“Conveniently Located”

Residenza Praetoria
Ranked #445 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It is located on Via Milazzo which is a 10 minute walk tops from Roma Termini. We walked to the hotel and I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the road looks a little shady especially during late night...Also its a little difficult to find the hotel since there is no signage/board highlighting the hotels name...The only identifier is a flag on top of the building (walk past the Indian Restaurant ->move across the crossroad and you will see the flag and when you get closer to it you will see the hotel's name).

Coming to the hotel, we were greeted by great receptionist who informed us that we were getting the only room in the hotel which has the bath tub. He was very helpful with providing us information on how to move around - we ultimately bought the 3 day pass for public transport.

The room was delightfully spacious, comfy bed and had a cupboard with a safe. We got decent wi-fi signal in our room which was an added bonus. The bathroom was also pretty great.

The breakfast spread however was very limited - breads, cereals, juice/tea/coffee - thats it!

Overall really good budget hotel with extremely helpful staff and convenient location with access to public transport. I would recommend this hotel anytime and would love going back again to it :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We recently made the trip to Rome with my parents, my husband and my 14 month old son. I'm not sure we could have picked a better hotel for the price. It is just a couple blocks from the Termini (convenient!) and definitely looks slightly sketchy from the outside (there is no large signage). Once you get in, however, it was wonderful. The employees were friendly and helpful. Our two rooms were right next to each other and the room I got with my husband was actually a triple with our own little hallway which was fantastic for traveling with our little man. We had so much space it was unbelievable. Even my parents room wasn't what I would consider "European sized". A very simple breakfast was provided but we did have a wonderful woman who made us great cappuccinos in the morning. We also had free wifi in our rooms and superb air conditioning.
For those driving (like us), there is a garage right across the street from the hotel which was around 20-30 euro a day. Although, during the week there is a market on that street so you cannot drive down it during the day.
I am returning to Rome in a couple months when my sister visits and will almost certainly be staying again at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great stay, very helpful staff, hearty breakfast and a superb central location. Located near to Termini, a short metro ride or pleasant walk to the forum and other sites in Rome. In addition, there are a number of decent restaurants and bars close to the accommodation. In addition the beds are very comfy. The only slight criticism is that the wifi signal was relatively week in the room however, it's Rome so you won't be spending much time in the hotel! Overall, very much recommended!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed one night with my honey at Hotel Domus Praetoria which is a few blocks from the Roma Termini train station. This is a two star hotel that really cares about its guests. Breakfast is included in the rate and the owners will do whatever is necessary to make your stay the best. There is only one room with a bathtub, so if that is needed ask for room 303. That room is on the inside courtyard and is very quiet.

This hotel only has two stars brcause it does not have lots of amenties. We have stayed there twice because of the good service, fair pricing (especially for Rome) and the proxminity to the main train station. The Wifi signal in the room was very quick and made my computer and me happy. If you are looking for a hotel near the train station, Hotel Domus Praetoria is a great option.

Room Tip: Room 303 has a bathtub, is quiet, and spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The rooms are very nice and clean and the hotel location is excellent...really near Roma Termini. Great value for the price.
The staff is very friendly and has an excellent english.
Would recommend to anyone who wants to stay in Rome under budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GnrKeenan
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room was very clean and nice, including mini bar, tv, air conditioning, wi-fi, big bathroom, small balcony with the view to the neighbour building. Unfortunately, we did not like the breakfast there, it was really "continnental" as stated on the web-site, but only corn flakes and sweet pastery, one type of juice.... do not excpect much of it. The location is good, near to the main tran station Termini, only a few minutes of walk, but the quarter is not very clean. Generally, the impression of the hotel is very good considering its price and we would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arriving by air, I had an overnight stay at this hotel before traveling South by train. The location is very good, an easy short walk to Roma Termini, but one has to look for the house number and the list of occupants in order to find the hotel. My room was small, but the available space was very well utilized, featuring all the necessary amenities and very efficient remote control air conditioning. The unit was very clean, the bathroom fixtures were up to date (I loved the rain shower), and the bed was very comfortable. The Internet was sporadic, but good in the corridor and other public areas. The room was quiet, despite a market in the street next morning. I had to contact someone South of Rome and had great problems getting through. There was no cell phone reception in my room; however, the receptionist went out of his way to help and made several calls for me. Next day I got information about sightseeing buses and could leave my luggage for later pick-up. Upon my return the desk clerk made another phone call for me, and reminded me to hurry if I wanted to catch my train. Everyone went well beyond the call of duty. I certainly recommend this hotel especially for service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo