Best Western Blu Hotel Roma
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$181
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$147
$69
  • Free Internet
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$424
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
All reviewstiburtina stationbuy your bus ticketsbuses and trainsthe hotel stafffco airportpublic transportrome visitcomfortable hotelbasic roomtaxi ridecold cutshotel is locatedlong weekendrooms are largebreakfast staffbreakfast was includedpastries
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had made reservations thru Expedia for 3 nights. It was November, 2013 and very hot in Rome. We noticed the air conditioning was not working. It was blowing hot air. We complained to the manager who said someone was working on it. Second time we complained he said try another room. My husband went there and it was blowing hot air also. Then they told us air conditioning had been cut off by the government and we should open the window, We already had it open and had a dog outside our window barking constantly and neighbors sitting on the balcony looking in our room. I then called Expedia and they said they called the hotel and negioated paying for only 2 nights instead of three. We left the next morning and moved to Hilton at the airport where they had air conditioning. We are disputing the charge on credit card, but Expedia has been no help. They said the hotel offered us options so we would have to pay for 3 nights. So beware of Best Western Blu Roma and Expedia.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeanL3644
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here (a family of 2 adults and 2 children) for 4 nights. It was good value for money. It is currently undergoing renovation but it was ok for us as they start work at 8.30 am and stop at 6 pm, during which time we were either having breakfast in dining room or already out sightseeing. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and given a map and good suggestions on where to visit in Rome, how to get there etc....very efficient! On Our first night, we were given a room without windows that we could leave open (due to the renovation works, the window in our room opened onto a balcony which was not closed off, meaning anyone could walk up to the window and climb in. As the centralized aircond was off and it would be stuffy without the aircond and open window, we asked for another room. We were quickly given a fan and assured that they would give us another room next morning. As we were out very early the next morning, they told us that they will move our suitcases when the room was ready. Sure enough, when we got back in the evening, they had put all our suitcases in the new room. Both rooms were of a good size
and I am sure, once the renovation works were completed, they would be very comfortable.
The staff were very friendly and willing to help. When I phoned asking for coffee making facilities and it was late in coming, the gentleman at the reception personally came up to our room and apologized. The location is good, very near (about 50m) to the bus stop where we could take the bus to the metro station, which was actually within walking distance. It was not difficult to walk to the metro station. It was also close to a supermarket (about 200 m). The staff at the hotel reception also recommended good pizzerias nearby. RE Della Pizza at Via D. de Dominicia N1
sells fantastic pizzas! (situated midway between the hotel and the supermarket). The hotel may not be in Rome centre, but i feel it was good value for money and travelling into Rome by public transport was not a problem as the hotel is close to the bus and metro stops. We used the Roma
Pass and it came in handy (and economical) when traveling into Rome centre everyday. Wifi was free, but a little erratic. The dining room was a little spartan, a bit of improvement in the soft furnishings and lights would be great. The breakfast was ok, no complaints.

We would definitely stay here again if we go to Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LiewSL
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My partner and I spent three nights here in October. Within moments of entering, Enrico greeted, welcomed us and met probably some of the most bizarre requests I gave him. I don't think I've ever seen anyone work so quickly and precisely for me.
He was one of the most helpful and courteous gentlemen I've met during my stay. Thumbs up!
The staff generally were very good.

The location is good. Metro is not very far away.
The room itself was pretty much all you need.
Local food - Delicious.
Not too impressed by the hotel restaurant.

Having said that, I would definitely stay here again if I visit Roma.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Naveens85
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff was great but little else about this property worked for me. I thought I would compromise location for WiFi, Modern, Clean, comfort, et. I have reasonable expectations and this property didnt meet them. The Wifi worked in the lobby only, the bed and room haven't been updated since it was built. The metro was a good walk away so in hindsight I would not have stayed here and opted for a value hotel closer to the city. Cab fares in Rome are very expensive and metro closes at midnight so whatever I saved in room rate I spent plus more on cab and metro fees.
If the hotel was better I would not have minded.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Molly-Maddog
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is not in the center of the city but a short subway ride away, and this did not matter. Staff were always there to help with anything and accomodations were very comfortable. The Ristorante " Grano Duro " is exceptional. Usually I do not like to eat in hotel restaurants but this one stands head above shoulder in food taste and quality. Price is fai also. Lorenzo, their star waiter makes your culunary experience very satisfying with his professionalism and personable charm. My wife and I really enjoyed this experience. Well done to this hotel....non posso vedere l'ora ti ritornare!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family