to Termini station, unfortunately the room was not as good as it shown in the site pictures. The bathroom was very small and quite dirty (especially in the shower), the blankets were dirty and looked like those i had in the army, and we discovered a small kitchen which was found inside a closet !!! But the most frustrating thing was that one of our friends was bitten by bed bugs. Such a pitty, as we paid 15 euro per person/per night and we expected at least a clean room. The breakfast included a small croissant, a glass of red juice and a cup of coffee. In my opinion this hotel is a good option for those people who just want a sleep for one day.Nothing more. I believe that you can find much better hotels in Rome.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ftylos30
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We chose this hotel because it was close to the center and it looked nice on the photos. Aaccording to their web site the breakfast was included and they claimed that you can pay by credit card. What we got was: STAINED towels, sheets with holes, POOR breakfast (croissant with cold coffee and juice), and what was the worst, we got seriously BITTEN by BED BUGS! Payment on arrival and ONLY by CASH. I do not recommend this place! We booked it by Hostel Bookers - they ereased our review very quickly. So I think you cannot rely upon opinions on their site.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple