“Very good hotel with pleasant staff, close to restaurants and metro”
Review of XX Settembre

XX Settembre
Ranked #200 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in early September for 6 nights. For the tariff this hotel charged at the time (£53 per night for single economy), the standard is pretty good and we made a really good choice. However, we would not pay any more for this hotel. Our rooms were in the main building on the top floor (the attic). Clean rooms, which had a safe & small fridge. You don't always get a safe and a fridge in 3 star hotels, so this was an added bonus. Air con was modern and worked fine. Definitely need it in Rome! My room (301) was small but fine; all I would say is one bed side table lamp for the lighting is insufficient, it does need a main light. Bathrooms pretty clean and good size. The reception staff are friendly, cheerful & accommodating. Breakfast is a cold buffet (although there is toaster), with good variety and ample to get you going for the day. The restaurant area is very small and it's quite tight to manoeuvre round when most of the tables are occupied. Perhaps something that needs to be looked into. The hotel is situated in a quiet area, close to Republicca & Termini station, and near some good restaurants (our favourite was Steak House)....also walk to Via Venti Settembre and try the ice cream shop, Gelateria La Romana - lovely ice cream and the shop is open till late at night! Overall we had a comfortable and pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AHH10

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel while in Rome for 7 days. Our actual room was in the building across the street. The hotel is centrally located and has a very enjoyable breakfast. The room was small, but we expected that from a Rome hotel. There was a refrigerator, hair dryer, and even a bathtub in the bathroom! We were very pleased and the staff was very helpful. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gulielmus4
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent 3 nights in this hotel, arrived very jet lagged and the room we were offered was mouldy with a leaky shower. Spoke to the manager who immediately allocated another room which was much better. Very comfortable, clean and well sized. Hot showers, with a buffet breakfast included which was ample to get us on our daily adventures. Small lift which made moving suitcases a bit of a challenge but was very reliable.

The hotel is centrally located, particularly to Termini and easy walking distance from many of the attractions in Rome, there are also buses which run very close to the hotel.

Staff particularly helpful after we were robbed on the Metro, also when we needed some tools to make repairs to broken luggage.

We are booked to spend another night on our return from our cruise and look forward to a comfortable stay again.

This is an economical hotel, tucked away in a little side street in Rome, a family business that make your stay in Rome very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pene W
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rooms were small but clean the hotel was close to different location at Rom. helpful staff. Room price quite OK. The economy room are too small and no windows at all. The toilet and shower was a bit small but clean. Breakfast simple but still OK.in general a affordable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rooms were small, room door locks old and hard to handle, air conditioning was a joke, floors were moldy, and shower was very small.

But, breakfast was pleasant, staff was very friendly and helpful, room was quiet, bed was good to sleep in, and the location of the hotel was smack in the middle of rome, and the view out the window was a lovely street view.

Room Tip: we stayed on top floor, was nice and quiet. there was an elevator, which was slow though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spend 8 nights in this hotel at the end of april, 2013. My room was in the annex building, sittuated opposite the main one (you had to cross the small street, use a key to open a door, and use an elevator). It was very clean buy also very small, even smaller than the one in a 3* hotel I reserved in Venice last year!!! For me it was the first 3* hotel I stayed in where I didn't have a small table in the room because the space wasn't big enough. Location: 5 minutes by walking from Termini (if you know a shortcut and walk really fast, like me) or 10-12 minutes (normal speed walking). Breakfast was really ok (really good variety for an italian hotel, the only 2 things missing were the vegetables and the eggs) but the thing that really pissed me off was that almost every morning I HAD TO WAIT BEFORE HAVING BREAKFAST. Why? Because the saloon only had SEVEN TABLES!!! You have to be VERY lucky to find one free table without having to wait. Only one time in 9 days I wanted to watch a football game on the tv in the room and I couldn't because I found out that I needed a second remote control, which was missing. In the end, the receptionist solved the problem. If you need information, the receptionists can give you a free map of the city and give sugestions for usefull shortcuts. Keep in mind that in this hotel the checkin starts AFTER 14:00, if you arrive earlier you can leave your luggage and come back later. Overall experience: average.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed for two weeks in this hotel and I found the staff were very friendly, courteous and pleasant. The room that I stayed in was small but did have its own bathroom. Although I don't recommend people who visit Rome to stay for long as I did, I can recommend this hotel. They also offered a free breakfast buffet, which did save me money on food. The room was cleaned every day with fresh towels provided everyday but the carpet was filthy inside my room. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would probably stay there again if I traveled to Rome. One of their staff even gave me a ride to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo