“Great value and location”
Review of Bellesuite Rome

Bellesuite Rome
Ranked #667 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Bruno and Allesandro make this place personal and worth it. Location very close to ancient ruins, within walking distance.Walking distance to the Trevi fountain and a block to the metro. Not fancy, but clean and functional.We had a Jr. suite, perfect for family of 4, two single beds and one queen. Lighting in the room was not great, but then we weren't there most of the time. Bruno very helpful on city tips and suggestions. Small ancient elevator and an interesting old concierge hangs out on the first floor during the day, but that is part of the charm. We felt safe in the neighborhood and found a great little bakery down the street. For a large city like Rome for a few nights this is a great value. We did not have any problems with st. noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ellen D
There are newer reviews for Bellesuite Rome

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the room with three beds (4 people). Bruno and Alessandro were helpful and friendly, settling in our room right away. The room had enough room for a double bed and two single beds, and that's about it. It was on the street side, so it was somewhat loud. The door didn't keep out much hallway noise. The TV had SKY, which provided several English channels, including some news channels. The bathroom was small, with the toilet jammed in so that one had to sit askew. The shower was the most disappointing part, with hot water pressure dropping to virtually zero after a few minutes. As long as I didn't mind a cold shower I was fine. The shower was small, but no smaller than most others I've seen in Italy. I think the shower could use a good cleaning, as the molding was...moldy.The double sized bed had a mattress that was tired. Most of the beds in Italy were hard, but the springs on this one seemed worn out. We stayed one night before our return flight, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NPfromNYC
Reviewed June 5, 2012

What a dissapointment. We were really looking forward to our stay based on earlier reviews. My Wife, Daughter and I booked a 3 bedded room and paid 190 euros per night. We fould the place without problems and proceeded up to the 2nd floor and was met by a miserable chap who didnt smile or even look at us. He took us up to the third floor to room 304 and no third bed as booked.He could even find the light. The Floor was dusty and the Bathroom was a joke. You have to sit on the toilet sideways and I could hardly fit in the shower. The Bathroom blinds were dirty and thank god it had a wooded floor as dread to think what might breed in a carpet. The next day we met Bruno. What a lovely chap and we started to feel more relaxed but then at breakfast there was a massive slanging match between a young man and the italian woman. They were screaming at each other while we waited for coffee. I can only presume he hadnt done what was asked of him as if she had a weapon i think he would no longer be with us. We spent 3 nights here and on leaving we were asked to pay the bill which we did 6 months ago via the website. Overall not a good experience and will definatly not be back.

Room Tip: Dont Bother. Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank parkside96
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Other reviews have said it all. Bruno is our hero, he is cultivated, knows what to see and what to avoid, if he doesn't know he looks it up. And he is quite a character. Breakfast on the terrace is a fantastic way to start the day. Just on thing: if you measure 1,93m (6ft4), make sure you CRAWL through the main door. I nearly left my head behind when it smacked into the unbelievably low door. We will certainly go back there next time.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a parquet floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Francis T
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nice, clean room. Good value for your money. Close to Termini.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SWI123
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Before I begin I do have to admit that I have no comparison of another hotel in Rome. I am basing my review on what I have experienced elsewhere and in the USA. The location is terrific if you want to be five minutes from the train station. About a 25 minute walk to Trevino Fountain and a 20 minute bus ride (on bus #40) to the Vatican and a 25 minute walk to the Colliseum.
The Ugly:
The bed is hard a rock, the shower stinks and the road is very noisy at night. Not all staff speak English but adequate for a little communication. There was an awful musty smell coming from the housekeeping closet and permeated throughout the room.
The Good:
The elevator is very cool. Breakfast was very good and they have American BREWED coffee. English speaking TV is there if you want that and there was hot water for the shower.

I'm only giving it a 2 rating because this is what it compares to something of this level in the States.

Seemed very expensive since I paid 150 euro per night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat H
Reviewed May 12, 2012

In a few words: a very nice hotel!

My room didn't have a great view, the view was into the backyard, still very nice and no noise.
From outside the hotel doesn't look very friendly and neither does the entry gate, nor the whole street, but when inside it looks like a great hotel. Indeed there are more than 2 other hotels in the same building (from the same hotel line i think).

My room was great: huge, very clean, normal TV, big bath including a tub. I felt really comfortable. It had a great Wi-fi internet connection which i used all the time. I paid the cheapiest price (70EUR) and i was astounded. Service was nice and helpful, breakfast was a bit boring though!

The location is very central and close to the main train station Termini and Piazza Repubblica. Surrounded by other hotels and great restaurants.

I will without a doubt go back to this hotel when i'm back in Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo