Lowest prices for your stay
$116
Hotels.com$122
Official Hotel$123
travelup.com$128
1,221 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

This hotel is very close to a main street but does not have the street noise to keep you awake. We stayed here overnight in preparation for our cruise out of Civitavecchia, Italy. Being American who speaks no foreign languages, an English speaking hotel was a must. What I liked about this hotel is that being close to the main street, it was easy to catch a 'hop on - hop off' bus and other modes of transportation around the town. We chose to walk which was fine. The continental breakfast (FREE) was delicious. We had our choice of pastries, scrambled eggs, cereal, and fruit. (Americans be warned - their orange juice is different from ours. Not bad but different.) Some reviews indicate the beds were hard. Let me correct you - they were FIRM. They were not uncomfortable and I slept fine. I found the rooms to be no smaller than hotel rooms in the USA. We did not eat at the restaurant but in walking about, found that we were literally surrounded by restaurants (many in the same block). We were also able to book passage directly from our hotel to the cruise port which was a great time saver. What I didn't like - there are no USB ports to charge mobile phones or tablets and the hallways were narrow. This hotel is definitely NOT wheelchair friendly. You must climb 3 steps and go down a hallway to reach the elevator. You must go down 3 steps in the morning to eat your breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcine L
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Empire Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Dear Marcine! Thank you for your kind review! It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again!
Our best regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Convenient to the train station meaning a 15 minute walk - the room was smallish with a bed that took up most of the room. The restaurant in the hotel was below average in both selection and seating with these super heavy chairs that were very worn out. What you could do was order from the bar menu which we found acceptable more so than the actual restaurant's menu. I think it would be possible to get a better hotel with a better restaurant that is closer to the train station.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank A C
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Empire Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear A C
First of all I would like to extend our apologies if we missed your expectations during your stay and thank you for taking time to review our hotel .

You are right we are convenient to the train station but is also convenient to reach sites as Via Veneto, Trevi fountain and the Spanish Steps

We really hope to welcome you again in Rome

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Old hotel in need of updating.
Rooms are old and tired looking.
Lift in the lobby area is incredibly slow.
Food is average.
Gym was terrible.
I asked for an iron and ironing board to be delivered to my room at 7:15pm one night so I could iron a shirt before going to dinner. I was told by reception that the ironing service finished at 6:30pm, so I could not get my shirt ironed. When I asked to use the iron that the housekeeping staff would normally use, I was told that it was not possible and my shirt could not be ironed until the following day! Not at all helpful when I needed a well ironed shirt for dinner! Terrible customer service to not offer an iron for use by a guest - feels like purely an attempt to make more money out of the guest.

I will not be staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Hughieross
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Empire Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Hughiesross
First of all we woul like to extend our deppest apologise if we miss your expetection during your stay with us !

Your review is really importat for us and will give the opportunity to increase our guest service that is one of our main target.

We hope to welcome you again in Rome

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel in February for my special birthday I Picked due to being close buy all the tourist spots nearby,the staff at the hotel were amazing especially I think Francisco was his name from the moment we checked in he was great told us some great places to visit and restaurants nearby. The room and bed were great especially for a good nights sleep when you have been out all day,amazing touch was a bottle of champagne left in the room on my birthday a special thanks for making it a great holiday would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at UNAWAY Hotel Empire Roma, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Dear SB2013

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for sharing your experience !

We will notify to Francesco your review and we are sure he will be happy to know that is work has been apprecciated.

See you soon in Rome

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The hotel is well placed for visiting the tourist spots of Rome. The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon for example are about 15 minutes walk, the walk to the Colosseum took me about 25 minutes, the Vatican is a bit further.

Check in and check out were friendly and efficient. No mistakes with the bill. Portering staff also pleasant and helpful.

The room and en suite were clean and the bed comfortable but the room was very small. There were only 3 hangers in the wardrobe which was inadequate. As is usual in Italy there were no tea and coffee making facilities. The safe was free and did work.

I had planned to use the restaurant on one night but it was closed all the time I was there. Food apparently was available in the Blue Bar but the couple of times I went in it was empty and frankly looked quite depressing. I therefore ate out every night and there is a good selection of decent restaurants within a short walk from the hotel.

Breakfast was a typical Italian hotel buffet, pastries, bread, fruit, yoghurt etc; plus scrambled and little sausages if you wanted something hot. Coffee was nothing special.

I found the waiting staff to be uncommunicative. On the first morning they were serving coffee to the tables, it took a considerable time before anyone came to ask if I wanted coffee and a considerable time for it to come.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank EnochOllier

Dear EnochOllier thank you for taking time to review our hotel !

We really appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff to improve our services.

See you on your next time in Rome