“Terrible.”

Ranked #526 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Spokane, Washington
“Terrible.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I used my points to stay at this hotel. The first room I stayed in was terrible, and smelled incredibly strong of some kind of perfume. I could barely breathe and got quite a headache. When I asked to switch rooms I was brought to a room that was much nicer but about 80 degrees F and no air and no windows that opened. They told me the air didn't work because it was not "the season." The last room I went to also had no air but I could leave the sliding glass door open so that I didn't roast, which was easily accessible by other rooms and I am a single female, so I was very uncomfortable with that but it was either that or cook.

The area of the hotel next to the hotel and Termini Station was completely ghetto. I am a seasoned traveler but when I left the hotel at night for dinner I easily got lost on my way back, and was surprised I wasn't mugged or attacked. Also, since it abuts the train station the hotel is incredibly loud. I would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Anna B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Junior suite, 40 m2. Nice design, dark wooden floors, open room design, leaky windows but few. Windy balcony, nice when it´s warm.
If you don´t want to hear what your partner do at the toilet stay somewhere else, go out or put on the music ( "foggy" glass door with chink ) .
Room was very cold, 18 degrees and 19 after that we have complained. We had to open the door out to the corridor to get it warmer. Leaky windows and windy weather, 8 - 19 degrees. We had much noise from the Termini station in one morning, impossible to sleep from 6 o´clock.
Lots of Chines retailers, very clean inside, in the area.
Fantastic breakfast and top floor with restaurant, pool area, view...
Very nice personal and good cleaning.
Hard and good beds.

Room Tip: Can´t. A friend stayed at a standard room that was very hot. They could not open the Window and the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
Location: Excellent
The hotel is at a walking distance from the main railway station and also has convenient pick up points for various guided tours. It is however very far away from the Airport, though we had no problem in finding conveyance when we got down at the Airport late night.
Food: Good
The breakfast spread is good which has enough veg and non-veg options to choose from. However there was very little change in the menu during the three days which later made it boring. And yes, found the restaurant very nicely located on one of the top floors with an open view. There were enough options available within walking distance for food anyways.
Rooms: Our room was not very large but was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for appreciating our hotel and for taking the time of this review.
We hope to welcome you again in your next trip to Rome.
Best regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was my big birthday celebration. I selected the Radisson as I wanted a modern luxurious hotel with good amenities such as pool, spa, good restaurant and nice rooms. We had a great long weekend, but the hotel was a big disappointment. The good points were... the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good. The bad points were. The rooms were awful - cheap and nasty decor. No wardrobe just a hanging rail. One drawer so everything was left out and looked messy. One power socket and no mirror nearby so I could not use my GHD's and we could not charge our various devices at the same time - ridiculous. The bath design was bad and every time you showered the water would seep around the edge of the bath and around into our clothes which were lying around the corner in the only place we could leave them (under the hanging rail) because of the lack of drawers. Second evening we went to the bar/restaurant for a light meal and a couple of drinks. There was a charity benefit on with very loud jazz music which we do not like so we left. There was no warning of this to guests and no other bar or restaurant in the hotel so we went back to the room and ordered room service as we were too tired to go out again. There were only two choices on the room service menu in the room - nachos and sushi - we had both and it was dreadful. The pool was empty and being refurbished - if the weather had not been so poor that would have also been an issue as we had planned to swim. This is the third Radisson I have stayed in. First was Jersey which was awful and we complained and were offered a free night on a return visit - but we didn't want to return. Second hotel was Manchester and was lovely. This one - very very disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you are american who only wants conviniance in an american fashion - Dont expect this out of Radisson. It is so much better. Modern rooms in glass and modern furniture.

In order to get into Town, there is a Walking distance of 15-20 minutes. Perfectly OK. If you are not used to walk, take a cab.

I found Radisson like a modern Oasis located in the anicent Rome. For us it was perfect, with nice and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Avaid rooms located next to the Railway station.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarsBengtsson
Kettering
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great hotel, breakfast and rooms .staff very helpful .convenient to the train station and the bus station.only downside was that the shower gel/shampoos were rubbish sachets more akin to budget hotels

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Clareba,
thank you for your review and for the compliments about our location.
Our branded bath products are packaged in little plastic bottles, they are very appreciated from our guest. They always ask for them as souvenirs.
I am sorry that you've missed them! Feel free to give us you home address with a private message, and you will receive a full kit of our bath products.

Best Regards
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Managed to get a great deal for this hotel with lastminute.com over Christmas £170 two nights in Feb with breakfast. Thought this was too good to be true but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is lovely, had to use GPS to find but once found the metro just round the corner and short walk from all attractions was brilliant. The room was a great size- the beds and sink are very close but whilst lying down I couldn't hear the bath running. Was very very clean and cleaned everyday by a friendly maid. We visited when the pool was closed but looked like would have been an excellent sun trap. The breakfast was marvelous free champagne is available and great selection of food. We did not eat at the hotel as liked to go out and explore in the evenings but would have done the menu looked great.

Room Tip: I believe we had a basic double. We were on the 3rd floor- on the side furthest away from the statio...
Dear Guest,
we are happy to know that your stay was beyond your expectation!
Thank you for highlighting our strenghts, we hope to welcome you again at our hotel.
Best regards