Pincio
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
$79
$72
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
$384
$296
Priceline
  • Restaurant
$604
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsspanish stepstop floortrevi fountainsister hotel over the roadusual continental stylegreat locationhotel descriptionsmall hotelrooftop terraceopening the windowpiazza di spagnayogurtfirst floorcontinental breakfastthe air conditioningclean roomsclose to the hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is in perfect location near to Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi. Nice clean and very good breakfast.
Avoid room in 6th floor due to breakfast preparation was too noise.
I think is a good choice if you find a rate near 90 euros.

Room Tip: Avoid room in 6th floor due to breakfast preparation was too noise and 1st floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gdarsinos
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Pincio for 5 nights during a recent vacation. I had arranged a shuttle from the airport and the shuttle driver said, "Hotel Concordia?" I was confused, but then learned Hotel Pincio and Hotel Concordia (which is a across the street from Pincio) are owned by the same company and the lobby for both hotels is in Hotel Concordia's building. Hotel Pincio is remodeled and modern while Concordia is old and not a desirable place to stay. So be sure that you get Pincio if that's what you are reserving as other reviews indicate people sometimes show up and Pincio is full. That was not the case for us, though. Overall Hotel Pincio was a great location - only 5 minutes from the Spanish Steps and the metro stop in PIazza Spagna, only 5-7 minutes from Trevi Fountain, and only 10-15 minutes from the Pantheon. The staff was friendly and helpful enough in person. What did impress me was their response to an email I had sent before coming: I emailed their general address about arranging a shuttle and I had a response within 30 minutes. The breakfast was very good, with cappiccino and espresso upon request. The only negative I can say about the place is that the rooms in Pincio are advertised as having wifi, but when we arrived we were told the wifi was broken (I just don't think they have wifi set up in the rooms) and that we would have to come to the lobby at Hotel Concordia to use the internet. At first this was very upsetting as we had booked the room because of the advertised wifi capability, but it ended up not being such as bother as it was fun to interact with the staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Located very close to the Spanish steps, and 5 minutes from the Trevi fountain, the Pincio was a great base for our group, who spent a minimal amount of time in their rooms or the hotel!

Check-in was handled efficiently at the Concordia hotel straight across the road, as The Pincio has no lobby area (the Concordia also stored our luggage on the last day). Breakfast is served in the conservatory on the top floor of The Pincio; it is basic but covers essential needs - tea, coffee, pastries, cereals, meat, cheese, boiled eggs, bread, jams and some unidentified juices.

The rooms are functional, clean and most are big enough to accommodate an extra single bed, so can sleep 3. The ensuite bathrooms were well designed and clean, with complimentary toiletries and a full set of fresh towels left daily.

If wi-fi is important to you, this is not the hotel for you, as, although it is available, for free, it is situated in the lobby of the Concordia hotel opposite only and not in The Pincio at all.

The rooms at the back of the hotel are over the kitchens to a neighbouring restaurant which was a bit noisy sometimes.

We were a large party (15) and 2 of our group were moved to another sister hotel, situated about 200m up the hill, which was frustrating. Reading other reviews it does appear that the hotel has at least 3 properties and moves people about between them at will.

Overall very good value for money and a great base for visiting Rome; we walked everywhere from here, except when wearing heels!

Room Tip: 601, on the top floor, has a tiny balcony off the bathroom so you can leave the door open for some fresh air.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank madsw6
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel Pincio with some members of my family. As other reviewers have said reception and check in is across the street at the hotel Concordia. While this is mildly inconvenient (especially when it's cold and wet as it was during some of our stay) the check in process was smooth and the guy at reception was very efficient. One of our party mislaid a passport on our transport from the airport and the guy at reception was very helpful in dealing with the company which meant we got the passport back that evening. He also recommended a very nice reasonably-priced restaurant "Lorel in the World" on Via de la Mercede just 2 mins walk down the street.

I had booked 1 double and 2 twin rooms and on check in the twin rooms were not ready so the guy at reception asked the porter to sort these rooms. Unfortunately 2 of our group were there to witness the separating of the double beds into 2 twin beds and the under sheet on the matress in both rooms was covered in hairs!! Although the porter changed the sheets to clean ones immediately this was completely unacceptable and really rather disgusting! I complained to the man on duty at reception and although he said he would sort something the following day they didn't even make a small gesture to make up for it. Eventually after asking specifically they did give free minibar for the stay.

Other than this the rooms were fine (more 2-star than 3) with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are very nice though..very modern and clean. The white walls in the rooms and corridors are very marked and could do with a lick of paint. The breakfast is adequate with some meat and cheese, breads, cereals, teas, coffee and juice. Although the girl who supervised the breakfast area was not the friendliest, the rest of the staff seemed friendly and efficient. The real advantage of this hotel is it's superb location... just a couple of minutes from the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain. For the price you pay you get location and not quality but the hotel is ok overall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked 2 rooms here for my husband and I, and our daughter and son-in-law in Feb and April.
If we had been given rooms in Hotel Pincio right away, probably the mustiness, lack of lobby, and so-so breakfast would not have bothered us. The hotel Pincio itself is quite nicely renovated, and the location is great.
However, we were told that they had an "electrical" problem, and we would have to stay in the Hotel Concordia for one night. When we went to see the rooms, the carpet was dirty, it was old and smelly, and definitely nothing like the Pincio that I had booked.
The girl at reception said there is nothing they can do, and I had pre-booked and could not get my money back. So, they offered us free mini-bar (turned out to be 2 bottles of water and 2 of juice.)
We went to get settled in, turned on the air con and a few minutes later, we hear drip, drip, the air con was leaking. We phoned down.
"Just put a towel there and I will send someone to fix it." We put a cup under and it was soon full, as well as the towel soaked. The wood floor was also warped, indicating this is not a new problem.
We waited quite awhile, but no-one showed up, and it was smelling more musty and rancid, so we decided to go out and explore, and stopped to ask reception if they could just move us to another room.
"Not possible. I am sending someone up right now to fix it. We will give you 10% off for the night."
When we returned at 11 pm, tired, I asked if the air con had been fixed and was told, Yes.

Of course, it had not been. I had to get the bucket out of the garbage can, and line it with a towel so it wouldn't be so loud.
I tried turning off the air and opening the window, but it's those scooters and motorbikes, they will wake you every time.

I was tired and crabby in the morning, we had to get up early for a tour of the Coliseum/Forum.
We had to pack everything before we left so they could transfer our stuff to the new room.

When we came back they had transferred our things, and left a bottle of prosecco in each room, but the whole thing left a bad taste in our mouths, especially when I read that they have done the same thing to other people.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends