1,299 results
All reviews great hotel trevi fountain mini bar the penthouse within walking distance modern hotel pastries recommend this hotel sister hotel spanish steps main attractions rooftop bar stayed here for nights breakfast buffet tourist attractions would definitely stay here again minute walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from a week in this lovely city. I booked this hotel having switched from a different hotel due to the positive reviews of this hotel and the less than positive reviews of the initial choice. We arrived later than planned and walked from termini station ( approx 10 mins) having seen the long queue for taxis!! The receptionist was very pleasant and welcoming and gave us great information and a city map from the off. Our room on the second floor was a good size, with a huge, comfortable bed. The air conditioning was effective and very welcome as it was a hot week for September. We had a sectioned off bathroom and separate W.C and bidet, which was novel, I did use this as I hadn’t had one in a room before! After a comfy nights sleep we headed for breakfast which appears to be in a cellar room. We were welcomed by Giacomo, a lovely man who greeted us every morning of our stay and made me a fantastic cappuccino (or 2!) each morning- I have to give him a special mention as he is very enthusiastic and a great “people person” a real credit to the hotel, as were all the staff we encountered to be fair, we just struck up more of a rapport with him. The breakfast itself was great, with a good selection of fruits, yoghurts, cereals, hot and cold options. There was also a menu of extra options if this was not enough to tempt your tastebuds! The hotel itself is in a great location and easy walking distance to the Colleseum, Palletine hill, Trevi fountain, panthenon, and the Spanish steps. The Vatican City is walkable as we did it, but allow about 40 mins if you are. There were only a couple of negatives, there was a film crew in whilst we were there and they took over the place. If you talked in reception, there was someone from the crew there to tell you to hush it, even the poor receptionist suffered this fate, which I found just plain rude as she was inevitably going to be asked things and check people in, etc. The other was that a mosquito or two got into our room & we suffered a few bites, we didn’t think to bring repellers with us, but will next time. Neither of these things were sufficient to dull our fantastic week in Rome and this lovely hotel, and I am happy to give a 5 star rating of our stay here. If we are lucky enough to return to Rome one day, we will definitely choose the Rome Life again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alessandro T, Resident Manager at Rome Life Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 137nigel1965

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Rome Life Hotel.

We feel privileged that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us and I am extremely proud of the team

and the team for making the whole experience for you both even more memorable!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again for many more special occasions.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent 4 days here with my mum & sister..

Location is very good and central. Hotel is very clean. Staff are lovely and very accommodating. Breakfast is plentiful and sets you up for the day. Can’t take anything away from all those aspects, they were hard to beat!

We had a Junior Suite on the 2nd floor.. My mum and sister slept in the comfortable bed and I slept on the not so comfortable sofa bed.. that being said it is a sofa bed so you can’t expect anything much... the whole room was open plan with the main bed being sectioned off somewhat. The bathroom is open plan within the room with a frosted glass door on the toilet but nothing on the shower area.. a screen is supplied but not ideal.. everything was spotless tho and housekeeping had everything cleaned and towels replaced every day...

My one big problem with this stay and for me it was a big problem, was the noise.... There was roadworks going on outside the hotel that started early in the morning as did housekeeping it seemed. You can hear everything in the hallway, every door closing and footfall... this is so much so that you can hear people’s conversations!!

On our last night there was awful noise at around midnight... I was sure it was a group of “jolly” people coming in down the hall.. It lasted so long I decided to go check and was met with another guest doing the same... we couldn’t figure where it was for a while.. as we headed up the stairs a member of staff was coming down from the 4TH!!!! floor apologising as he had asked them to stop.... Hotel seriously needs some soundproofing to make it was it could be.... Perfect

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a relatively small (about 45 rooms) very modern and scrupulously clean hotel with everything that you need. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. There is free WiFi, a free room safe, air conditioning, a bar and even a roof terrace. It is very well located being near the centre of the city so is in easy walking distance from the Colosseum in one direction and the Trevi Fountain in the other. Like many hotels in Rome it does not have a restaurant, but as there are many small restaurants nearby this is not a problem. We used Grotta d'Abuzzo which is almost opposite the hotel and is excellent.

2  Thank Stephen R
Alessandro T, Resident Manager at Rome Life Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stephen R

Thank you for the recent stay at the Rome Life Hotel.

It is so great to hear that the staff were friendly, helpful and did everything that could to make you feel welcome.

In addition, I would like to note your positive words on the locations room and its facilities.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back once again.

Best regards

Alessandro Tonetto

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a two night stay at Rome Life Hotel for my 30th birthday and we couldn't have asked for more.

The location is fantastic with Termini station plus the Colosseum, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain all 10-15 minutes walk away however Via Palermo itself is very quiet and peaceful.

The room was excellent with a comfortable king-size bed, blackout curtains and a minibar stocked with free water (still and sparkling), juice, soft drinks, crisps and biscotti. The waterfall shower was simple to use and provided good water pressure and temperature. The shower does have a non-frosted glass door which was not a problem for us but may be tricky for those travelling with friends! The cubicle isn't visible from the main bedroom so not the end of the world but something to be aware of. Shampoo, shower gel and body cream was also provided, along with plentiful towels, a small beauty kit featuring cotton buds, a make-up pad and a nail file plus a strong hairdryer.

Also provided is a free smartphone which is connected to the hotel's WiFi (also free and strong throughout the building). The smartphone gives directions to all Rome landmarks as well as restaurants across the city and can be taken with you on your travels which was extremely useful on our first day.

Breakfast was very tasty, good quality and lots of variety including meats, cheeses, fruit, cereal and cakes. There are also additional items which can be ordered for an extra cost including pancakes and omelettes. As mentioned, it was my 30th birthday during our stay and I was surprised with a mini chocolate birthday cake at breakfast that morning which was lovely.

Lastly, the staff at Rome Life were fantastic. From the second we entered we were made to feel welcome and at home and all of the staff were friendly and accommodating. We were able to leave our luggage in the store room both on our early arrival and check-out which allowed us the freedom to continuing exploring the city.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend Rome Life Hotel to anybody visiting the city and we will definitely stay again should we return to Rome.

2  Thank LilMissLola
Alessandro T, Resident Manager at Rome Life Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LilMissLola,

Thank you for the lovely review!

We are very proud to hear about the wonderful stay we were able to share with you.

It is great to hear that you found our prime location and comfortable accommodations to be so agreeable!

It's excellent you appreciated our amenities and services so much.

We hope you plan on staying with us again soon as we'd love to share another great experience with you.

Thanks again! Have a wonderful day!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From walking through the door to check in to walking out 6 days later the experience my husband and I had at this hotel was simply fantastic, could not fault anything. Lovely welcoming, helpful staff; superb, clean and well designed rooms; great, varied breakfast; nice bar area. This was a truly excellent hotel to stay in while exploring Rome . Central to a lot of the tourist places.
They also provided a smart phone in the room that you could take out with you - this had free internet and free calls, including international. We found this invaluable when we kept getting lost and found the information programmed in on each of the tourist sites well worth reading.
I would love to go back to Rome again and would not stay anywhere else.

1  Thank Joanna C

Dear Joanna C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience through TripAdvisor and for staying with us.

I appreciate your feedback as it is the best way for us to constantly measure our service.

It’s just fantastic to learn that you appreciated our " EXCELLENT HOTEL".

In addition, I would like to thank you for appreciating our team members for the service that they rendered, I will

ensure to pass your compliments to all of them.

Again, thank you for your recommendation and we are looking forward for your longer stay with us.

Warm Regards,