“Excellent stay - Close to attractions - Friendly Owner”

Rome Downtown Accomodation
Ranked #86 of 3,781 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had an excellent stay at Downtown Accomodation. The staff was very friendly. My room was very clean and everything worked. The accommodation is just 15 min walk from Termini, 5 min from the Coliseum, Forum and Piazza Venezia, 15 minutes from the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon... I wanted something clean and comfortable and close to the attractions, and for this price, I was very happy with what I got. Free wifi and great breakfast. There's a supermarket nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Downtown Accomodation offers a great location and a very reasonable rate. How can you beat the breakfast delivered to your door, the wonderful and helpful service from the owners, the very clean, comfortable space and just a three block walk to the Colosseum!?! We felt like we had found a home in this very large and busy city. Lorenzo went above and beyond to assist us in feeling safe and comfortable. I would highly recommend this space.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The owner Lorenzo is very helpful and explained how to get to all the major attractions in detail. He also provided us directions to the laundry(10 euros for 7kg of clothes for cleaning and drying, just pass all the clothes to the service lady and collect a few hours later.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wow what a great location. We bused to the vatican but everything else was walkable....although we returned home shattered. We managed to see everything that Rome had to offer in just 3 days and 2 nights. You can throw away all those tour guides because the owner is just great. He told us where to go how to get there, what to see. How to eat cheaply and where to spend our money. Rooms are spotless, showers hot, beds are huge and the lining white and crisp although beds were too hard for our liking. You can get a taxi a few minutes walk from the taxi ranks for only 30 Euros including free luggage to ciampino airport. Great value for money for the location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie E
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We (me and husband) spent 4 nights at Rome Downtown Accomodation last week (13/17 February).
We were looking for a simple and clean place, with private bathroom and good location, from where we could visit the city and use the bus or metro subway if necessary.
We were really happy with our choice since the first minute.
Lorenzo was really gentle and explainded us everything we wanted to know.
We stayed in one of the two rooms (?) far from the main street (like we asked for), but we could not hear the sound from the street even when we were outside the room.It was not the largest room ever but it was good enough for us, with plenty of space for our 2 big bags, a desk-table, 2 chairs, wardrobe, confortable beds, nice shower...
Lorenzo gave us one big bottle of water and served us the breakfast every morning in our room at the time that we asked it. And it was a nice breakfast...contrary to other B&B, it was not only one croissant and latte...we had 2 croissants, latte/coffee, jam, butter, yoghurt, orange juice, toasts.! :) ...plus:served in our room!With a big smile always! Grazie lorenzo!

When we leaved the room for the first time we were on the colosseo street in less than 5 minutes...and then Piazza venezia, campidoglio...what a 5 stars location! In via cavour there are several restaurants, a mini market close to the hotel and a bigger one just before cavour subway station, on the other side of the street.

From the leonardo da vinci airport we took the regional train (FR1) to oviense station, and then we take the subway at piramide station ....in 2 stations we were in the hotel subway station (Cavour or Colosseo), less than 1 hour from the airport and just a 5 minutes walk from the subway:)

We believe that our stay in Rome was more perfect because of our hotel choice!
We'll be back when we return to Rome, for sure!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank framboesa
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Rome was our first stop in Italy at the end of November 2011 and after conducting a lot of research I found out about Downtown Accommodation. My husband and I were looking for a decent place to stay in Rome that was fairly priced and close to the train station and attractions. From the minute I contacted Lorenzo and Isa, I was impressed by the great customer service they provided, including giving us good directions on how to reach their location.

It is a fair 20 minute walk from the train station to Downtown Accommodation but we only had 2 backpacks and a rolling carry-on, so we were able to manage. We met the proprietor Lorenzo and my husband and I liked him immediately (especially since he greeted us with a large bottle of water!). We just knew that we were in good hands.

We stayed in Rome for 4 days, with Downtown Accommodation as our base camp, so we had a lot of time to explore the area. It is within walking distance to the Colosseum and tons of restaurants, gelato shops (visit Flor, it is fabulous!), stores and the Metro subway, so you can easily take the subway train to the Vatican and other sites. Just next door there is a shop called Pizza e Mortadella which sells water, juice, wine, sandwiches and pizza as well.

Breakfast was delivered in our room each morning by Lorenzo and it consisted of pastries, yogurt, juice, coffee, melba toasts and jam. It was a great start for the day for the both of us! We loved the coffee and for our last morning we asked Lorenzo if we could have 2 cups of coffee instead of juice. He was more than happy to do this for us and we really appreciated it.

If you are looking for fancy, 5 star accommodations, this is not the place for you. If however, you are looking for a clean and safe place to stay, with Lorenzo as a sincere, hardworking and caring host then this IS the place for you! Grazie per tutti Lorenzo! Anjan and I look forward to staying with you again next time we are in Rome!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sandy N
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I am usually a finicky Marriott guy who only wants a smoke free and clean hotel with free arrival gift and being treate like a Kaiser or a Sultan anywhere I travel. But I got adventurous this time when I arrived in Rome with no reservation, partly due to my busy work schedule that didn't allow me to do much research before my trip. When I arrived in Rome, I found that the Marriott in the center of the city was very expensive, while the "reasonably priced" Courtyard Hotel was 1.5 hr away from the city center by public transportation (wasting valuable time and risking being picked pocket by the Gypsy) or by tax (risk being ripped off by the Roman taxi drivers). I was lucky enough to meet Isabella at the right place at the right time, who recommend that I stay at her small hotel at the heart of Roma. Like in the "God Father" movies, they offered me "a deal you can't refuse". So I said "forget Marriott, I will stay in your place" thinking that being a single guy traveling alone this time I can't justify spending $$$$ a night at the Marriott. Her husband Lorenzo doesn't do sculptures like that Renaissance man Lorenzo Ghiberti, but he is a great guy and a hospitable host, who is eager to point you to the right direction when you need sightseeing informations. All things considered, and with my flexible and open-minded attitude being a seasoned American traveler, I feel the whole lodging experience is very nice by European standard for the money I spent, and I think they deserve a 5-star rating. In a city that's geared to make as much money out of tourists as possible, meeting a hotel owner like Lorenzo is a refreshing and positive experience.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo