“Antico Casale Review”

Ranked #1,103 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Lugano, Switzerland
“Antico Casale Review”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Essential services, very good restaurant!
Clean & easy!
The staff is very like!
***Not recommended if you don't have/rent a car***
***Not good Public transportation connections, is quite far from the center of the city.
If I remember good there is a shuttle bus hotel service for connecting to the closest bus station ***

Room Tip: Ask it to the first floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stegas79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were two packbackers so relied on the bus and occasional taxi, at first the taxi was the only option as wasnt sure on the buses, bit expensive and not ideal if you are intending going into the centre all the time! But we only caught the taxi onces we got familiar with the buses which were regular (although have to catch two buses!) Room was nice enough, bathroom door was rubbish though! Breakfast was simple but lovely! staff friendly. Only problem is location really but we managed over four nights and slept well there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elle M
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Entire place smells like poop. Shower stuck on "shuffle". Plus the curtin was riped. They do not have towels, more like paper towels. Some black mold as well. Plus its overpriced. I would not even consider its location in Rome, big hassel to travel to the center. The bed makes all kinds of wierd noises. Got this hotel from booking.com...never again.

2 Thank Alexandra R

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Granada, Spain
Reviewed June 10, 2013

If your totally desperate and in need of a bed for the night, stop, park in a safe place and sleep in the car. This owner likes an early night so don't expect them to be open after 12pm. we got there at 12.15 and were locked out. They did not answer the phone and even the outside gates were closed. We thought it was abandoned as it looked desolate. This was our first time in Italy and luckily we had a hire car and not a taxi. We complained to Booking.com and asked for a refund and at first the owner said he did not take the money. Wrong, he did. First time ever to be locked out of a booked hotel. There won't be a next time. Hotels like this should not be on booking engines, and if you think it is just me, read other peoples reviews.

Room Tip: Go direct to Rome, there are many choices and it's not far
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Brendan F
Orange, California
Reviewed September 10, 2012

In the beautiful Rome I had the worst hotel and my room didn't have lock, therefore I asked the manager of hotel why room doesn't have lock but he did not have any answer, therefore I pulled my bed behind door and slept with fear of stranger entrance.
room was so poorly decorated and shower belonged to stone age people and unfortunately I paid about 120.00 US dollar for this room
Masimo was the manager at the time I was there and he was terrible to be a manager.
from California,
Pamela Kaveh

Room Tip: I don't recommend this hotel to anybody.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank parnian j
London
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked this hotel through Venere.com. The pictures on the website must have been taken at least 10 years ago, the hotel is now a disgusting mess. No maintenance has been done, garden and driveway is overgrown and shabby with torn and filthy umbrellas, the rooms are tiny and smelt of cats wee, I would not have wanted to use the ancient air-con units for fear of contracting legionaires disease!!!!! It is also a long way from Rome attractions. I cannot believe that other travellers find this acceptable. We had to go out and find other accommodation - not easy on a Saturday afternoon and in a city having no idea where you are - thank goodness for sat-navs!!!! Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, we just wanted to get the hell out!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank susierev
Belgrade, null, Serbia
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have been to Rome several times but never enjoyed my stay more than when I stayed at Antico Casale during my last trip and made sure that all of my Friends went there on their trips to Rome. Because of it's friendly and hospitable atmosphere, it was more like a home away from home, and the food was fantastic.

They have a very convenient hotel shuttle service to get you to and from the Airport and the bus stop across the street provides quick and easy access to Rome itself during your visit. The next time my Wife and I travel to Rome we will be certain to stay here !

Room Tip: The view from the rear rooms is best.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo