“Great for Rainy Days...”
Review of Explora

Explora
Ranked #181 of 1,761 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This interactive children's museum is designed to engage children and stimulate their natural curiosity about science, the environment, society, communication and more.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Be aware that you cannot just turn up to Explora and expect to go straight in, you must book an appointment which lasts for a couple of hours and in turn means that it doesn't get too busy. Our two children really enjoyed themselves here, I had worried that my 9 year old might have been bored, but she loved it too - if she was any older it might have been an issue however. All displays are interactive, hands on, and educational too... I would really recommend a visit if your children are a bit "historied out" by Rome and need a complete change of scene...

1  Thank EmmaRSR

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I took my 2yr old grandsn to Explora and he enjoyed it very much. There is a lovely cafe for refreshments. The play area was terrific. Our grandson loved the water play. My only reservation was that we went to use the baby change facility at 1.55pm and the outer door was locked and that meant there was only one facility in use and a long queue of children and adults waiting to use it.

1  Thank weehinny051055
Reviewed January 3, 2014

the only problem, that it is much in Italian, but all the games are also described in English, & the staff is helpful, so it is nice for cooling down your children after a long day of visiting historical attractions

1  Thank Mohamed A
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place is amazing for anyone with young children. It has so many sections to explore over 2 floors - you won't notice those 2 hours you have for your visit. My advice would be, go early, especially with small kids. We went on a Saturday at 10.00, there were only 4-5 families and we could each occupy any section we wanted. There is lots to explore: soft play for 0-3 y.o. is the best I've seen so far with lots of ideas for play and books, fire engine, water pipes, drawing section, well-equipped kitchen, supermarket, garden, where you can pick fruit and veg (my favourite) and lots of logical tasks to solve upstairs. My 2 y.o. was running from one thing to another non-stop and enjoyed every minute of it!
There is a lovely shop, a cafe and a restaurant. All good. The main restaurant opens around 12, we had a nice lunch there.

1  Thank Irina B
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

A place for kids where they can explore. They can play and experience daily life. You don't stop to play because you get older. You get older because you stop playing... Stay young. Only for young kids.

Been to Explora? Share your experiences!