Lowest prices for your stay
$193
Hotels.com$193
eDreams$182
Travelocity$193
1,221 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic service at the bar

Beautiful bar with fantastic service from momo
The most friendly bar host in Rome
We will come back just for aperitivo
Momo is the friendliest bartender in Rome
Everything was attended with care

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank 117carolinem
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear Caroline! Thank you for your kind review! We hope to see you again! Our best regards!

Reviewed May 25, 2019

Felt at home in the ambience of this hotel, close to Roma Termini and other famous landmarks. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and courteous. Appreciated that we could sit out in the courtyard for drinks and nibbles. Surprisingly the hotel is very quiet with no traffic noise. The bedroom and bathroom was a bit dated but we would stay here again if we ever came back to Rome.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Dear Guest! We highly appreciate your kind review and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Would be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel! Thank you and see you in Rome!

Reviewed April 20, 2019

This hotel is very close to a main street but does not have the street noise to keep you awake. We stayed here overnight in preparation for our cruise out of Civitavecchia, Italy. Being American who speaks no foreign languages, an English speaking hotel was a must. What I liked about this hotel is that being close to the main street, it was easy to catch a 'hop on - hop off' bus and other modes of transportation around the town. We chose to walk which was fine. The continental breakfast (FREE) was delicious. We had our choice of pastries, scrambled eggs, cereal, and fruit. (Americans be warned - their orange juice is different from ours. Not bad but different.) Some reviews indicate the beds were hard. Let me correct you - they were FIRM. They were not uncomfortable and I slept fine. I found the rooms to be no smaller than hotel rooms in the USA. We did not eat at the restaurant but in walking about, found that we were literally surrounded by restaurants (many in the same block). We were also able to book passage directly from our hotel to the cruise port which was a great time saver. What I didn't like - there are no USB ports to charge mobile phones or tablets and the hallways were narrow. This hotel is definitely NOT wheelchair friendly. You must climb 3 steps and go down a hallway to reach the elevator. You must go down 3 steps in the morning to eat your breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcine L
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Dear Marcine! Thank you for your kind review! It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again!
Our best regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Convenient to the train station meaning a 15 minute walk - the room was smallish with a bed that took up most of the room. The restaurant in the hotel was below average in both selection and seating with these super heavy chairs that were very worn out. What you could do was order from the bar menu which we found acceptable more so than the actual restaurant's menu. I think it would be possible to get a better hotel with a better restaurant that is closer to the train station.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank A C
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear A C
First of all I would like to extend our apologies if we missed your expectations during your stay and thank you for taking time to review our hotel .

You are right we are convenient to the train station but is also convenient to reach sites as Via Veneto, Trevi fountain and the Spanish Steps

We really hope to welcome you again in Rome

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Old hotel in need of updating.
Rooms are old and tired looking.
Lift in the lobby area is incredibly slow.
Food is average.
Gym was terrible.
I asked for an iron and ironing board to be delivered to my room at 7:15pm one night so I could iron a shirt before going to dinner. I was told by reception that the ironing service finished at 6:30pm, so I could not get my shirt ironed. When I asked to use the iron that the housekeeping staff would normally use, I was told that it was not possible and my shirt could not be ironed until the following day! Not at all helpful when I needed a well ironed shirt for dinner! Terrible customer service to not offer an iron for use by a guest - feels like purely an attempt to make more money out of the guest.

I will not be staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Hughieross
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Hughiesross
First of all we woul like to extend our deppest apologise if we miss your expetection during your stay with us !

Your review is really importat for us and will give the opportunity to increase our guest service that is one of our main target.

We hope to welcome you again in Rome