“Great Staff”
Review of Assisi Hotel

Assisi Hotel
Ranked #617 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This was a great small hotel close to Roma Termini. Easy to find. Our room was QUIET and we slept great, shower wonderful - yeah the room wasn't huge but hey thats europe hotels. You can walk from here to anywhere if you like walking - we did. Breakfast ok, bit processed for us but we are fussy with organics etc but great coffee made to order. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that faces a courtyard, no view but hey you get to sleep well
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We choose the Assisi Hotel as it promised we could have twin bedrooms. This was necessary as there were 4 of us travelling. The twin bedrooms turned out to be tiny rooms with two single beds pushed up against each other. The rooms themselves were small but the ensuite shower rooms were minute. In Room 424 the toilet faces the shower and is so close that whilst sitting on it your feet are in the shower tray. Neither comfortable or hygeinic.
We would also question the cleanliness. Overall it looks quite clean and neat however their were hairs found in both showers and en suites. A further problem was he so called towels. These turned out to be sheets of a waffled cotton!!
Staff were reasonably helpful and a breakfast was provided.

Room Tip: We did not experience a good room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel was very good value for money spent,close to termini station and within 15 mins.walking to most historical sites.Restaraunts in abundance locally and at very reasonable cost.Hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful with an adequate sellection for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I found this hotel while searchin gon the Internet and tried to book it through my travel agent. Although they are not partners with my travel agent, I took the plunge and booked online. I received immediate correspondence and confirmation of my booking. Things I loved about the hotel:

1. Great location - it is literally 2short blocks from termini station (which is great as a landmark when you get lost, and I got lost so many times)
2. Friendly staff - the reception was absolutely amazing at every hour. Extrememyl friendly and helpful. The one receptionist didn't speak English super fluent, but we managed to communicate and she was extremely helpful. Before I checked in I had a bad run in with a tour operator but when i got to the hotel she got me back into holiday mode!
3. Nice variety for breakfast - I didn't really have a proper breakfast because I was usually out before then, but if I wanted something they were willing to give me something so I wouldn't starve.
4. Calling taxi's or giving advice etc - they offered a great service for calling taxi's or if you were not sure what to do in rome (I must mention that they give you a map upfront of Rome of all the places to go see) they give you suggestions and best routes. They also were great with ensuring that I got a wake up call for my early mornings.

5. Lovely rooms and awesome TV's - I was on my own and they made me feel at home. The room was perfect for me and had everything I needed. I know that you are on holiday and shouldn't be watching TV, but when I was just chilling, there was a great variety of channels to choose from and brush up on my Italian.....

There are so many other things, that I do not want to turn this into a dissitation (which I am half way therre)...but I must say, I had a wonderful time, met lovely people and will DEFINATELY be going back to Hotel Assisi on my next trip to Rome.

Thank you for a lovely time!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Maria M
Reviewed October 9, 2011

this hotel is excellent value, staff are very, and hotel very clean, reasonable size bedrooms, and the breakfast was very good, excellent location also next to all amenities, I would defo reccomend this hotel to anyone who would like to visit Rome, mt second time to Rome and "ROMA ROCKS"

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We wanted to stay for 4 nights - somewhere close to the Termini train station as we came and would leave by train - and use of the metro as required. It also had to be competitive in price - this hotel fitted that profile.

The staff were always pleasant & helpful. The room was quite large - but had the smallest bathroom i have ever been in - for example you can place your back on to the wall - reach out your arm & touch the other wall ....it was that small. However it was long enough to include al the basics, toilet, sink, shower, bidet etc. The towels although replaced daily were more like cloths - but hey it was all good !!

The room had a safe[ free of charge] for valuables, very good air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Good TV with a range of programmes [ mostly Italian - with CNN for English users] - but you dont go to Rome to sit in your hotel all day !!!

The room was good and had little traffic noise from outside - where ther are quite a few bars / & places to eat.

The breakfast was adaquate rather than comprehensive - but it was more than sufficent to "stoke up the belly " for a day's sight seeing etc.

All in all a good basic quality hotel which suited our needs totally for our stay in Rome

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wfmf
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is only few minutes from the Termini Station, and 200 meters from the shuttle bus station. The hotel is simple tourist hotel, and we need this after the busy day. The room was a comfortable, and clean. The staff was a kind, and helpful. The breakfast was a typical Italian: mostly sweet. Pleasant surprise was, like that the staff waited for me. Certainly we return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family