“Convenient location, inexpensive and clean!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Albergo Sandra

Albergo Sandra
Ranked #2,534 of 3,751 Rome B&B and Inns
Nova Scotia
“Convenient location, inexpensive and clean!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The hotel is only 5 blocks(less than a 10 min walk to Termini Station) and one block from the nearest Subway/Metro Station. We were able to walk to all tourist sites from this location.
The room was cleaned daily.
Staff spoke some english and tried to accomodate everything we needed.
Inexpensive in comparison to other hotels.
Drawbacks:
-washroom is very small, there is not a seperate shower it is right in the bathroom so everything stays wet...bathroom floor, toilet seat etc... Not a lot of privacy from others in the room.
-lift does not go to the 3rd floor, you must either go a floor above or a floor below then take the stairs(we took stairs all the way everytime so didn't affect us)
-television had NO english channels....makes for long evenings.
-Fabulous restaurant just down the street or around the corner!
-little cafe across the street for breakfast

Overall:
Great hotel for travellers who spend the majority of their time out and about; wanting to spend their money on other things besides accomodations!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dannokim

• Polish first
cronberry
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights , the room was from the 40's,( nothing like the photos at all ) tv didnt work, no space to swing a cat, we were miserable to say the least..and the "complete bathroom" was absolutely disgusting, and not fit for animals.. i would strongly urge anyone considering booking this dump to re consider.. worst place ive ever stayed, its a disgrace room 12

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funky987

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Dewsbury
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I booked a room here for 2 nights for myself and my son (2 years old) through Expedia.

We were in Pisa and because the hotel is supposedly near the Metro we left Pisa about 4pm expecting to arrive in Rome about 8pm. About 30 minutes before we arrived into Rome I got a call from Expedia who explained that the hotel had informed them that they had sold my room to someone else. I questioned how could they do this? Expedia told me that some hotels will sell a room, but then if say a group turn up needing a few rooms they will sell your room because it gets them more business.

So, my 2 year old and I arrived into Rome at 8pm without a room. We were forced to pay well over the odds and got well and truly ripped off simply because the rooms left were limited and all the cheap rooms were fully booked.

I cannot vouch for the quality of this hotel, but I seriously urge you to reconsider booking here, you might, like me end up without a room when you get to Rome.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank stu.bec
sarajevo
Reviewed September 20, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one night only with my friend. We booked the hotel for 6 nights, but could not stand it. The room was awful, it looked like a 50 year old apartment, with 50 year old furniture was split in half and made into a "room". There were cracks in walls, the bathroom was 1square meter or so, when i took a shower i could not turn around without hitting myself. The water was all around the toilet, sink and all over floor. The carpet was dirty, the whole room smelled stale. We were supposed to pay 87 euros per night, but found a hotel for 74 euros which is WAY better.I would recommend everyone to stay away from this hotel.

Stayed September 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2005

The room is very clean and very close to the train station (i.e. termini).

The hotel is three flights up from the ground floor and the elevator is not available for guests of the hotel normally (there is a lock on the door of the elevator). Let the owner know your arrival/departure time, he will help for the luggage.

The owners are nice, who don't speak much English but understand English and can answer all your question.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member