“Why does no one talk about this church?”

Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola
Book In Advance
$241.78*
Rome in a Day by Golf Cart: Colosseum and Roman Forum - Lunch Included
$78.97*
Small Group Roman Dolce Vita with Local Tips
$400.95*
and up
Private Baroque Walking Tour of Rome: Bernini, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, and...
Ranked #21 of 1,733 things to do in Rome
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I have walked from Piazza Navorone to Spanish Steps countless times and never noticed this church and yet today I happened to see the door open as I doing my tourist thing and decided to see what was there. I was in for a treat! Unlike the other churches this one was quiet and peaceful and not crowded....almost holy!! The art and statues were awe-inspiring and graceful. The altar beautiful and there was chant filling the church. I am not sure if it was actual monks or just a tape...didn't matter...it added a surreal feel to the place!

There are newer reviews for Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went into this church out of pure luck. It's fair I was absolutely blown away. We spent a lot of our time hunting out more churches, but none really compared to the initial shock of this amazing place.

The artwork is amazing, it is so peaceful and unlike anything that we have in Britain. Even if you are not religious, go to be amazed. I had tears in my eyes.

1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This church was well worth the stop because of the 3-D illusion of the paintings on the ceiling, and several marble sculptures.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beautiful painted vault with perspective!! The circle on the floor shows you where to stand to admire it.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were there on All Saints Day and there was an orchestra and choir performing. All were welcomed into this absolutely wonderful church.