“Good hotel near train station”

Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
Ranked #539 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 6, 2014

After arriving in Rome you don't want to have to search for your hotel. For ease of finding your hotel, the Radisson Blu in Rome is the best. It is literally across the street from the main train station. While the train noise might be a problem for very light sleepers it wasn't a problem for me and my wife has described me as a light sleeper. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We often asked questions about touring Rome and the staff was quick with answers. The room we had was spacious and very modern. The bed was comfortable (I would give it a 8 out of 10). The room was clean and promptly taken care of each morning by the staff. Breakfast was top notch. For the money this hotel is a good buy as compared to other hotels in the same price range. Considering ease of location, cleanliness, staff and overall quality this hotel is the best Radisson Blu we have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train station.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArkansasMinister
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during November on my birthday. The location is great close to the train station. Hotel room is very modern and using the shower was a bit weird as it is made of glass..hahaha.But it shouldn't be a problem for couples but if you are with friends or children then it can be a bit awkward. Breakfast is superb! I would recommend taking the airport shuttle to the airport. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would definitely stay there again if we go back to Rome. to the staff of the hotel great job!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John V
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Great staff especially swimming pool assistant, I ran out of sun tan lotion and he gave me his straight away. Lovely room, nice and clean and sort of quirky, just wish you could pick up the hotel and move to a nicer part of Rome.

• Stayed: May 2014
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for the comment about our staff and for appreciating our hotel.
Moving the hotel in another part of Rome, means that you do not have the stunning view of the city, the train station and the roman hills as well from an unique point: our seventh floor.
We hope to welcome you again!
best regards

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Whilst in Rome recently I spent a day at the spa resort at the Raddison Blu in Rome. The cost was 43 euro per person with use of the sunbeds, gym,sauna, towels. The sun was shining and it was a very pleasant day. Food is a little on the expensive side but very nice. Staff were very pleasant but communication between them was a little lax.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,
thank you for choosing our hotel for your short break.
Thank you for the nice words about the quality of our food.
If you need another time to relax, please do not hesitate to come back in our "urban resort"

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Where do I begin?

The check-in was slow. The elevator is small. The hallways are long and dark. The room is large and filled with patio furniture. The shower/jacuzzi tub is in the middle of the room and the bathroom is tiny with very little lighting. The TV is a nice size with a few English channels. The wifi is decent, but they make you pay .33 per minute to use the desktop computer ethernet to print boarding passes or surf. There is only one outlet to charge your electronics.

The train station is adjacent to the hotel...which is nice if you like noise. Actually getting to the train station entrance, however, is a 10 minute uphill walk on cobblestone streets. You're better of taking a taxi if you have a lot of luggage. The area is seedy and littered with homeless people and shifty looking characters.

The hotel was clean, which is the nicest thing I can say about it. I used points and couldn't imagine paying money to stay there. We needed a place to stay before our flight from Rome and that's exactly what we got. I was disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Spankytoes

Dear guest,
I am sorry that you didn't like your stay.
I do apologize for the slowly reception, but with 232 rooms and 500 persons to welcome every day it could happen that guests have to wait 5 minutes more.
Elevators are in regulare size, also for wheelchair. Furniture are piece of design, created by international architect.
I am sorry too that anyone said you that we offer free internet to print the boarding pass, and free wifi in the whole hotel.
Regarding our style, I am sorry that you didn't see our designed rooms before reserving.
Thank you for appreciating our clean staff.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in May with a friend. Chose hotel due to its good name and the fact that it had a rooftop swimming pool. Hotel was easy to find when getting of the airport express at the Termini station. On arrival the hotel upgraded us to a superior room which was fantastic. The room was of a high standard - the only negative was the lack of door on the shower which made it tricky for two friends but this can be worked around. The hotel bar was lovely and the drinks were competitively priced for Rome - the complimentary snacks were definitely an added bonus! I cannot rate the reception staff highly enough - especially Claudio and Elena who recommended excellent restaurants to eat in at night and gave useful information for day trips etc. Although the hotel is situated in a down market area we never felt unsafe and the restaurants in the area were of a high quality and more traditional than those in the centre. Being located close to the train station had its advantages as everything was easily accessible via the Metro.
Overall, I'd definitely stay in this Hotel again if I was in Rome and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If it wasn't for the great deal we got I would have rated it a 3 and not a 4. But yes, we got a great deal so it was a good hotel for that deal. However, if I would have paid the regular price, I would have been dissapointed, it felt outdated, like a modern hotel does after a few years if it isn't looked after well enough. They did however renovate some rooms while we we staying there. The prices foor breakfast and in the bar was ridiculously high. In town you got the same drinks for at least half the price. The rooms faced different ways, our room faced the trainstation and we could actually hear when they called out for the different trains. And the rooms are not for new couples, there was not a closed bathroom, no way to close a door when taking a shower and the door for the toilet couldn't be locked and there was no doorframe, creating gaps, so it was never totally shut.

However, the staff was really nice and helpful, the location was central, but perhaps not in the best part of town. I liked that part of town though, not so touristy. But central and easy to walk to all tourist sights.

All in all, if you get a deal, go for it, but for regular price I believe you can get more for your money otherwhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Livia,
thank you for your review. It is strange that you didn't appreciate our open plan rooms, because in your country this is the most used architecture.
Regarding the price of food and beverage, they are in line with the location. Of course you can go in a bar on the street, but I think that it's better to have breakfast or aperitif on the rooftop, city viewing, with the stunning athmosfere of the seventh floor. And you can go in other hotels in Rome, but if you want to take a swim in the 20 mt. swimming pool on the rooftop and have a 5 stars service, in a convenient location for moving around the city, we are the unique choice to do!
Thank you for your comment about the staff.